I'm Using This Weight

Great story Nards.

Personally I feel pretty pissed when somone fucks with a bar I’m using even if just my stuff is there. I also feel pretty pissed when somone interrupts me midset.

I don’t scream "fuck off cunt or anything but so find that shit puzzling and annoying.

[quote]destroyedquads wrote:
Has anyone here ever experienced any shit like this?[/quote]

I was doing rack-pulls in the Smith one evening, and some guy got confused and pulled a 25lb plate OFF MY BAR.

He immediately put it back and looked hugely embarrassed.

I laughed.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
She was punking you for being a pre-delt-massacre-psych-up douche.

Knock that shit off and handle your business.

[/quote]

[quote]Mackk wrote:
2. She made this mistake, realizing it shortly after, and didn’t apologize as was intimidated by your head slapping, metallica induced oh-so-intense smith machine shoulder presses [/quote]

So now I am not allowed to get intense for a heavy set?

My gym isn’t exactly soccer mom friendly or a ‘Fitness Club’, so the music they play there is suitable enough that I don’t have to bring an iPod with me. I also rarely make any noise when I lift… yet I am labelled as a ‘psych-up douche’ and ‘head slapping, oh-so-intense-whatever-thefuck’.

Why the fuck is taking a workout seriously an offense?

Excuse me for not going through the motions during a workout. Next time I’ll make sure to bring my grandma along to spot for me.

I’m convinced people just do Dumb shit.(PERIOD) No need for further explanation. Really.

when you see shit like this. Just either ignore it, give her a lesson on how she could have made you hurt yourself or some other BS to just maker her aware.

How do I know people are in there own world when they enter a gym. The commercial gym I go to has the ONLY squat rack next to a pulldown station and people will do a set then lay down and do sit ups or crunches. The problem is they will do it right next to the squat rack. Not a problem but you would think people would move to another place when we are squating.

This isnt’ about being polite this is just self preservation on there part. I’m backing up with 5-6 plates on each side and you lay down right under one side of the weight and start doing crunches??? Do you have that much faith in my superhuman man power??? Or are you just not thinking?

Nothing you can do, man live with it an move on. I said something to one guy he gave me the “when I grow up I’m going to show you face” an moved on. But 3 weeks later another set of women did the exact same thing he did. Ehh. call them bumper plates and move on.

Dumb people will be dumb. Just the way of the world.

Last week I put my logbook on the lat pulldown seat, went to get a drink (average of 30 seconds) and there’s someone holding my logbook, who then puts it on the ground, and sits down. I walked up and informed him that was my logbook and I was using that piece of equipment, and he left. Problem solved.

I had a guy do this to me while I was about to do HS presses. I cussed him out because he did it right before I started the set and I didn’t notice until I tried pressing the weight…which could have caused an injury.

He thought it was a weight tree…which to me is just dumb as all hell because if you can’t tell what the weight trees are in a gym, you don’t need to be grabbing more weights.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]Mackk wrote:
2. She made this mistake, realizing it shortly after, and didn’t apologize as was intimidated by your head slapping, metallica induced oh-so-intense smith machine shoulder presses [/quote]

My gym isn’t exactly soccer mom friendly or a ‘Fitness Club’, so the music they play there is suitable enough that I don’t have to bring an iPod with me. I also rarely make any noise when I lift… yet I am labelled as a ‘psych-up douche’ and ‘head slapping, oh-so-intense-whatever-thefuck’.

Excuse me for not going through the motions during a workout. Next time I’ll make sure to bring my grandma along to spot for me.
[/quote]

You’re excused. Pics with granny in the gym are forthcoming I assume.

I’ve heard about people using your equipment when you are off to refill your waterbottle, but I have never heard about this kind ignorance. I swear it’s getting harder and harder to even get in a fucking workout nowadays. /end rant.

Has anyone here ever experienced any shit like this?[/quote]

You have the right to feel upset. I don’t know where you train but if it’s like the commercial, globo gym where I usually train, any number of shitty things can happen. I’ve never had people remove weights that I’m obviously using before though. My biggest concern would be injury to you as a result of not estimating a lift properly (through no fault of your own).

[quote]lock_solid wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:
I could definitely see that happening. One time I was doing standing calf raises, threw my log and towel on it, went to the drinking fountain 20 feet away and some chick was using it with my shit on there. [/quote]

You shit on the calf raise? [/quote]

You worked with the same weight as some chick?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I had a guy do this to me while I was about to do HS presses. I cussed him out because he did it right before I started the set and I didn’t notice until I tried pressing the weight…which could have caused an injury.

He thought it was a weight tree…which to me is just dumb as all hell because if you can’t tell what the weight trees are in a gym, you don’t need to be grabbing more weights.[/quote]

I had a thought two nights ago while training - I thought being bigger or one of bigger guys in the gym eventually meant people knew not to mess around with your weights or interrupt between sets (meaning to say, they steered clear) - but it looks like some dickhead is always lurking around to create material for a squat rack thread.

[quote]biglifter wrote:
How to react based on appearance:

Hot - Ask her out, have a good laugh about it over drinks. PIIHP later and exact your revenge.

Fugly - As she’s working on machine, take plate off mid-rep. Wait for her to finish set, then beat her down with the aforementioned removed plate.

