T Nation

Imbalance in My Pecs?

Come on guys, this was posted in the BEGINNERS forum, not the bodybuilding forum or RMP (unless it was moved), so let’s show some support instead of making fun of him. Or at least post a useful comment for him after your clever joke.

Don’t worry about any imbalances kid, just start lifting and check back in a couple of months.

Yeah,

Start lifting, then worry about it if it’s still a problem. It won’t be a problem for you, it’s just your dominant side. Work your body as a whole first as you start off, there’s no point isolating different muscles and getting all worked up about it while you’re still starting.

I lol’d, but then, I checked out my man bobbies and died a little inside.

[quote]HerbertNL wrote:
Come on guys, this was posted in the BEGINNERS forum, not the bodybuilding forum or RMP (unless it was moved), so let’s show some support instead of making fun of him. Or at least post a useful comment for him after your clever joke.

Don’t worry about any imbalances kid, just start lifting and check back in a couple of months. [/quote]

show some support? lol last i checked this was t.nation, not ‘hey lemme powder your ass and tell you what a special fucking snowflake you are.nation’

this kid can’t be serious. no ones ripping him a new a.hole, but what else did he honestly expect?

[quote]HerbertNL wrote:

Don’t worry about any imbalances kid, just start lifting and check back in a couple of months. [/quote]

This kid is obviously fucking with people. It’s really obvious.

Don’t you need pecs to have an in balance in them?

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
This kid is obviously fucking with people. It’s really obvious.[/quote]

I don’t think so because he would have gotten better reactions posting it in the bodybuilding forum. Some people just worry about things we couldn’t imagine ever worrying about.

Regardless, I don’t mind spending 1 minute of my time answering a simple question in the beginner forum and if he was in fact messing around then I hope he got a good laugh out of it. I’d rather help someone with the risk of it being a joke than assuming it’s a joke with the risk of not helping someone that was serious.

Again, it’s the beginners forum - it should be treated with somewhat of a different attitude than bodybuilding or RMP imo.

75% of me wants to x4 HM (and I will…hahahahaa)

The other 25% of me says that since he posted in beginners and since the internet can lead to search/analysis overload where people just start to create fictional problems I’ll say, “Lift hard, clean up the diet, lose some of that fat and forgetaboutit.”

Did I accidentally click on the figure model section? I see boobies, not pecs. If you’re not joking around then I appologize. Build some pecs, then become concerned with your imbalances. Size then shape.

[quote]verdant wrote:
It probably has to do with the fact that it is your non-dominant hand. I wouldn’t worry, I and many others have the same thing.[/quote]

This.

People normally carry “stuff” (books, bags, etc.) on their non-dominant side; completely normal to have a size/strength discrepancy- when you get into training, it’ll balance.