I'm Old, Not Obsolete

Finally got the pics back from the Pro’s vs Joe’s game back in July.

Here’s one of me bringing the puck up the ice with Jeff Hoggan NHL/AHL

3 Likes

Here’s the toe save the goalie made on a redirection shot from me. I’m on the left side of the pic.

2 Likes

Congrats on the Chivas! Bummer on the losing part.

@2busy AWESOME!!! Hockey is such a badass sport :smirk: I would do well to just skate.

1 Like

20160829 - 531 C29W3 and stuff

Well the stuff was first.

Thunderstorm rolling in. I pull into the gym parking lot, happy to just beat the rain.

And there at the entrance is a lady lying on her side in convulsions, with a couple of guys trying to figure out what to do. They at least had her on her side so as she vomited, she wasn’t aspirating it.

Apparently the lady has a history of seizures. One guy was on the phone to 911. I go into the gym and ask the front desk if they knew they had a medical emergency going on out front. Of course they didn’t. Asked if they had a blanket or something to cover her if the rain started. Nope.

Went back to the Suburban, got the blanket out I keep in the back out, went and got her covered. Rain was not quite starting up. EMTs arrived and got her off for medical treatment. One of the guys there said he was her personal trainer from the gym. I told him to go look at her membership information and find out her emergency contact and to call them.

I hope she’s ok. She was crying and afraid when they put her in the ambulance. :frowning:

So now to lifting.

Military Press

55 lbs x 5
70 lbs x 5
85 lbs x 3
105 lbs x 5
115 lbs x 3
130 lbs x 3

Super-setted with Dead Lifts

125 lbs x 5
155 lbs x 5
185 lbs x 3
230 lbs x 5
265 lbs x 3
295 lbs x 3 - Last time I pulled this was May 20 and it was only one rep :slight_smile:

Accessory work was more of the same

Military Press

85 lbs x 50 x 5

Super-setted with Dead Lifts

170 lbs x 10 x 5

Bonus Lat Pull downs

120 lbs x 10 x 5

1 Like

OMG! Hope she is okay. Congrats on the 295x3! Think this I s the first time I have ever lat pull downs on here.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

Oh wait. They’re in the old training log :wink:

Oh, I guess I missed it.

If you dig far enough back in that log, you’ll find videos of me doing dips!

Ok… apparently the videos are in the original log… Which is now gone :frowning:

So here’s a throwback video for fun.

1 Like

Have you noticed most people are just DUMB when it comes to crises? Or try very hard to get close to watch, but try even harder not to get involved. It’s sad.

Yes, I have.

I noticed the people sidestepping to not get involved.

It’s a sad state of affairs.

I personally think some of it is from the lack of training.

I was in Boy Scouts, JROTC, ROTC, and the Army. How to handle first aid situations was repeatedly drilled into me for approximately 14 years.

Many younger people do not go through that now and have no idea on what to do.

1 Like

I hope she is doing well and feel awful she has to deal with that. Thankfully you made her comfortable and were caring with your actions. In a crazy situation it’s nice to have someone with their head on straight by your side.

Looks like you had a great workout :smiley:

You are just badass my friend.

Look at those dips! How long ago was that? That’s one move I just cannot do.

I work for a fire department, so I hear a lot of crazy ass calls. You wouldn’t even believe . . .

1 Like

I think that was Feb 2012.

I’m going to cycle them back into my routine as accessory work.

1 Like

I like dips as tricep accessory work. Like the set up you were using there as well. Dip belt always for me, I know some guys use a dumbbell but I never got the hang of them for dips.

20160901 - 531 W29C3 Bench and Squats

Bench Press

95 lbs x 5
115 lbs x 5
140 lbs x 3
175 lbs x 5
200 lbs x 3
220 lbs x 3

Accessory Work

Bench Press

155 lbs x 10 x 5

Dumbbell rows

70 lbs x 10 x 5

Squats

115 lbs x 5
135 lbs x 5
160 lbs x 3
200 lbs x 5
230 lbs x 3
255 lbs x 2 - these hurt in the knees.

Dips

BW x 5

I forgot how much my shoulders hurt during dips. Next time I’ll put the horsey sauce on my shoulders before hand.

Or skip dips. They’re BAAAAAAAAD for shoulders if you got issues.

20160902 - Hockey

Scrimmage - 1 hour

It was a surprise birthday party for one of the guys in our league.

Fun skate, missed levels. Made some good passes, surprised a few people.

Rehydrated well after the skate.

3 Likes