I'm Scared to Death of TRT

https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/tnation/uploads/default/optimized/3X/c/c/cc6a7c2005876b396434dbe4aecfa6a4894698a6_1_690x470.jpg
https://forums.t-nation.com/uploads/short-url/vPhn8d9jNVSGx0P5uesJ64jXkdh.jpg

Edit: @jpt365 These were also in that study you posted.

1 Like

Not sure how I missed that, thanks!

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance could you possibly elaborate on how to look at this?

If you use the key on both graphs you’ll get a better idea. Each color corresponds to a factor that TRT influences (libido, erections, lean mass, etc). The first chart looks at things in terms of weeks, the second looks at months.

You’ll see each color has an arrow that indicates the time it might take for an individual to see the effect of TRT on that particular aspect of their life.

Oh wow so according to that erectile function may take as much as a year before you notice anything

52 weeks before maximal effect

No, it may take that long until you reach the maximum effect, not until you notice anything. There are a lot of elements that go into ED. Testosterone will help.

This is a study set of data. If you get your levels all working, you’re going to be having great erections.

Understood. I appreciate the clarification. Reading more threads here i get kinda freaked out by threads like this.

Hoping that just a body builder Thing.

Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maximum effects are achieved:

Effects on sexual interest appear after 3 weeks plateauing at 6 weeks, with no further increments expected beyond. Changes in erections/ejaculations may require up to 6 months. Effects on quality of life manifest within 3–4 weeks, but maximum benefits take longer. Effects on depressive mood become detectable after 3–6 weeks with a maximum after 18–30 weeks. Effects on erythropoiesis are evident at 3 months, peaking at 9–12 months. Prostate-specific antigen and volume rise, marginally, plateauing at 12 months; further increase should be related to aging rather than therapy.

Effects on lipids appear after 4 weeks, maximal after 6–12 months. Insulin sensitivity may improve within few days, but effects on glycemic control become evident only after 3–12 months. Changes in fat mass, lean body mass, and muscle strength occur within 12–16 weeks, stabilize at 6–12 months, but can marginally continue over years. Effects on inflammation occur within 3–12 weeks. Effects on bone are detectable already after 6 months while continuing at least for 3 years.

The time-course of the spectrum of effects of testosterone shows considerable variation, probably related to pharmacodynamics of the testosterone preparation. Genomic and non-genomic effects, androgen receptor polymorphism and intracellular steroid metabolism further contribute to such diversity.

Treatment of hypogonadal men with testosterone is rewarding, for the patients as well as the physician. The patient experiences, to his satisfaction, profound changes in his physical appearance and his mental makeup. The attending physician observes the changes the patient undergoes and rarely fails to be fascinated by the multitude of functions testosterone appears to have in the process of masculinization in the broadest sense.

1 Like

Thank you systemlord (i love SG1)

No doupt it will be a bigger change than what clomids given me. Not really sure why clomid doesnt raise psa and trt does given t levels rise in both cases.

Im curious if the transition between clomid to trt is at all a noticable feeling. My last doc seemed to think i wont notice a difference. :confused:

There is a well known condition called Deca-dick from the prolonged use of an anabolic called Deca Durabolin. This is not TRT.

Ok thank god. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been in test cyp for just about 1 year now and my PSA has risen from 0.3 to 0.5. where have you read trt raises PSA?

My urologist told me both clomid and trt do alittle. How old are you though?

Interesting. I’ll have to keep an eye on that.

I’m 42. Started at 50mg e3.5 days, then went to 60mg e3.5 days and now settled into 34-40mg EOD (varying the dose to keep my body guessing at times) and I feel great.

I’ve read your concerned about your erections… That’s the main reason I went to a urologist… Weak to no erections, low libido, etc… Lots of problems in bed with the missus. My total test was like 250, so he prescribed test cyp injections.

11/10 will be my 1yr anniversary in trt. On my dose, my TT is around 650-690 and I’m happy to report that things have improved almost 100% from before. Where before I’d fail to get a good enough erection for fun time 5/6 out of 10 tries… Now, there have been times I get an erection just looking at a pretty picture of her.

I know it feels scary… But looking back, I wish I went to my urologist sooner…oh, and I’ve dropped about 20lbs, crave working out and feel like I have quite a bit more energy. Just have to realize it’s a bit of a process to get there, it’s not an overnight thing - but once you do figure out what your body needs, the changes are amazing.

1 Like

doc wants to start me on 1 week injections first. Im very terrified of needles. Luckkly my insurance makes doc visit injections cheap. I cant see myself ever stabbing my ass on my own. :confused: cant even watch them stick me with an IV.

Is 2 injections a week the only way it works best?

No, many use an once a week protocol. Much of it depends on how you metabolize testosterone and your SHBG level.

Surely you plan on using 29 gauge insulin syringes and not harpoons in the butt?

Once weekly injections works for only a select few. Starting TRT without knowing you SHBG is like walking down the hallway in the dark.

SHBG will dictate the type of TRT protocol that’s expected to show good results. When I would inject twice a week I would feel a crash 2.5 days after my injection.

After I started injecting every other day I started to feel consistent but couldn’t control estrogen, so I have been injecting very small doses every day and I feel way better!

I dunno what harpoon in the butt means.