[/quote]

This is pure Gold! I approve.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

He thought it was a weight tree…which to me is just dumb as all hell because if you can’t tell what the weight trees are in a gym, you don’t need to be grabbing more weights.[/quote]

I had a thought two nights ago while training - I thought being bigger or one of bigger guys in the gym eventually meant people knew not to mess around with your weights or interrupt between sets (meaning to say, they steered clear) - but it looks like some dickhead is always lurking around to create material for a squat rack thread.[/quote]

In general, I have few problems…but this one gym I used to go to (not anymore) seemed to ONLY be filled with people who are in the gym for the first time. Some of these guys had true attitude problems as if they were pissed off that I was not like them.

One of them sat on the machine I was waiting to use for nearly 30min all because I asked how many sets he had left. I had time to do my whole routine as this jackass would do ONE TEN POUND PLATE on each side for 50 reps and then look around to see if I was still there and then sit back down to take up more time.

In 30 min this guy never added more weight and never had any sort of strain on his face. He was simply trying to teach me a lesson apparently about how he controls the weights.

He finally got up when I got pissed and told him he didn’t own the fucking machine and that if he didn’t allow anyone else to use it I was going for management.

It is never the experienced people who do shit like this. It is ALWAYS the little fuckers who are trying to make everyone notice they exist.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]Mackk wrote:

[/quote]

You’re excused. Pics with granny in the gym are forthcoming I assume.
[/quote]

LOL I’ll let her know.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

It is never the experienced people who do shit like this. It is ALWAYS the little fuckers who are trying to make everyone notice they exist.[/quote]

This…

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]Mackk wrote:

[/quote]

You have to understand though, that this women, who is most likely a newcomer to the gym world, already has the muscle meat-head stigma about bigger guys from a hundred different movies, shows etc. If you are a reasonably well built gym-goer you’re already under a microscope in most commercial gyms, hence, you must understand that if you go around getting all worked up and jumping around then you become the manifestation of meat-head-man and probably intimidated her.

P.S. use free weights…they’re better.

One of them sat on the machine I was waiting to use for nearly 30min all because I asked how many sets he had left. I had time to do my whole routine as this jackass would do ONE TEN POUND PLATE on each side for 50 reps and then look around to see if I was still there and then sit back down to take up more time.

It is never the experienced people who do shit like this. It is ALWAYS the little fuckers who are trying to make everyone notice they exist.[/quote]

On that first scenario - that’s just mean.

On the second statement - I guess it’s just boils down to respect and attitude. And as for those fuckers, we hope they eventually quit lifting and pick up some other recreation out of the gym…please :slight_smile:

I remember one time I thought I had 2 plates on each side of the smith but one side had 1 plate.

^^^This

I was doing bench presses at my gym and some older lady put a 45lb plate on the bar instead of putting it back on the pins on the bench. I managed to lift it off the pins, do a rep, shout “What the Fuck??!” and then have her come over and profusely apologize.

What Prof X said applies to a lot of different aspects in life. If you don’t know what it is, leave it the fuck alone.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Akin to this is the time I saw a woman at the gym go to the hack squat, there were NO plates on the sled, but I recall 3 45s on the pins on either side ready for anyone who wanted to use them.(The pins can be seen on the pic if your gym’s hack machine is different)
Well she got and and did one rep (with no plates on the sled mind you) then got off and removed a 45…I thought Wow! she’s not happy with just the sled and is going to move up to a 45 per side! Nice! but she proceeded to put that 45 away and another one from the other side onto a weight tree nearby.
She then did another single (of course still no weight on the sled) then got off and put away the next 45 on either side of the hack onto that weight tree…then she did one more rep and then put the last 2 45s away. Then did one more rep.

Silly lady thought she was doing all those 45s each time but it was always the sled only!!![/quote]

LOL, that is a contender for the best gym story of the year. Hahaha, and you stood there and got a live performance!

[quote]four60 wrote:
I’m convinced people just do Dumb shit.(PERIOD) No need for further explanation. Really.

when you see shit like this. Just either ignore it, give her a lesson on how she could have made you hurt yourself or some other BS to just maker her aware.

How do I know people are in there own world when they enter a gym. The commercial gym I go to has the ONLY squat rack next to a pulldown station and people will do a set then lay down and do sit ups or crunches. The problem is they will do it right next to the squat rack. Not a problem but you would think people would move to another place when we are squating.

This isnt’ about being polite this is just self preservation on there part. I’m backing up with 5-6 plates on each side and you lay down right under one side of the weight and start doing crunches??? Do you have that much faith in my superhuman man power??? Or are you just not thinking?

Nothing you can do, man live with it an move on. I said something to one guy he gave me the “when I grow up I’m going to show you face” an moved on. But 3 weeks later another set of women did the exact same thing he did. Ehh. call them bumper plates and move on.[/quote]

Hahaha, yeah, I’ve got this problem too. I’ve taken to “setting up” the area around me with an extra bench or a few heavy-ish DBs. I just put DBs next to the squat rack where dumb-asses walk.

Also, my gym has a small free-weight section. But whoever designed it doesn’t know anything and put the DB rack next to the squat rack with a damn bench in-between. It’s placed so that you can’t use the bench and the squat rack at the same time. Also, if someone is using the bench no one else can get at the DBs. Well, the thing has wheels, so every day I move it away (there’s not a lot of room…but there is safer/better places). Every day when I come back it has been returned to its “correct” spot blocking both the squat rack and DB rack.