Immortal Technique

He’s a great rapper, very talented, but people need to stop yelling how real and deep he is. A lot of his songs are about some real issues, but most of his shit’s about government conspiracy. Seriously, that’s not deep. His pure skill as an MC can’t be argued, though.

And guys, we will never agree on who is the most skilled MC and whatnot; stop arguing. We have this thread every few weeks.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
overrated as fuck

l8z[/quote]

I’ve got to agree here. I don’t seem to get all of the buzz. Even if you’re really into alternative/underground hip hop, I still don’t see why he’s considered to be so great. He’s alright, though.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
overrated as fuck

l8z[/quote]

I don’t think “overrated” means what you think it means.

He’s far from popular enough to be overrated.

Pretty stupid comments in this thread. Take his lyrics to “Bin Laden.”

"I wouldn’t fight for racist churches from the south, my nigga
"I’d be fightin’ to keep the occupation out, my nigga
"You ever clock someone who talk shit, or look at you wrong?
"Imagine if they shot at you, and was rapin’ your moms

The popular message propagated by the media is that the Iraqi insurgency supports Hussein. Yet that misses the point. Using metaphor, he shows that they are not FOR Hussein. They are just AGAINST occupation.

Thus, if people invaded the United States, Immoral Technique would take up arms. He wouldn’t do so in order to further the interest of people like George W. Bush, or “racist churches from the south.” He’d fight for his own dignity (“You ever clock someone who talk shit, or look at you wrong?”); and for the dignity of his family (“Imagine if they shot at you, and was rapin’ your moms.”)

We could do this sort of analysis all day.

Not deep? LMFAO at you.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Artem wrote: He’s a great rapper, very talented, but people need to stop yelling how real and deep he is. A lot of his songs are about some real issues, but most of his shit’s about government conspiracy. Seriously, that’s not deep. His pure skill as an MC can’t be argued, though.

Pretty stupid comments in this thread. Take his lyrics to “Bin Laden.”

"I wouldn’t fight for racist churches from the south, my nigga
"I’d be fightin’ to keep the occupation out, my nigga
"You ever clock someone who talk shit, or look at you wrong?
"Imagine if they shot at you, and was rapin’ your moms

The popular message propagated by the media is that the Iraqi insurgency supports Hussein. Yet that misses the point. Using metaphor, he shows that they are not FOR Hussein. They are just AGAINST occupation.

Thus, if people invaded the United States, Immoral Technique would take up arms. He wouldn’t do so in order to further the interest of people like George W. Bush, or “racist churches from the south.” He’d fight for his own dignity (“You ever clock someone who talk shit, or look at you wrong?”); and for the dignity of his family (“Imagine if they shot at you, and was rapin’ your moms.”)

We could do this sort of analysis all day.

Not deep? LMFAO at you. [/quote]

“A lot of his songs are about some real issues”
Therefore, your “LMFAO at you” is already unjustified.
And no, that’s really not deep. Listen to Tell the Truth; that shit’s retarded.

Also, the dude is just fucking angry all the time; it’s annoying.

worthless political rap

[quote]Artem wrote: Listen to Tell the Truth; that shit’s retarded.

Also, the dude is just fucking angry all the time; it’s annoying.[/quote]

The lyrics I quoted were from “Tell the Truth.” If you knew anything, you’d have recognized those lyrics

So you can STFU now, since it’s obvious you don’t know what you’re talking about.

[quote]Artem wrote:
He’s a great rapper, very talented, but people need to stop yelling how real and deep he is. A lot of his songs are about some real issues, but most of his shit’s about government conspiracy. Seriously, that’s not deep. His pure skill as an MC can’t be argued, though.

And guys, we will never agree on who is the most skilled MC and whatnot; stop arguing. We have this thread every few weeks.[/quote]

Actually I didn’t want this to turn into a “who’s the best MC” thread. But I figured I could get other’s opinions and favorite rappers to add to my repertoire.

Artem wrote: Listen to Tell the Truth; that shit’s retarded.

Also, the dude is just fucking angry all the time; it’s annoying.

The lyrics I quoted were from “Tell the Truth.” If you knew anything, you’d have recognized those lyrics

So you can STFU now, since it’s obvious you don’t know what you’re talking about.[/quote]

I know nothing because I didn’t recognize the lyrics of an artist I don’t listen to often. Your logic is flawless.

The dude’s angry on every song because he’s usually talking about some unjust facet of the world, it’s ironic that you criticize the very thing that makes his delivery so powerful.

He gets so much respect because he lives what he talks about (e.g. his involvement in G.A.M.E.), and believes what he says. Furthermore he rarely actually embraces conspiracy theories, instead espouses on subjects that are ignored or misrepresented by governments and the media. Beyond that, it’s pointless to get into a “who’s the best MC debate” (best in what sense? lyricism?

Delivery? Flow? originality? overall message?). IT is straightforward and usually has a powerful message that’s easy to follow and understand (or so I thought, seems a lot of people miss the point), unlike a lot of other critically acclaimed rappers that enshroud their meaning in slang, metaphors, similes, parables, allegories and references (the Wu are the perfect example of this).

