I'm Surrounded By Idiots

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:

I think I’m all for that.

To show I ain’t scared, here’s a tidbit[/quote]

Since I brought it up, I’ll just post my pic used as my avatar a year ago. I am a little bigger and by the time I get down to the weight I was in this pic (249lbs), I plan on being leaner than I was then.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Since I brought it up, I’ll just post my pic used as my avatar a year ago. I am a little bigger and by the time I get down to the weight I was in this pic (249lbs), I plan on being leaner than I was then.[/quote]

Yep. Just another guy with loads of useless muscle mass. Tsk tsk.

BIGRAGOO wrote:

To show I ain’t scared, here’s a tidbit

Since I brought it up, I’ll just post my pic used as my avatar a year ago. I am a little bigger and by the time I get down to the weight I was in this pic (249lbs), I plan on being leaner than I was then.[/quote]

There’s the avatar I remember. Maybe you should drop another 100 lbs and get rid of all that useless muscle.

BIGRAGOO wrote:

Now where’s Kim Jong Il at when you need him…I hope he posts a picture next, being as he seems to be bashing the Prof on whatever thread he comments on.

BIGRAGOO wrote:

I’ll bet you’ve never curled a 35lb dumbbell in your life.

In fact I’ll bet that you and Ragoo couldn’t lift a 35 dumbbell together. Y’all know how useless those bodybuilder muscles are.

[quote]der Koning wrote:

In fact I’ll bet that you and Ragoo couldn’t lift a 35 dumbbell together. Y’all know how useless those bodybuilder muscles are.
[/quote]

No way man. Those things are HEAVY.

I haven’t posted in a while, but this thread definitely warrants one. I would definitely agree that more and more of the posts I see are thoughtless and stupid. Up until the past few months, the site was made up people trying to get huuuge. Now I’m not saying that everyone should share the same goals, but those that want to look like a twig should spend there time better on a different site. I wasn’t the biggest poster, but recently I just haven’t felt like replying to some dumb posts. I have only been on this site for a year or so, however I don’t want it to succomb to internet shitheads with no life and more importantly without a brain.

Guys, like Massif alread said, idiots are every where.

Most of the smarter posters, who post something that’s actually worth reading, have been here a while. Many of the dumbasses we’re talking about leave fairly quickly.

I think I see more smart people on this forum considering per capita (is that the right term? it’s pretty late) than I see in every day life. But I’m in college…

[quote]randman wrote:
the lack of critical thinking skills by individuals with IQs over three digits on this forum is astonishing. [/quote]

That would be an IQ of at least four digits :wink:

Nice size Prof X and Ragoo.
Practical experience will always
be more important than theoretical
bullshit. At least for me.
The only thing one can be sure of is that everyone who visits bodybuilding forums has a keyboard and a screen.
That’s why there is so much bull flying around…there are never any cosequences for stupidity or wisecracking one liners due to internet anonymity.
We are growing a generation of liars and cowards who believe that words are stronger than actions…Not everybody but I think the % is up there.
Oh well.

“You want to know what they all have in common? They’re ALL lazy.”

Dumbass move or comment = Idiocy or laziness.

Never fails.

[quote]grey wrote:
We are growing a generation of liars and cowards who believe that words are stronger than actions… Oh well.

[/quote]

That is so true, it hurts.

This is a great thread.

And.

Everyone’s sick and tired of seeing pictures of me, so I ain’t postin’ shit!

Prof, do you plan on competing at all?

Bigragoo, Damn man…Good work.

-Nate

I like this thread! More pics! BigRagoo and ProfX, you may go get fitted for your gladiator outfits now :wink:

Back to the topic, I wonder if the quality of the traffic is related to the whole New Year’s resolution thing? There are a lot of great posters here, I just hope they don’t get chased away by the morons…

[quote]Nate Green wrote:

Prof, do you plan on competing at all?

-Nate[/quote]

The goal right now is just to look like I could.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
der Koning wrote:

No way man. Those things are HEAVY.[/quote]

Just think, if you could work up to it you could own the Olympia.

BIGRAGOO wrote:

Whoa! All that with 25lb weights? Is that like 100 sets of 50 every day or what?

Seriously, your lookin “BAD!” Nice job.

A lot of it comes from lack of life experience and the belief that reading shit on the internet makes up for that. I don’t care how much crap you read on a weight lifting forum, it will never take the place of even 5 minutes under a shit load of weight that could fall on your chest and end your life at any moment. Then again, I am a bodybuilder, therefore, I can only press 25lbs at a time on a really good day.
With any luck, I shall eventually gain the strength to walk to my car and drive to the gym. [/quote]

You must be eating too much to get strong. When you eat a lot (more than 2,000 calories) your body has to devote its energy to digesting the food which takes blood flow away from your muscles and reduces the “pump” that makes you stronger. Either eat less or jog more. :wink:

I think we need something like Terry Tate (the Office Linebacker) on T-Nation that will inflict pain on idiots. I miss those commercials.

DB

[quote]der Koning wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
der Koning wrote:

No way man. Those things are HEAVY.

Just think, if you could work up to it you could own the Olympia.
[/quote]
I curled a 35 dumbbell yesterday. Raw. Yeah, buddy.

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
There are a lot of great posters here, I just hope they don’t get chased away by the morons…
[/quote]

I used to post a lot, but over the last several months I’ve found it too hard to separate the wheat from the chaff in the forums. (Wait a minute, wheat is too highly glycemic, isn’t it?) Also, the same the topics come up again, and again, and again, year after year.

When it gets too difficult to find the good information, the good people just stop looking, regardless of the number of morons and ghetto wannabes and grammar ignoramuses.

How about this idea? We get to rate not just posts, but members. Give them a “T-rating” from -5 (moron) through 0 (average Joe reader) to +5 (T expert). Then we can set our preferences to ignore everybody with a T-rating below zero.