Imbalance or Normal Skeletal Structure?

Hey there folks!

I’ve been battling a seemingly rare or unnoticed facet of my physique for some time. The battle has been mostly mental, I never took the initiative to research my concern.

I am not sure if my skeletal structure has caused this “imbalance” or if, indeed, it is normal and nothing to worry about.

In any case, I don’t like the way my hamstrings look, so if there is no biological necessary for change, I would still like to change it, if possible =)

So what the heck am I talking about?

My semitendinosus is huge, relative to my bicep femoris.

So my camera is busted but the pic I posted seems to nail it. If I were to flex my legs, it would look similar to the picture I have posted (in structure, not mass). My inner legs would jut out (you notice that the semi-t is thin but it is bigger than any other part of the back of the leg) but the outer parts would remain almost the same (notice how the back of the leg begins angling inwards after the semi-t, a signal of a weak bicep femoris? Not sure).

To make things simple, how would you turn the legs of the person above into something like this: http://www.T-Nation.com/img/photos/07-132-training/image001.png

Thank you all… :wink:

My outer quad/ITB, I think, also, is weak, but the insides of my legs are much stronger.

List what exercises you do for hams (actually just go ahead and list your whole leg routine). A vid of you walking, shot from the front or rear, would help as well.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
List what exercises you do for hams (actually just go ahead and list your whole leg routine). A vid of you walking, shot from the front or rear, would help as well.[/quote]
Yep, this info would be pretty useful.

Also, what’s your height, weight, and general fat level (not percentage, but chubby, normal/smooth, kinda lean, ripped, etc.)?

What’s your current best squat, deadlift, stiff leg or Romanian deadlift, row, bench press, and overhead press?

You do realize that you posted a picture of a skinny woman’s legs, said that’s about where you are, and then you posted a pic of a muscular guy’s legs. That tells us nothing at all. We need these questions answered to get a better handle on the situation.

In general and without knowing anything so far, I’m going to take a leap and say that you absolutely do not need to stress over one section of the hamstrings being more developed than another. You’re going to “even out” as you progress normally. Unless it’s negatively effecting your movement patterns, forget about it and focus on increasing your squat, deadlift, stiff-leg/Romanian dead, and add total body muscle mass.