I'm Tired of Fundys

Who’s with me here? I’m tired of people telling me I’m going to burn in hell for not believing in their god… as if they know.

I have never understood how people can say something is true (in regards to religion) without any doubt of what they’re saying. I’m an agnostic for a reason. I have no reason to follow any particular faith.

[quote]best regards1 wrote:
Who’s with me here? I’m tired of people telling me I’m going to burn in hell for not believing in their god… as if they know.

I have never understood how people can say something is true (in regards to religion) without any doubt of what they’re saying. I’m an agnostic for a reason. I have no reason to follow any particular faith.[/quote]

There’s a special place in hell reserved for people like you.

I have never understood how people can say something is true (in regards to religion) without any doubt of what they’re saying. I’m an agnostic for a reason. I have no reason to follow any particular faith.[/quote]

Go to hell hippy! Sorry, had to.

Use the search function. Weve been through this. Please dont resurrect it.

What’s your reasons for being Agnostic? I’m intrested. My professors really have made alot of students who happen to be Christian or Catholic, Question their faith. I believe it to be a tool, a box to blind you from truth.

Well, first off: Who gives a shit what you’re tired of. You sound like a prick-asshole who’s looking for things to be pissed off about.

Now. That said, I’m a conservative. I’m also not religous. At all. Don’t go to church. Don’t read the bible. Don’t watch ‘Touched By An Angel’ re-runs. Haven’t read ‘Left Behind’.

Being a conservative, you’d think I’m around a lot more ‘Fundys’ than you are. They are in my peer group, right? You are, after all, an agnostic (for a reason). So you are probably surrounded by friends, etc. who think much the same way that you do.

Yet I am not bothered by these zelot ‘Fundys’ at all. No one tries to convert me. No one tries to pull me into church. No one shoves their beliefs down my throught. I think people like you are looking for that shit. You WANT that to be true because it makes you think that you are right and they are wrong. You are open-minded, they are not.

Of course, I don’t go out of my way to tell people what I believe, or more accurately: Do not believe. I’m not even sure I believe in God. But I also do not spend time telling other people that believe in God that they should not do so. I don’t ridicule what other’s believe.

Most people - like you - that get a lot shit about being agnostic are usually out picking fights about religion. For me, because I don’t bring it up. It rarely comes up. When it does, I am polite. I listen. I don’t criticize. I move on. Religion is not something to debate because you can’t win.

So shut the fuck up.

I can’t blame you for that. There is a much softer, Christlike side to Christianity that gets overlooked too often.

But just like you’re tired of thhe the “burn in hell” crowd, I’m tired of the “burn-in-a-towering-inferno-after we-crash-an-airplane-into-it-crowd”.

Research on Grace and Faith. Realize you are an insignificant speck of dust on the dirt mound of time. We really don’t need another thread for this. No one cares about your reasons for the way you are cause all it does on this site is stir up shit.

If you really want to have an intelligent opinion I suggest you read the Bible, go to a church a few times, maybe even pray about it. Then you can do whatever research you want to do on the other side of the fence. Keep an open mind both ways.

You’ll also find your blood pressure a lot lower if just let it go and concentrate on bettering yourself and let the small stuff go. I get told a million things a day I don’t agree with. Let it go.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
Well, first off: Who gives a shit what you’re tired of. You sound like a prick-asshole who’s looking for things to be pissed off about.[/quote]

Pot meet kettle.

[quote]pwilliams wrote:
best regards1 wrote:

I have never understood how people can say something is true (in regards to religion) without any doubt of what they’re saying. I’m an agnostic for a reason. I have no reason to follow any particular faith.

I can’t blame you for that. There is a much softer, Christlike side to Christianity that gets overlooked too often.

But just like you’re tired of thhe the “burn in hell” crowd, I’m tired of the “burn-in-a-towering-inferno-after we-crash-an-airplane-into-it-crowd”.[/quote]

How about the you are going to be attacked unless you vote like me crowd.

They are all pathetic.

If you need to use fear to motivate they you are a loser.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
Well, first off: Who gives a shit what you’re tired of. You sound like a prick-asshole who’s looking for things to be pissed off about.

Pot meet kettle.

[/quote]

That’s how comes I can spots 'em so easy.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:

Pot meet kettle.[/quote]

Amen.

Kind of like being pissed off about the U.S. White Trash Nation.

[quote]lovehunter wrote:

Hack Wilson wrote:

Kind of like being pissed off about the U.S. White Trash Nation.

[/quote]

Hey. That’s a serious problem. Glad you idiots are still talking about it. It’s kind of like my own, personal ‘Communist Manifesto’. It’s my ‘Citizen Cane’, if you will.

‘Rose…buuuuuuuuuuuuuud.’