I'm So Muscle Bound

Cliffnotes:

I’m 155lbs - probably 14in arms
Two female friends commented on how “big” and “muscley” I am.
I laughed out with embarassment

So I used to be 120 a couple of years ago, and now I’m 155lb. Granted, if you hadn’t seen me over that time, you might comment that I’ve put some weight on and am on my way.

However, there were about 12 of us having a meal the other night, and one of my friends turns to me and says “wow, your arms are so big.”

I clearly thought she was taking the piss so I laughed along. She asked why I was laughing and I asked her if she was being serious in her compliment.

She was being dead serious, and I kept trying to explain to her that a bit of leanness does not mean muscle. And then she started to ask my other friend who mainly agreed.

Other people started listening in; I became very, very embarassed. So then I asked them about Brad Pitt in Fight Club and yes …

They though he was massive too.

Still feeling humiliated. Someone please tell me that 155 is small so that I can get my feet grounded again in reality.

Yes 155lbs is small. Though it’s all relative to other people, but hey keep up the work.

[quote]dalthorn wrote:
Yes 155lbs is small. Though it’s all relative to other people, but hey keep up the work.[/quote]

Thank you!

Imagine the humiliation … wow, those 14inch guns look amazing …

Other people in the group musta thought I was such a dick.

I had 13 inch arms when I was 120lbs.With no lifting at all.

Though I was 4 years old at the time.

You’re as big as my leg so yes, you’re swole dude. Is this really deserving of a thread? You seriously don’t know you’re relatively small? You didn’t get enough attention the other night? It required a thread to discuss this (realizing of course the paradox of my “contribution” to that which I rebuke)?

Ronnie Coleman watch out!! Seriously dood … you didn’t need us to tell you that 155 isn’t big … shit i’m 200 and I"m not big … working on it but I ain’t big and I know it … my girl tells me she loves how i look and I just shrug it off graciously of course and keep doing what I"m doing … so, accept the compliment but keep focused on your goals champ

Make…the…madness…stop.

You guys and your obsession with body weight.
In the end, it’s all about sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, silly!

14" arms…and kids now think that means “big”. I am not sure if that means his friends are 10 year olds or that his entire age group happens to be shut ins who never move off the couch.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Make…the…madness…stop.[/quote]

It’s ok X, it’s just a nightmare … you’ll wake up and be able to beat a kid with your ass stick who “doesn’t want to get too big” and you’ll be happy (well happy for you anyways) again

14" arms…and kids now think that means “big”. I am not sure if that means his friends are 10 year olds or that his entire age group happens to be shut ins who never move off the couch.[/quote]

It’s the new look. My 17 year old is 5’9" and weighs maybe 130. The sad thing is that he fits in with all of his schoolmates. If you can put 1 set of 45’s on the bar for any exercise, you are a strong motherfucker at his high school.

There seems to be a disturbing trend around these parts of girls being fat, and boys having the frame of 12 year old girls. I just don’t get it.

Now if you will excuse me, there are some punks playing on my lawn.

14" arms…and kids now think that means “big”. I am not sure if that means his friends are 10 year olds or that his entire age group happens to be shut ins who never move off the couch.[/quote]

I’m assuming that you’re not including me in that category of kids because I for one, recognise that it isn’t big, and it isn’t even medium.

And my friends, they’re in their mid-twenties. Have travelled the world, and are currently doing phDs. Which is why it is so baffling that she was serious about this.

PS. She smokes a lot of things, Perhaps that explains it.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

PS. She smokes a lot of things, Perhaps that explains it.[/quote]

AHHHHHHH… So now it all makes sense…

For whatever reason she wants to smoke your cock, and that is why she said that. Not that she actually thought you were big.

It might be a simple matter of perspectives: 11 years ago, when I was still going to school, my ~15" cannons got me the same remarks. And I hadn’t even been lifting, just doing track & field (and lots of chins).

We’re talking 17-18 year olds. Outside the US, no weight lifting gym, all in all 2.5 puny hours of physical education at school. I’m not shitting you: I was considered a hunk. By no fault of my own.

Maybe the OP is 18-ish and not in the US…

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
It might be a simple matter of perspectives: 11 years ago, when I was still going to school, my ~15" cannons got me the same remarks. And I hadn’t even been lifting, just doing track & field (and lots of chins).

We’re talking 17-18 year olds. Outside the US, no weight lifting gym, all in all 2.5 puny hours of physical education at school. I’m not shitting you: I was considered a hunk. By no fault of my own.

[/quote]

24 and not in the US. Hehe. At 21-22 I was about 120lb.

Another 80 to go …

Perhaps the OP is actually 3 feet tall? Then he would be massive. A cube actually.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:

[/quote]

I gotta think this as well. I started training weighing 150 lbs, with 14" arms,… and I had previously ran track,… so certainly not a “huge and bulky” 14 inch arm -lol. However, to normal folks, and especially on a shorter statured individual (I’m 5’8), when I first hit 16", people in my classes thought I was a beast… of course this was when I was in grad school for film, so not a heck of a lot of gym goers there! When I broke 17" I working in Manhattan, and finally started to look like I worked out even when covered up in street clothes (I’d get the occassional ‘nod’ from other meat-heads on the street, acknowledging that I was now part of their elite club!). When I finally cracked 18", and with my height (and small joints), there was officially no hiding it, no matter who I was hanging around. Of course when I’m at work with intellectual types, I look a lot more out of place than when I’m on the street, or in the gym.

Take it as a compliment, but keep your goals in mind. Other people’s standards don’t have to be yours, in fact, by holding yourself to higher levels, you’ll achieve a lot more.

S

Its good that you know youre not big and still need to grow…you could have let them gas you up but you stayed humble…sign of potential there…you’re definitely not a douche.

I’m not going to eat you now. offers handshake

Man that would make me huge in that light if 155lbs is considered big. Wow. Bet they would think I am on the juice 24/7 or something.

Oh and I bet the same people making comments are also saying something about steroids behind your back. For some reason that is always the case.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Make…the…madness…stop.[/quote]

It’s ok X, it’s just a nightmare … you’ll wake up and be able to beat a kid with your ass stick who “doesn’t want to get too big” and you’ll be happy (well happy for you anyways) again[/quote]

Ass stick ?