[quote]Professor X wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:
Hes alright. Pretty mediocre as far as music goes if you ask me

I don’t like him as a person, he is a flaming cunt rag of a douche
he claims to speak of the “real” shit, but he talks about lizard people and how george bush did 9/11

might as well write club songs for fucking lunatics

Immortal wrote on his website (9/7/05 news post), “I wrote in “The Cause of Death” that Bush was not responsible directly, that he didn’t plan 9/11, but he and his [administration] definitely benefited from the end result of all those people dying.”[/quote]

still, thats like his least radical claim (even if it is a metaphorical one)

illuminati… lizard people? really?
and isn’t he the one spitting “nigga” when he’s a mexican??

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

Best slam poet I’ve ever seen.[/quote]

My God! I have to gt his cd. he is vicious with the spoken word.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
Professor X wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:

he claims to speak of the “real” shit, but he talks about lizard people and how george bush did 9/11

Immortal wrote on his website (9/7/05 news post), “I wrote in “The Cause of Death” that Bush was not responsible directly, that he didn’t plan 9/11, but he and his [administration] definitely benefited from the end result of all those people dying.”

[/quote]

Well his dad is black and his mom is from Peru, I believe. But…
Well…why does it matter what race he is?

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
Professor X wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:

Immortal wrote on his website (9/7/05 news post), “I wrote in “The Cause of Death” that Bush was not responsible directly, that he didn’t plan 9/11, but he and his [administration] definitely benefited from the end result of all those people dying.”

[/quote]

i believe his free style said " fuck Dianetics , im the whole library mixed with annukai genetics" or something to that degree.Obviously you went and looked what he said up.
To further correct your simleton remarks , he is of black and peruvian decendancy.

Shit , fat joe says the n word too …is he a mexican , may be every one is a mexican to you …and illuminati , well can you definitively proove that this or any other claim is false.
The american government definatley has alot to answer for ,not only for the constant occupation of so may countries , but for the constant denial of their real agenda and fear mongering…i pray immortal technique and the other prophets of truth who use hip hop as a medium keep opening the eyes of those who are blinded by your countries propaganda…

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
overrated as fuck

l8z

I don’t think “overrated” means what you think it means.

He’s far from popular enough to be overrated. [/quote]

not really. people always say “omg hes so ill” but i really dont feel it like that. its the same way with tupac and BIG - overrated as shit.

IT is like the guy that one person in every group knows about and because no one else knows him and he’s so different from the RADIO everyone assumes ZOMG HES THE BEST when he’s really just not really my thing.

he’s an underground nerd rap emcee. i think Lupe Fiasco shits on him in terms of word play, but because Lupe Fiasco can make a top 40 song no one will ever agree because he goes over all the mainstream people’s heads and everyone underground thinks he’s too mainstream to deserve recognition and underground heads have a tendency to try and find the most super-fucking underground shit ever and say THATS their favorite emcee just cause it’s so super-fucking underground.

[quote]dza1978 wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:
Professor X wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:

i believe his free style said " fuck Dianetics , im the whole library mixed with annukai genetics" or something to that degree.Obviously you went and looked what he said up.
To further correct your simleton remarks , he is of black and peruvian decendancy.
Shit , fat joe says the n word too …is he a mexican , may be every one is a mexican to you …and illuminati , well can you definitively proove that this or any other claim is false.
The american government definatley has alot to answer for ,not only for the constant occupation of so may countries , but for the constant denial of their real agenda and fear mongering…i pray immortal technique and the other prophets of truth who use hip hop as a medium keep opening the eyes of those who are blinded by your countries propaganda…[/quote]

nice points.

but for the record Mexicans are allowed to say nigga

For the record, thats fucking retarded
secondly, I do listen to Immortal Technique, and have for much longer than probably the most of you (before revolutionary)

so I didn’t just “look it up” I actually know for a fact he talks about an ‘elite group of lizard men ruling the world’

His politics are retarded, and he claims that people who disagree with him are out of the loop, and are many expletives etc.

for the record, freedom of speech is one of my all time favorite songs

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
secondly, I do listen to Immortal Technique, and have for much longer than probably the most of you (before revolutionary)

so I didn’t just “look it up” I actually know for a fact he talks about an ‘elite group of lizard men ruling the world’

His politics are retarded, and he claims that people who disagree with him are out of the loop, and are many expletives etc.

for the record, freedom of speech is one of my all time favorite songs[/quote]

how do you know lizard men dont control the world?

wait! rofl lizard men lmfao fucking lizard men

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:

[/quote]

“No nigga, you’re moms pussy is allright. I’m the mothafuckin immortal Technique bitch.”

Thats a direct quote in response to that statement.

I’ll tell you why Immortals the best in the rap biz. For starters, he has the best lyrical schemes of any performer in the hip hop industry, popular guys like Florida or Akon aren’t even on the same level.

He also refuses to rap about money/cars/bitch’s/dumb shit that has become appallingly common today. Instead he talks about issues like poverty and racial issues in America/abroad.

Immortal refuses t be a corporate pawn. Rappers like Florida are a dime a dozen, and they have zero creative influence on their music because their producer runs the show.

He fucking says whatever the fuck he wants to say wether you like it or not! If anything, hes just trying to promote awareness and discussion.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:

for the record, freedom of speech is one of my all time favorite songs

how do you know lizard men dont control the world?

wait! rofl lizard men lmfao fucking lizard men

[/quote]

Surely as an Immortal you’d be a little more open minded =P

J/k idk about the whole Lizard thing.