T Nation

I'm Ready To Get Big

Ok. This is finally it. No more bullshit. I'm pissed and I'm ready to get big. 16 years old, 130 pounds, weak. I'll give you guys a quick background before I start with my routine. I have always loved the idea of working out, and as soon as I was able to, I joined a gym. For a couple of months, I would just do whatever, mostly chest, arms and abs. Then I started reading (p.s. I'm a HUGE reader/researcher, if I am doing anything, I will look up on it for at least a couple days before I start), and came to this site. At first, I only read the articles, and jumped back and forth between advanced programs, making no gains. However, I settled for a simple body split routine, and gained about 10 pounds (yes I was actually skinnier than 130 pounds before). Then, I got sick, and for some reason I didn't have that same intensity in the gym any more, and got back down to the weight I started at. From then on, I just roamed around looking for programs, trying things like starting strength, WS4SB etc. I then recently went back to a body split, and was experienced about a 5 pound gain in a month and a half, but then exams came around, and I completely screwed working out. And now I come to where I am currently. I am simply going to do a body part split, no bs programs. I am going to stick to it for 3 months, and am posting this log to help me stay on task. BTW, I didn't forget my eating, dw :wink: I am probably the shitiest eater ever, I have amazing self control, I can go without eating for over 10 hours and not complain. I asked my mom to start preparing meals in advance for me (and I will do some as well myself) and will eat every 2-3 hours, no excuses. So that's basically it, time to get started. (P.S. my split is mon: chest/back, tues: shoulders, thurs: legs, friday: arms, abs 3 days a week)

send more info,, ie exercise selection, reps/set scheme,, am willing to give advice

PS. shoulders the day after bench/back is not the greatest of idea's. please stick to starting strength or another 5x5 program. best way to start as a beginner.

Oh ok.
Well, if that's the case, how do you feel about an upper lower split for a beginner? If that's ok, then i'll sort out my exercices and rep schemes, etc. accordingly

Actually, btw, my original split program was, mon: chest/back, wed: arms, thurs: legs, saturday: shoulders, which seemed to work fine, but I guess, I wanted to finish all my training before the weekend.