I'm Selected for ElifteFTS Dud to Stud Contest

[quote]deat wrote:
Updates: On my T-Nation training log, elitefts.com logs and perhaps elsewhere
[/quote]

This is great bro, good for you. Your a big guy to begin with, itll be very interesting to follow. Ill def be following

[quote]jonmb11 wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
Awesome bro! This should be really sick to follow. Where will you be logging it, I’d definitely like to follow.[/quote]
x2[/quote]

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
This is great bro, good for you. Your a big guy to begin with, itll be very interesting to follow. Ill def be following[/quote]

Thanks guys. I will be logging it on my training log ( Deat's Log - Training Logs - Forums - T Nation )

Congratulations, deat! That’s an awesome accomplishment considering the caliber of those two men and the amount of others who likely submitted ‘applications’ to get what you do!

Make the best of and I hope you learn tons.

Alders

Congratulations, man!

I’m with Shelby at the moment and it works really good. You seem to have an awesome muscle base under there and will look freakin’ awesome in 12 weeks!

Nice, anticipating good results.

Just a note, Shelby is Cardio heavy. Had me up to 80min, x7/wk when I worked with him. At the same time I was cycling fats on a keto diet. It literally drained my soul but I stuck to it.

I can’t lie though - I lost muscle so just be prepared. It looks like you got enough of a base to have a burning metabolism!

Cheers.

Week 1 Update:
Everything is going well. High days involve a lot of eating average of ~70 grams of carbs per meal. I really like fasted morning cardio 30 min, 5 x a week.

In first week I lost 4 pounds and the mirror makes it look like I gained muscle.

More details on my training log: http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/deats_log?pageNo=1#4317909

Update:
Week 1: lost 4 pounds
Week 2: lost 4 pounds

training has been going well, pretty high volume on a 4-way weekly body part split (chest/biceps, legs, shoulders/triceps, back/traps). 2 high carb days (7 meals 45/70/0 grams P/C/F), 4 Med carb days (6 meals 60/40/10, less carbs as the days go on), 2 low days (6 meals 60/30 (first 3 meals)/15). Fasted cardio at 75%HRM for 30 min on medium and low days.

Shelby’s EliteFTS log has more info and every now and then there is an article on elite
this one outlines the diet in greater detail.
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/dud-to-stud-first-impressions/

Awesome dude. Sounds like things are going good already.

Stay focused and best of luck. Looking forward to seeing the progress pics.

Bro, if you do everything they say you’ll be more than happy with the results. My guess is that in w/12 you’ll be looking reaaaally good.

[quote]deat wrote:
Update:

training has been going well, pretty high volume on a 4-way weekly body part split (chest/biceps, legs, shoulders/triceps, back/traps). 2 high carb days (7 meals 45/70/0 grams P/C/F), 4 Med carb days (6 meals 60/40/10, less carbs as the days go on), 2 low days (6 meals 60/30 (first 3 meals)/15). Fasted cardio at 75%HRM for 30 min on medium and low days.

Shelby’s EliteFTS log has more info and every now and then there is an article on elite
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/dud-to-stud-first-impressions/[/quote]

Hello mate, wonder if you could clarify something? You listed 2/4/2 on the carb-cycling breakdown. Did you mean 2/3/2 or something? Or is it that you are training one-on, one off, and therefore are sticking to an eight-day split? Just details I know, and Shelby’s running a business, so if you can’t say, I respect that and good luck.

I’m just personally a) fascinated by Shelby’s strategies and b) looking to examine in detail what kind of plan you are on. I agree that you should get sick lean if you continue the way you are

[quote]dannyrat wrote:

[quote]deat wrote:
Update:

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/dud-to-stud-first-impressions/[/quote]

Hello mate, wonder if you could clarify something? You listed 2/4/2 on the carb-cycling breakdown. Did you mean 2/3/2 or something? Or is it that you are training one-on, one off, and therefore are sticking to an eight-day split? Just details I know, and Shelby’s running a business, so if you can’t say, I respect that and good luck.

I’m just personally a) fascinated by Shelby’s strategies and b) looking to examine in detail what kind of plan you are on. I agree that you should get sick lean if you continue the way you are[/quote]

Yeah man my bad on the typo 7-day split 2 high 2 med 3 low. Shelby is a class act.

Where you from in Iowa brother? nice to see another Iowan here, and congratulations.

[quote]FutureJarhead wrote:
Where you from in Iowa brother? nice to see another Iowan here, and congratulations.[/quote]

My heart resides in Ames.

Even though my permanent address is now straight north on 35 about 225 miles.

I was born in Des Moines, represent deat. lol

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I was born in Des Moines, represent deat. lol[/quote]

full-disclosure I lived most my life in Minneapolis, MN, but spent 5 great years in Iowa.

Hey Deat, how do you like the transition from Upper/Lower type splits to a 4 way split. I know its too early to tell but have you noticed any difference? I am a big fan of full body and upper/lower type splits as they have always yielded the best results for me but I never gave true split training a try to make a fair evaluation.

[quote]MSU2009 wrote:
Hey Deat, how do you like the transition from Upper/Lower type splits to a 4 way split. I know its too early to tell but have you noticed any difference? I am a big fan of full body and upper/lower type splits as they have always yielded the best results for me but I never gave true split training a try to make a fair evaluation. [/quote]

The split I’m on is outlined in more detail in my training log. But I’m enjoying it, it definately is forcing my body to adapt, though I only train body parts directly once per week, the volume is much large in terms of sets (and in some cases reps). Since I’m only 2.75 weeks into it, the jury is still out.

[quote]deat wrote:

Where you from in Iowa brother? nice to see another Iowan here, and congratulations.[/quote]

Even though my permanent address is now straight north on 35 about 225 miles.[/quote]
Cyclone fan…yuck lol, just kidding man im in Waterloo. Good Luck and keep giving us updates.

[quote]deat wrote:

Even though my permanent address is now straight north on 35 about 225 miles.[/quote]
Cyclone fan…yuck lol, just kidding man im in Waterloo. Good Luck and keep giving us updates.[/quote]

lolz. I knew my response would get a violent reaction one way or another!

thanks man I’ll keep ya posted