T Nation

I'm So Muscle Bound

[quote]jarvis wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Make…the…madness…stop.[/quote]

It’s ok X, it’s just a nightmare … you’ll wake up and be able to beat a kid with your ass stick who “doesn’t want to get too big” and you’ll be happy (well happy for you anyways) again[/quote]

Ass stick ?[/quote]

you had to be there…

how tiny are your friend if they think that’s big?
and how tall are you?

[quote]hachi wrote:
how tiny are your friend if they think that’s big?
and how tall are you?[/quote]

5 9-10 and so you can imagine (176cm), not big.

And yes, she’s bigger than me … I’ll put it down to her smoking something.

She must be confusing lean-ness with muscle. And also, she’s seen me twice in two years and in that time I did put on 35lb. So maybe she meant to say “you’re bigger” and not “you’re muscley.”

anything 18" and over i consider big arms. People are just getting smaller and smaller these days so they have nothing to compare to. People I train with call me “Dainty Dan” because of my generally gracile frame compared to them. But in some other social situations I look like the fucking hulk.

It’s because these kids grow up with zero exposure to any sort of true strength or strength training. You notice how guys in their 40s and up wont think that you are huge, because they grew up in a culture where you would see jacked dudes at least once in a while.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
Man that would make me huge in that light if 155lbs is considered big. Wow. Bet they would think I am on the juice 24/7 or something.

Oh and I bet the same people making comments are also saying something about steroids behind your back. For some reason that is always the case.[/quote]

I’d rather behind my back, than openly in front of my employers and clients…

Some people’s jealously is embarrassing to be around.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
You guys and your obsession with body weight.
In the end, it’s all about sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, silly!
[/quote]

RADICAL sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, I assume is what you meant. I’ll forgive you this once.

[quote]schultzie wrote:
anything 18" and over i consider big arms. People are just getting smaller and smaller these days
.[/quote]

schulzie-I love you and all, but people are NOT getting smaller and smaller these days … we (as a society and culture) are growing taller and fatter … but I get your point … people are easily impressed with muscular size (or what we believe is lack there of) … I just thought it was funny you said that :slight_smile: … carry on

[quote]Professor X wrote:
14" arms…and kids now think that means “big”. I am not sure if that means his friends are 10 year olds or that his entire age group happens to be shut ins who never move off the couch.[/quote]

If 14" is big than I’m sure you make the Juggernat look like a bitch.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
14" arms…and kids now think that means “big”. I am not sure if that means his friends are 10 year olds or that his entire age group happens to be shut ins who never move off the couch.[/quote]

I’m assuming that you’re not including me in that category of kids because I for one, recognise that it isn’t big, and it isn’t even medium.

And my friends, they’re in their mid-twenties. Have travelled the world, and are currently doing phDs. Which is why it is so baffling that she was serious about this.

PS. She smokes a lot of things, Perhaps that explains it.[/quote]

Dude, I’m not even hating on you for this thread in and of itself because I am positive that when I reached 15" arms, that I thought I was at least big enough for SOMEONE SOMEWHERE to think I at least picked up a weight before…but these threads are out of hand.

Every freaking week there is a “I can’t find pants because my 22” quads are so swole" thread, a “people think my 13” arms are HUGE" thread, a “I don’t want to get too big even though I weigh 140lbs” thread as well as tons of other bullshit that really just shows most of you are still very small and the rest of the world is still very retarded.

Just once, I would like to see a “Guys, I have 33” quads and need some help finding clothes" thread, a “I have 20” arms and the waitress fainted when I flexed" thread, and a “I ate 3lbs of beef today does anyone want to dare me to eat another 4?” thread.

Where the fuck are the big and strong people at on a board that supposedly focuses on those two exact issues?

I’m 5’7" and 205 lbs. My arms are at 17" and I don’t think I’m to big. I would put 18 at big, fwiw. But the average Joe or Jane thinks I’m huge. I know I’m not small, but I think for many factors,things have changed.

Less manual labor maybe, less lifting,who knows? All that matters is my wife really likes how I look, and I like how I lift.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
14" arms…and kids now think that means “big”. I am not sure if that means his friends are 10 year olds or that his entire age group happens to be shut ins who never move off the couch.[/quote]

I’m assuming that you’re not including me in that category of kids because I for one, recognise that it isn’t big, and it isn’t even medium.

And my friends, they’re in their mid-twenties. Have travelled the world, and are currently doing phDs. Which is why it is so baffling that she was serious about this.

PS. She smokes a lot of things, Perhaps that explains it.[/quote]

Dude, I’m not even hating on you for this thread in and of itself because I am positive that when I reached 15" arms, that I thought I was at least big enough for SOMEONE SOMEWHERE to think I at least picked up a weight before…but these threads are out of hand.

