T Nation

I'm Scared to Death of TRT

Thats just retarded. FDA should be driven by large study fact, not wishful thinking.

Wanna run something by you guys. See what you think. > A little backstory. In 2012 I was diagnosed with unexplained iron deficiency anemia. I underwent all the tests one could do with the exception of a bone marrow biopsy. (Hell fucking no I will never do that) had Colonoscopy, endoscopy, meckel scan, contrast dye CAT scan, the list kind of goes on anon and every single one of them came back normal.

2014-was diagnosed extremely low testosterone. Clomid since.

1. Will trt have any impact on this type of unexplained anemia?

I asked my hemotologist (whos been managing my anemia) if TRT would fix my iron deficiency anemia. His responce below.

" Yes, extra red blood cells fixes anemia. But there are many things that are involved in red cell production:

• signal from your body to make red cells: this is usually a hormone called EPO. It is made by kidneys when they detect low red cells. It binds to a receptor on red-cell precursors to tell them to grow/divide. I think testosterone also acts along this pathways.
  • raw materials: these are things like iron and vitamin B12. If your body does not have sufficient amounts, no matter how much EPO or testosterone you have, you won’t make red cells.

So basically, we just have to monitor both. Testosterone won’t fix iron deficiency. But when somebody is not iron deficient it can cause them to make more red cells."

Thoughts??

I had severe symptoms of anemia when I was diagnosed with low T (Total T=120), no longer now that I’m on TRT.

Mr Lord, may i ask, was there a bleed? The problem i face is iron Deficiency.

Omg dr john crisler is dead.

So I’ve been doing more reading about thyroid levels and how that can cause issues when starting testosterone. Will starting testosterone do something to the thyroid? Or are these just random events?

AFAIK, normalized T levels give a boost to your thyroid. This I both read in some literature, and then experienced in my lab values too.

This is interesting. My thyroid must have been in the crapper pre trt then. Over a year after being on trt, I had my thyroid tested for the first time and I’m hypothyroid. Just started taking 90mg of armour thyroid a day last week.

I’m starting to wonder if hypothyroidism was the cause of my hypogonadism… But I guess it’s too late to know.

One of the endos I consulted told me it works the other way around (too). So her first attempt with me was T4 as that’s far less commitment than TRT. Obviously, that didn’t work. In my case, the same dose of T4 is giving waaay better result since I’ve been on real TRT.

Now obviously hypothyroidism may have a number of reasons, and T will not help with all.

I’m really just confused with it all now that thyroid issues are a part of my equation.

First went to a urologist because of ED. Found out I had low T… Went on test cyp shots. Now, 15 months later, I still have some ED, and a bum thyroid. Oh well. I’m just going to take what I have and go from there…

He wont put you on thyriod meds? What a douch bag.

Oh, no… I just started 90mg a day of armour thyroid last week to go along with 140mg test a week (40mg EOD).

I’m just sorta questioning if my thyroid was to blame all along because I’ve read symptoms of hypothyroidism could include low T and ED (which I had both)… And I’m wondering if I needed to start thyroid first before T.

Oh well.

What subq 31g bundles do yawl recomend? Got any links?

Being from Texas, this hurts my eyes. It’s y’all. Please don’t do this again :joy:

Lol. 100% correct man. I guess I just spell it like I hear it. LOL. I am from Texas. Grew up in Beaumont Texas and with school in Houston. Went to high school in sour Lake Texas if you’ve ever heard of that. That’s the birthplace of Texaco

Hey guys dumb question but I’m gonna ask. Do you think this syringe type is functional for sub queue injection’s?

https://www.bd.com/en-us/offerings/capabilities/diabetes-care/insulin-syringes/bd-veo-insulin-syringe-with-ultra-fine-6mm-needle

Any subq syringe recomendation is welcomed.

Doing eod

Looks like it should work well.

Can I get some feedback on my cycle I posted on my account please. Just need some recommendations and feedback. Thanks for the help!

Just to be clear, the Pharma forum (where you posted your thread) is different than the T Replacement forum (where this current thread is). They’re kept separate because they’re two different things.

You just posted your thread an hour ago and you already got a reply there. There’s no reason to hijack this thread.

Okay thank you! Sorry I’m new on here and all forum/info sites but thank you for the info :+1:t4: