I'm So Confused!

1 g/lb is the recommendation. Treat it as the minimum and if you go over you’re OK.

Eat at least some yolk. Don’t cook them on too high a heat.

Chicken breast is the lowest fat. If you are watching your fat intake stick to the breasts. The best way is to by them frozen in bulk stores by the case. The cost is not a lot higher than canned. Turkey is better for low fat, eat it all.

Stu

i designed a diet-plan :

Wake-Up : [6:30am]

Whey Protein + Water

Breakfast : [7:00am]

2 Egg Wholes
2 Egg Whites
1 Cup Oatmeal
An Apple / Orange
1 Cup Skim Milk

Snack : [10:00am]

1 Tbspn Peanut Butter / Handful of Nuts
1 Cup Light Yogurt (110gm)

[Pre-Workout Meal] (1:00pm)

Tuna Can
Large Sweet Potato / 1 Cup Basmati Rice
Vegetable Soup / Salad

[Post-Workout] : (3:15pm)

Whey Protein
1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Carb Drink (apple Juice / orange juice)

[Post-Post Workout] : (6:15pm)

Chicken Breast
Vegetable Soup / Salad
1 Tbspn Olive Oil

[Before-Bed] : (9:15pm)

1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Cup Light Yogurt (110gm)
1 Scoop Whey Protein

The Calories of the above food listed are at my maintenance range.

Do you guys think the fat intake of this plan is high ?

if i’m goin to follow the 40-40-20 ratio …
then i need :

about 220grams protein
about 245grams carbs
and about 48grams of FAT!

i’m sorry for botheration … [it’s my thread] lol ~_~!

You need to eat ABOVE your maintenance level in order to grow.
No offense, but you are skinny and weak.
Eat big and lift big.

If by some terrible twist of fate you happen to gain a pound or two of fat, then you decrease calories and cut it. BTW, losing fat is not difficult if you have a lot of muscle mass and you haven’t let your BMR crash because of starvation.

ah guys i forgot to mention!
i was overweight in the past - about 83KG - and lost all that weight without exercising …!

i should have mentioned that!

Can someone post a link to a good 5x5 program for beginners. Thanks!

edit
Uhmmm…thinking of doing this one actually:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459321

online outline of Riptoe’s starting strength for beginners.

Bill Starr’s 5x5

If you lost that much weight through dieting without exercise, then I’m nearly certain that you BMR has dropped into the basement.

maybe … but that was kind of long time ago …
anyways i’m still consuming my 5-6 meals per day every 3 hrs or so … and trying to include protein with each meal … i guess my Metabolism or Basal Metabolic Rate is being re-set that way , right ?

[quote]eXhausted wrote:
maybe … but that was kind of long time ago …
anyways i’m still consuming my 5-6 meals per day every 3 hrs or so … and trying to include protein with each meal … i guess my Metabolism or Basal Metabolic Rate is being re-set that way , right ?[/quote]

Wrong. BMR is increased through exercise and proper eating.
Seriously, if you want to get bigger and stronger you need to stick to a solid lifting program while maintaining a caloric surplus.

If you keep cals at maintenance or deficit: your strength gains will be minimal, your size gains will be nonexistent, and you’ll be back here in a month with a new thread about how you are a “hard gainer”.

Lift big and eat big. Keep the diet balanced with enough extra calories to permit growth. And EAT YOUR DAMN VEGETABLES:)

lol … okay!!

i will probably hit the GYM this week …
i will go for Rippetoe’s (many many ppl swear that it makes wonders) …

[1]* is it okay to perforom 20 minutes of cardio after each workout 3x per week like the weight training - which is also 3x per week ?

[2]* and for warmups … can i do 5min on the treadmill be4 going for the squats and these things … or just go for warming up using the bar weight … then adding a bit of weight … and so on ?

thank u all guys , u are really helpful - thankgod u put up with me lol!

[1] The cardio after each workout should be fine considering that the leg isn’t too badly beaten down.

[2] Either one will work, as long as you feel yourself sweating and your core temperature goes up. The treadmill would work faster seeing as you run and it being a good exercise.

Also, you said you were 16, and I’m that same age but I’m having trouble eating my meals on time because of school. How do you deal with it? Do you sneak food into class or you on vacation right now?

thanks … actually i’m on vacation and i will get back to skool 2mrw … i will still have to mix some meals up since it’s hard to eat every 3 hrs at skool lol … i asked the owner of a GYM nearby to get me Whey Protein - but i haven’t got it yet - i will make a protein shake to take it with me … besides , you can make tuna / chicken sandwiches too … u can also buy some milk / yogurt cans … u can take an apple … etc

it depends on how ur diet looks like … that was just an idea … hope it helps …

i no it’s hard to deal with it sometimes and bothering really … cuz sometimes i have to leave my friends just to eat my meal …

anyways , Good Luck mate

i can’t wait to go to the GYM maybe 2mrw after skool i will … xD