Immigration Enforcement?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070821/D8R54ANO0.html

I thought this article was very disturbing. I am no fan of people being here illegally. With that said, this deportation is wrong in 1000 ways.
I work in a jail in New Jersey and the problem I have here is the number of illegals I see let go. They committ a crime, have no social security number, have an ICE detainer and still are released because they made bail and immigration officials don’t want to be bothered. We have around 100 illegal mexican VIOLENT offenders that will NOT be deported. Tell me how this happens, it really is dispicable.

Operation Wetback?

[quote]snipeout wrote:

I thought this article was very disturbing. I am no fan of people being here illegally. With that said, this deportation is wrong in 1000 ways.[/quote]

How is this wrong? She was here illegally, and stole someone’s ss#, she’s a criminal she got got, bye bye. The problem is the poor kid who’s going to be paraded in front of people so that they can win sympathy. Why does this woman get rewarded because she could open her legs?

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
How is this wrong? She was here illegally, and stole someone’s ss#, she’s a criminal she got got, bye bye. The problem is the poor kid who’s going to be paraded in front of people so that they can win sympathy. Why does this woman get rewarded because she could open her legs?[/quote]

Another take is that they went after her because she went public and made the immigration folks look bad.

The application of resources to VISIBLE cases instead of important cases, or simply at all, makes one wonder what, if any, priorities are really being pursued.

Perhaps it is a funding issue?

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
snipeout wrote:

I thought this article was very disturbing. I am no fan of people being here illegally. With that said, this deportation is wrong in 1000 ways.

How is this wrong? She was here illegally, and stole someone’s ss#, she’s a criminal she got got, bye bye. The problem is the poor kid who’s going to be paraded in front of people so that they can win sympathy. Why does this woman get rewarded because she could open her legs?[/quote]

Ahh…the down fall of many has come as the result of open legs. Punish the people who give jobs to illegals. Make an example out of them, shut down and take away their business and the illegals will leave. No trabajo, no vivo aqui. If they don’t have jobs to come to, they won’t come. It’s so simple, yet we make it sooo fucking complicate. If you want to fuck something up, throw government at it.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
snipeout wrote:

How is this wrong? She was here illegally, and stole someone’s ss#, she’s a criminal she got got, bye bye. The problem is the poor kid who’s going to be paraded in front of people so that they can win sympathy. Why does this woman get rewarded because she could open her legs?

Ahh…the down fall of many has come as the result of open legs. Punish the people who give jobs to illegals. Make an example out of them, shut down and take away their business and the illegals will leave. No trabajo, no vivo aqui. If they don’t have jobs to come to, they won’t come. It’s so simple, yet we make it sooo fucking complicate. If you want to fuck something up, throw government at it.[/quote]

I believe that harsher punishment for people who hire illegal aliens, get the people out of here who overstay their visa’s amd border enforcement are what’s needed. I noticed my i wonderful Gov, Devil Patrick, has now signed a bill where prison gaurds will be able to deport criminals who are here illegally, a good start from someone who wanted to create an anchor city with driver’s licenses for the illegal’s.

I beleive that our government is finally getting the message that we want more secire borders and less ilegal aliens

I’m curious. For those who are American citizens, old enough to vote, and will participate in the process, how high do you rank immigration reform on your personal agenda?

If you rank it top three, what would YOU support as far as reform?

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
I’m curious. For those who are American citizens, old enough to vote, and will participate in the process, how high do you rank immigration reform on your personal agenda?

JeffR[/quote]

I think about more and more - it is fairly high on my list.

Reform?

Hmmm -

1. Better border enforcement (I am not very big on a fixed fence, mainly because I don’t think it would do the job)

2. Fees and new kinds of financial penalties on those that hire illegal aliens. In addition to fines and so forth, employers caught would have to pay the amount they would have paid to a legal employee during the duration of the work into a trust fund going toward their employee’s pension fund or somesuch.

Employers would have to meet the difference in “backpay” that they have been enjoying not paying by way of employing illegal aliens. Just an idea to stop the economic incentives of hiring illegal aliens.

[quote]JeffR wrote:

JeffR[/quote]

I rank it among the more important issues from a financial perspective. It also poses some security risk. If we look at immigration control as a defensive measure it could be handled by the US Military.

They have all the resources they need to stop it provided they aren’t fighting illegal wars in other countries. Open borders are an ideal but not when we’re trying to keep violent people out.

I also think that we need to make the process to become a citizen easier and not so convoluted. I think that would give a good incentive to immigrants to follow the law.

If I knew I could get a green-card to work for a couple of years to allow the citizenship process to happen I would be less likely to hide out. These people are not criminals. Many are just looking out for their self-interests and I cannot find fault with that; however, the line is long and we only want the best, brightest, and hardest working. Some people will lose out in this regard.

Immigration makes this country a better place to live because it keeps society changing.

I rank it fairly high. I believe tightening punishment on those that hire illegals is a step in the right direction. I think on an even a fair level that all illegals should be deported immediately(with in reason), I am not just saying mexican illegals, but all illegals.

I did miss the part of the article I posted(bonehead) where it said she stole an identity. With regards to that I see it all the time and the same offender comes back to my jail 17 or 18 times with out being deported. I think as VROOM alluded to it’s a case of her publicly raising issues.