Imagining the Post Apocalypse/Zombies

I’m taking over a taco bell, plenty of chicken, beef, steak, rice, and roof access to use the sniper rifle I’ll somehow find during the pending zombie onslaught.

I’ll probably just sit in the corner in my power armor and cry

[quote]Therizza wrote:
that’s why I got a mustang, and alot of guns. so when the world ends and its Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and we’re fighting the zombie hordes I’ll be a cool kid like Mel Gibson.[/quote]

When you get stuck in the snow of a nuclear winter or need to go offroad, I’ll laugh at you from my bad ass lifted 4x4.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
BetaBerry wrote:
D Public wrote:
That’s pretty much the main reason I train…

for the zombie apocalypse…

I decided I need to be able to do pull ups because people always end up hanging by the arms and need to get up before falling off a cliff/building or being dragged down by brain eating zombies/gooey creatures.

Pullups are the way to go for sure, but make sure you can do one armed pullups while blasting zombie heads open. That’s what separates survivors from future zombies.[/quote]

Good point. Fuck, I’m doomed.

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
But I’m gonna go put on my metal armor, combat boots, grab my pulse rifle and take out some super mutants… After work.

There’s no metal armor or pulse rifle in F3 n00b.
Experimental MRV ftw!!1

Edit: Shit, I just remembered there is metal armor in F3. Now I feel like a noob =X

FAIL!

Sorry, Plasma Rifle. That’s what I meant, and the metal armor is the best because… it’s so metal looking. With all those spikes everywhere, my guy’s crazy facial hair and warhawk… He’s awesome.

I really wish they had incorporated the pulse rifle. I loved that gun.
And I mean, not like they did with the plasma rifle. What’s this compact shit? I wanna melt people to green pools of goo firing a gun bigger than me from the hip![/quote]

I dunno about you, but I like the smaller guns. The big guns are just too slow, the plasma laser was the most awesome gun in that game. Except for the Firelance (alien gun). That thing blew out death claws in one shot. Awesome.

[quote]Yosh wrote:
Therizza wrote:
that’s why I got a mustang, and alot of guns. so when the world ends and its Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and we’re fighting the zombie hordes I’ll be a cool kid like Mel Gibson.

When you get stuck in the snow of a nuclear winter or need to go offroad, I’ll laugh at you from my bad ass lifted 4x4. [/quote]

BUT THIS IS BARTER TOWN~! anyone? anyone?

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
But I’m gonna go put on my metal armor, combat boots, grab my pulse rifle and take out some super mutants… After work.

Experimental MRV ftw!!1

Edit: Shit, I just remembered there is metal armor in F3. Now I feel like a noob =X

FAIL!

Sorry, Plasma Rifle. That’s what I meant, and the metal armor is the best because… it’s so metal looking. With all those spikes everywhere, my guy’s crazy facial hair and warhawk… He’s awesome.

And I mean, not like they did with the plasma rifle. What’s this compact shit? I wanna melt people to green pools of goo firing a gun bigger than me from the hip!

I dunno about you, but I like the smaller guns. The big guns are just too slow, the plasma laser was the most awesome gun in that game. Except for the Firelance (alien gun). That thing blew out death claws in one shot. Awesome.[/quote]

Man, I got so lucky. I found the Firelance about five minutes after leaving the Vault in the parking lot of the Super Duper Mart. Fighting my way to Galaxy News Radio has never been so easy!

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:

Experimental MRV ftw!!1

FAIL!

And I mean, not like they did with the plasma rifle. What’s this compact shit? I wanna melt people to green pools of goo firing a gun bigger than me from the hip!

I dunno about you, but I like the smaller guns. The big guns are just too slow, the plasma laser was the most awesome gun in that game. Except for the Firelance (alien gun). That thing blew out death claws in one shot. Awesome.

Man, I got so lucky. I found the Firelance about five minutes after leaving the Vault in the parking lot of the Super Duper Mart. Fighting my way to Galaxy News Radio has never been so easy![/quote]

Hahah nice, it’s a wicked weapon, looks awesome, sounds cool, vapourizes everything you point it at. Problem is, limited ammo. I save it for the death claws, who even at level 20 can easily tear my character apart.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:

Experimental MRV ftw!!1

FAIL!

Man, I got so lucky. I found the Firelance about five minutes after leaving the Vault in the parking lot of the Super Duper Mart. Fighting my way to Galaxy News Radio has never been so easy!

Hahah nice, it’s a wicked weapon, looks awesome, sounds cool, vapourizes everything you point it at. Problem is, limited ammo. I save it for the death claws, who even at level 20 can easily tear my character apart.[/quote]

Yea I only used it to kill Super Mutants with miniguns early on.
Now I let Fawkes soak up all the gunfire/deathclaws etc… :slight_smile:
I wish they would remove the damn level cap, I stopped playing because I can’t progress any more…

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:

I wish they would remove the damn level cap, I stopped playing because I can’t progress any more…[/quote]

One of the DLCs coming out is going to raise the level cap to 30. There are a whole slew of them coming out. Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steele, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. Should be interesting, I’m mega psyched. There are also rumours of an MMORPG Fallout game, that wold be probably the only game I would pay to play.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I know I’ve been preparing … I’ve read the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z … those zombies ain’t got shit on me![/quote]

same…

I have my bolt action rifle, bicycle, crowbar, and plan to rob a walmart at the first sign of an attack…

now just to find a place in rural northern canada to live zombie free…

sniper rifle not included.

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
polo77j wrote:
I know I’ve been preparing … I’ve read the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z … those zombies ain’t got shit on me!

same…

I have my bolt action rifle, bicycle, crowbar, and plan to rob a walmart at the first sign of an attack…

now just to find a place in rural northern canada to live zombie free…

sniper rifle not included.[/quote]

Lucky Americans, we don’t have such access to weapons like you guys do. All I got is a crowbar, and I broke my bike because I was too heavy for it. Sunuvabitch!

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:

I wish they would remove the damn level cap, I stopped playing because I can’t progress any more…

One of the DLCs coming out is going to raise the level cap to 30. There are a whole slew of them coming out. Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steele, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. Should be interesting, I’m mega psyched. There are also rumours of an MMORPG Fallout game, that wold be probably the only game I would pay to play.[/quote]

Hmmmm I played Anchorage, that was pretty fun. The Gauss Rifle rocks.
Mothership Zeta sounds VERY interesting!

Now, when the level cap is upped, will we get all the experience we’ve accrued since 20 or do we have to start all over?

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:

One of the DLCs coming out is going to raise the level cap to 30. There are a whole slew of them coming out. Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steele, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. Should be interesting, I’m mega psyched. There are also rumours of an MMORPG Fallout game, that wold be probably the only game I would pay to play.

Hmmmm I played Anchorage, that was pretty fun. The Gauss Rifle rocks.
Mothership Zeta sounds VERY interesting!

Now, when the level cap is upped, will we get all the experience we’ve accrued since 20 or do we have to start all over?[/quote]

All of them can be accessed by a radio distress signal like OA, except one of them which will take place 2 weeks after you finish the main campaign in Fallout 3, when you wake up in some infirmary or something. That is the one where I believe the level cap gets raised and you just continue on from where you were.

Gotta get new xp when you get Broken Steel. If you don’t get anything else get that one.

BS> Pitt> Op Anch

I have about 5 or 6 websited on my favorites list about surviving the apocalypse, one of them being a list of items to pack up to have an apocalypse survival backpack ready to go. I already have some of the stuff, and plan on getting whatever else that I need as funds permit.

And the perforator is a great gun in FO3, if anyone’s used that yet.