Immuno-Globulins & Whey

I have heard a lot about how the anabolic effect of whey is greatly determined by the immuno-globulin content of the product.

This would make it seem as though a well made whey concentrate would be more anabolic then an isolate.

If price was NO object, would you guys go for concentrate or isolate?

Trying to get ripped: Isolate

Regular healthy usage: Concentrate

I have never heard anything about the anabolic properties of immuno-globulins. I’d imagine that the anabolic effect of whey comes from everything including the amino acids, minerals, and other nutrients.

Although if you really care about immuno-globulins and immune system you should make your own Kefir.

[quote]anthropocentric wrote:
Trying to get ripped: Isolate

Regular healthy usage: Concentrate

I have never heard anything about the anabolic properties of immuno-globulins. I’d imagine that the anabolic effect of whey comes from everything including the amino acids, minerals, and other nutrients.

Although if you really care about immuno-globulins and immune system you should make your own Kefir. [/quote]

thanks for the reply, currently im 13% bodyfat with an immediately goal of getting to 10% do you think going for isolate over concentrate at this point is a good idea, or maybe save it for when im actually under 10%

You do realize that immunoglobulins, as well as any other protein would be quickly denatured and broken down into amino acids in the acidic enviroment of the gut, correct?

[quote]anime wrote:
You do realize that immunoglobulins, as well as any other protein would be quickly denatured and broken down into amino acids in the acidic enviroment of the gut, correct?[/quote]

so im guessing your vote is for isolate…