I'm Talking Big Z and Rob Wilkerson Strong

So, you dont wanna juice, and it seems you have no interest in handling weights that heavy. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that, and Im not gonna tell you this sport isnt for you, but something to think about.

I want to lift heavy obviously…I’m just saying the thought of bones flexing and snapping sounds gross to me I’ve always had a squeamish feeling toward body parts making odd noises lol I get grossed out when my elbows crack all the time

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
I want to lift heavy obviously…I’m just saying the thought of bones flexing and snapping sounds gross to me I’ve always had a squeamish feeling toward body parts making odd noises lol I get grossed out when my elbows crack all the time[/quote]

Grow some balls in the next few years or just give up wanting to “lift heavy” either you wanna be the best you can be and do WHATEVER it takes or your just another Guy who “Lifts Heavy”

Now I’m busting your balls.

I can see… I got plenty of time to “grow some balls” and lift heavy. Too bad it takes so damn long to get stronger but I got time

It really doesn’t man your 16 these next few years your going to make amazing gains if you honestly dedicate your self to it. Steroids are not the be all end all yes 90% of people will have to use them to be someone in the strength game. The only reason I was giving you a hard time was just because you were masking it to easy lol. Just keep moving forward and do the best you can. If the best you can is not enough to get you where you want then make the jump if its worth it.

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

What people seldom think about, is that injectable testosterone lowers collagen synthesis by over 50%, this is not good for the joints at all. As well, your tendons do not recover as fast as your muscles, add steroids into the mix and your muscles are now strong as hell, with weak tendons and ligaments. Many a powerlifting career has been ended by steroids.

[/quote]

I don’t think this is quite accurate, all the sources i could find point to increased collagen synthesis, your muscles also contain a large component of collagen. Winstrol is known to cause tendon problems but not because of reduced collagen synthesis (in fact it is increased) but due to the impaired cross linking. The method by which the roidz work is lowering inflammation and speeding up recovery (amongst other things) which i suspect leads to a less oxidizing environment. The sulphur cross linking is dependent on an oxidate environment in order to form.

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

What people seldom think about, is that injectable testosterone lowers collagen synthesis by over 50%, this is not good for the joints at all. As well, your tendons do not recover as fast as your muscles, add steroids into the mix and your muscles are now strong as hell, with weak tendons and ligaments. Many a powerlifting career has been ended by steroids.

[/quote]

I don’t think this is quite accurate, all the sources i could find point to increased collagen synthesis, your muscles also contain a large component of collagen. Winstrol is known to cause tendon problems but not because of reduced collagen synthesis (in fact it is increased) but due to the impaired cross linking. The method by which the roidz work is lowering inflammation and speeding up recovery (amongst other things) which i suspect leads to a less oxidizing environment. The sulphur cross linking is dependent on an oxidate environment in order to form.[/quote]

Injectable testosterone definitely does this, there are others like Deca and GH that improve collagen synthesis by around 300%, winstrol also improves collagen synthesis, but due to what you mentioned above, I believe that’s why it’s so rough, making tendonds brittle.

I’ll take some time to find the above info, but I’m also certain of this info, I researched steroids very heavily for a time as I was very interested in the androgenic properties and why they made you stronger. interesting stuff.

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
I want to lift heavy obviously…I’m just saying the thought of bones flexing and snapping sounds gross to me I’ve always had a squeamish feeling toward body parts making odd noises lol I get grossed out when my elbows crack all the time[/quote]

Hey Mike,

the only real times bones snap are when they’re using bench shirt and the like.

I’ve competed in single ply and multi ply, and enjoyed both at the time, but I prefer that when someone asks me how much I lift, to not have to explain how suits work, and to tell them my raw number.

Everyone’s different, and squatting 800 multi ply was fun as hell, but I’m a raw lifter now.

So just focus on raw lifting, and you won’t have to worry as much about injury provided your posture is good. The chance is out there though, there’s wisdom in knowing this, and it takes inner strength to keep going anways.

Be strong Mike.

And don’t let the guys get to you, everyone has buttholes too.

1. Of course they juice their asses off.
  2. Who gives a shit.
  3. Their choices don’t affect how strong or weak you are, or get.

I don’t have a problem with somebody wanting to know if the top lifters (or any athletes) are drug free for comparison measures, although I agree there is no point in setting predetermined limits. What the drug using guys are doing today the natural guys will be doing tomorrow. You can check out plwatch for a complete list but here are some super awesome, supposedly natural lifts off the top of my head.

James Henderson - 711 lb bench, IPF and Raw
Mark Henry - 903 lb deadlift (claims to be lifetime drug free, USAPL)
Dennis Ceiri - 530 lb bench at 198, raw, tested
Rock Lewis - 600 lb bench at 230, raw, tested
Jennifer Thompson - 300+ lb bench at 132, female, drug free, raw

I am sure there are some 800+ lb squatters to throw in there as well. So one can get beastly strong drug free.

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t think this is quite accurate, all the sources i could find point to increased collagen synthesis, your muscles also contain a large component of collagen. Winstrol is known to cause tendon problems but not because of reduced collagen synthesis (in fact it is increased) but due to the impaired cross linking. The method by which the roidz work is lowering inflammation and speeding up recovery (amongst other things) which i suspect leads to a less oxidizing environment. The sulphur cross linking is dependent on an oxidate environment in order to form.[/quote]

Injectable testosterone definitely does this, there are others like Deca and GH that improve collagen synthesis by around 300%, winstrol also improves collagen synthesis, but due to what you mentioned above, I believe that’s why it’s so rough, making tendonds brittle.

I’ll take some time to find the above info, but I’m also certain of this info, I researched steroids very heavily for a time as I was very interested in the androgenic properties and why they made you stronger. interesting stuff.[/quote]

i’d be interested in reading it if you can find it.