I'm Ready to Cut and Run

[quote]doogie wrote:
I’m all for setting up bases in the north and letting the military sweep in and clean house when needed. That’s what the military is for.

It’s this policing at the whim of the Iraqi PM that is intolerable.[/quote]

Shoot, I created a thread recently saying to relocate to Afghanistan, both to clean it out again and then to sit on the border and swoop in here and there as needed.

You starting to think like a liberal now Doogie? :wink:

[quote]doogie wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
Okay. So the U.S. ‘cuts and runs’. Then what? I’d like to hear the good things that you see happening as a result:

1. What does Al Queda do?
  2. What happens in Iraq?
  3. What’s the fallout for the U.S.? Is the U.S. more safe or less so?

If we can criticize, we can give alternatives, right?

I’m all for setting up bases in the north and letting the military sweep in and clean house when needed. That’s what the military is for.

Good thought. I don’t think it would work but an it’s an idea instead of an insult or a taunt.

I think having the military operate from bases removed from the situation would only allow the insurgents to fester and gain strength. But, that’s only what I believe.

Thanks for the serious post.

[quote]vroom wrote:
doogie wrote:

It’s this policing at the whim of the Iraqi PM that is intolerable.

Shoot, I created a thread recently saying to relocate to Afghanistan, both to clean it out again and then to sit on the border and swoop in here and there as needed.

You starting to think like a liberal now Doogie? :wink:
[/quote]

Afghanistan is too far away.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Why not, indeed? The terrorists aren’t going to attack Sweden. Or Switzerland. Or Poland. Or Canada. On this, I’d bet a million dollars.

They’re going to come after America, the tyrant state. They’re going to come after Israel, the tyrant puppet state (although these days, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to tell the puppet apart from its master). And they’re going to go after England, the original tyrant state.

[/quote]

Are you a ‘poster child’ for Al Qaeda?

Iraq is just training in Police State tactics that will be put to use here in America in the very near future.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
Okay. So the U.S. ‘cuts and runs’. Then what? I’d like to hear the good things that you see happening as a result:

1. What does Al Queda do?
  2. What happens in Iraq?
  3. What’s the fallout for the U.S.? Is the U.S. more safe or less so?

If we can criticize, we can give alternatives, right?

It is time for you to move far away from the refineries. The emissions are starting to get to you.

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
Iraq is just training in Police State tactics that will be put to use here in America in the very near future.[/quote]

They might want to try for better tactics, since those being used in Iraq aren’t working so well.

[quote]pookie wrote:
They might want to try for better tactics, since those being used in Iraq aren’t working so well.
[/quote]

I think US civilians will start out better armed too…

[quote]vroom wrote:
pookie wrote:

I think US civilians will start out better armed too…[/quote]

Good point.

Don’t forget, though, that on average, they constitute much larger, slower moving targets.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
It is time for you to move far away from the refineries. The emissions are starting to get to you.[/quote]

… says the guy in New Jersey…

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
It is time for you to move far away from the refineries. The emissions are starting to get to you.

… says the guy in New Jersey…[/quote]

I live more than 60 miles from the nearest oil refinery in NJ while Doogie has stated that he can smell them from his front door.

…swing and a miss…

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:

… says the guy in New Jersey…[/quote]

Even his Marmaduke is coated in emissions.

Look how nicer he looks after a good bath.

[quote]
doogie wrote:

Marmadogg wrote:
It is time for you to move far away from the refineries. The emissions are starting to get to you.[/quote]

So you are FOR our troops being ordered around by the Iraqi PM?

And FYI, now that the wind is out of the north, I smell cow shit instead of refinery. Both smell like money.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
I live more than 60 miles from the nearest oil refinery in NJ while Doogie has stated that he can smell them from his front door.

…swing and a miss…[/quote]

Don’t spoil good jokes with your silly “truth” and “reality.”

On the bright side, I hear that in New Jersey, people are evolving… babies are actually being born with a teflon coating.

[quote]doogie wrote:

doogie wrote:

Marmadogg wrote:

And FYI, now that the wind is out of the north, I smell cow shit instead of refinery. Both smell like money.[/quote]

We should remove all Americans and nuke the entire country.

It would be cheaper and the terrorist can’t hate us any more than they do now.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:

…swing and a miss…

Don’t spoil good jokes with your silly “truth” and “reality.”

On the bright side, I hear that in New Jersey, people are evolving… babies are actually being born with a teflon coating.[/quote]

My son was born with half a coating as my wife is a Joisey girl and I moved here less than 10 years ago.

[quote]steveo5801 wrote:
vroom wrote:
doogie wrote:
Understand I still think we were right to go in. I just don’t want our troops being ordered around by the Iraqi Prime Minister to protect his friends.

Good thing the administration stopped using the phrase “stay the course” recently…

By the way, what is Canada doing to keep itself safe from terrorism? Do you even realize that if it were not for us, you people up there would be quite vunerable?

“Cut and run” is for cowards and for those who don’t have the stomach to do what is necessary to restore order and democracy in that part of the world. The terrorists are banking on narrow minded people like you and others to allow them to continue their reign of terror and to export terror all over the world – yes, even to Canada![/quote]

Exactly! If it weren’t for America stirring up so much hate, the terrorists might notice that Canadians have WAY more freedom than us!

Very interesting article from Newsweek from Fareed Zakaria, looking at how we should re-prioritize in order to “win” (in quotes because you need to define your objective first…):

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
100meters wrote:
steveo5801 wrote:
vroom wrote:
doogie wrote:
Understand I still think we were right to go in. I just don’t want our troops being ordered around by the Iraqi Prime Minister to protect his friends.

Good thing the administration stopped using the phrase “stay the course” recently…

By the way, what is Canada doing to keep itself safe from terrorism? Do you even realize that if it were not for us, you people up there would be quite vunerable?

“Cut and run” is for cowards and for those who don’t have the stomach to do what is necessary to restore order and democracy in that part of the world. The terrorists are banking on narrow minded people like you and others to allow them to continue their reign of terror and to export terror all over the world – yes, even to Canada!

F**king moron pissing on the sacrafices canadian soldiers are making in afghanistan,jeebus you really are an idiot.

Does that same logic apply to what John Kerry said about American soldiers? Or does your empathy for the soldier only extend to those NOT wearing the American flag?[/quote]

Why would that logic apply to John Kerry? Canada is fighting in afghanistan and making sacrifices. The nutjob above belittles (on purpose) that sacrifice:

“By the way, what is Canada doing to keep itself safe from terrorism? Do you even realize that if it were not for us, you people up there would be quite vunerable?”

That’s just gross.

Kerry screws up calling the president an idiot, and you pretend (painfully) that it was actually intended to demean the troops.

That’s just stupid.

Then you attack my support of the troops? Jeebus!

That’s just ironic.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
doogie wrote:

doogie wrote:

Marmadogg wrote:

And FYI, now that the wind is out of the north, I smell cow shit instead of refinery. Both smell like money.

We should remove all Americans and nuke the entire country.

It would be cheaper and the terrorist can’t hate us any more than they do now.[/quote]

I understand your desire to nuke Texas, but that seems a bit harsh, don’t you agree?

But if you insist, do we have to evacuate all the Americans? There’s a few that I want there when it gets nuked.