Every freaking week there is a “I can’t find pants because my 22” quads are so swole" thread, a “people think my 13” arms are HUGE" thread, a “I don’t want to get too big even though I weigh 140lbs” thread as well as tons of other bullshit that really just shows most of you are still very small and the rest of the world is still very retarded.

Just once, I would like to see a “Guys, I have 33” quads and need some help finding clothes" thread, a “I have 20” arms and the waitress fainted when I flexed" thread, and a “I ate 3lbs of beef today does anyone want to dare me to eat another 4?” thread.

Where the fuck are the big and strong people at on a board that supposedly focuses on those two exact issues?[/quote]

Hmm. Something was lost in translation here I think.

My main complaint and source of bewilderment stemmed from the fact that an intelligent, well travelled girl with a lot of exposure and experience for a 25 year old, seemed to think that someone who was 155lb looked big and muscular.

It basically baffled me that anyone can think like that and was merely highlighting the ridiculousness of her statement.

Incidentally, I ate a 60 ounce steak recently. Better?

And also, being 155lb makes … me … functional. Hehe.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
I’m 5’7" and 205 lbs. My arms are at 17" and I don’t think I’m to big. I would put 18 at big, fwiw. But the average Joe or Jane thinks I’m huge. I know I’m not small, but I think for many factors,things have changed.

Less manual labor maybe, less lifting,who knows? All that matters is my wife really likes how I look, and I like how I lift.[/quote]

That’s cool! Unfortunately, how big I can get is being limited by the fact that I have rapidly degenerating cartlidge in my knee and am finding it hard to get into any serious leg work since I’m slowly crippling myself.

Speaking of which, you should see my legs! Like the wheelchair dude from Avatar.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

And also, being 155lb makes … me … functional. Hehe.[/quote]

GTFO

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
14" arms…and kids now think that means “big”. I am not sure if that means his friends are 10 year olds or that his entire age group happens to be shut ins who never move off the couch.[/quote]

I’m assuming that you’re not including me in that category of kids because I for one, recognise that it isn’t big, and it isn’t even medium.

And my friends, they’re in their mid-twenties. Have travelled the world, and are currently doing phDs. Which is why it is so baffling that she was serious about this.

PS. She smokes a lot of things, Perhaps that explains it.[/quote]

Dude, I’m not even hating on you for this thread in and of itself because I am positive that when I reached 15" arms, that I thought I was at least big enough for SOMEONE SOMEWHERE to think I at least picked up a weight before…but these threads are out of hand.

Every freaking week there is a “I can’t find pants because my 22” quads are so swole" thread, a “people think my 13” arms are HUGE" thread, a “I don’t want to get too big even though I weigh 140lbs” thread as well as tons of other bullshit that really just shows most of you are still very small and the rest of the world is still very retarded.

Just once, I would like to see a “Guys, I have 33” quads and need some help finding clothes" thread, a “I have 20” arms and the waitress fainted when I flexed" thread, and a “I ate 3lbs of beef today does anyone want to dare me to eat another 4?” thread.

Where the fuck are the big and strong people at on a board that supposedly focuses on those two exact issues?[/quote]

Hmm. Something was lost in translation here I think.

My main complaint and source of bewilderment stemmed from the fact that an intelligent, well travelled girl with a lot of exposure and experience for a 25 year old, seemed to think that someone who was 155lb looked big and muscular.

It basically baffled me that anyone can think like that and was merely highlighting the ridiculousness of her statement.

Incidentally, I ate a 60 ounce steak recently. Better?

And also, being 155lb makes … me … functional. Hehe.[/quote]

Bitchez be crazy.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

And also, being 155lb makes … me … functional. Hehe.[/quote]

GTFO[/quote]

I don’t know what’s worse: that you fell for it or that you fell for it. Clearly, irony and sarcasm don’t translate well across the pond.

That chick wanted to bang you dude. She doesn’t think your big at all, just wants you to nail the shit out of her…

Man, she basically asked you to hit, and you missed the signal…

beans your arms are huge

=)

[quote]Professor X wrote:
14" arms…and kids now think that means “big”. I am not sure if that means his friends are 10 year olds or that his entire age group happens to be shut ins who never move off the couch.[/quote]

I’m 19 now but at 18 while I was in high school I had friends who were maybe 140lbs tell me that my arms were huge and acuse me of “juceing”. My arms are around 17in. I also have a sizable gut(more so back then). Very few younger people get what it truly means to be big.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

And also, being 155lb makes … me … functional. Hehe.[/quote]

GTFO[/quote]

X2

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

And also, being 155lb makes … me … functional. Hehe.[/quote]

GTFO[/quote]

I don’t know what’s worse: that you fell for it or that you fell for it. Clearly, irony and sarcasm don’t translate well across the pond.[/quote]

No, most of you just aren’t funny over there.

You guys are basically just known for fucked up teeth and a Queen.