I'm Old, Not Obsolete

Yay! 10-2 sounds like y’all played great!

20170120 - Fun

Cashed in on my free tickets :slight_smile:

Opening Band

The main act:

2 Likes

Excitement! Jeez I think it’s been over 20 years since I’ve seen them.

1 Like

I’ve missed reading your log and comments on other topics :joy: You crack me up!! Happy to see your doing well.

1 Like

20170122 - Hockey

Refereeing - 2 hours

Right knee felt better, my skating was improved. Got a couple of pain twinges towards the end of the second game, but overall I seem to be improving.

Now to just try to fit lifting back into schedule.

20170123 - Hockey

League Game - 1 hour

Well, it didn’t go well, lost 3-10.

Here’s video of me doing my job, going to the front of the net to screen the goalie. My nickname here in this league is “Coach”.

1 Like

Hey Man Nice Shot! They wrote that song for you didn’t they?

I didn’t shoot. I screened the goalie so he couldn’t see the shot. That’s why my team was yelling for me to get my ass to the front of the net, lol.

Nice work. I’ve said it before but I have a ton of admiration for you picking up the game late in life and sticking with it despite a bad knee.

My son has the same role on his team as he is one of the biggest kids they have. Unfortunately, they are extremely short on talent and there aren’t many shots on goal. On the plus side after and 0-8 start they won 2-1 this weekend and he got the winning goal when he stole a pass in his zone, chipped it over the defender and had a breakaway. Goalie stopped the initial shot but he backhanded the rebound over his pads.

Took our goalie, who has some talent, to the game as well. He made over 30 stops including a game saver with inside of a minute left. It was a happy ride back home.

1 Like

Well, to quote a favorite hockey movie…

Hopefully your son will continue playing and learn to love the game!

And thanks. This has been quit the adventure.

20170124 - Hockey

Scrimmage - 40 minutes

It was supposed to be a scrimmage to prepare for a tournament in a couple of weeks.

Only 14 skaters showed up, so that was 2 on the bench each side.

40 minutes in, my right knee said it was done.

I listened and cut the session short.

20170125 - Hockey

Skating Lessons - 1 hour
Wednesday Night’s Men Scrimmage - 1 hour

Right knee hurt during lessons a bit. Iced knee down between skates.

Lots of guys at the scrimmage so I took short shifts. Made some good plays, surprised a couple of guys while playing defense.

20170126 - Hockey

League Game - 1 hour

Lost 4-5 against the number 2 team. We needed to put more shots on net.

I have been pushing my knee now 6 days straight, with a total of almost 7 hours of skating.

It was sore today but not really too bad.

Hope to lift tomorrow and then 2 hours of refereeing Saturday.

20170129 - Hockey

Refereeing - 2 hours

Skipped lifting on Friday, Knees were sore.

Refereed 2 games on Saturday. Knees actually felt pretty good. I pushed the skating some, and worked on speed when returning pucks from icings.

The right knee felt slightly off towards the end of the last game, but overall, I was pretty happy with how it felt.

1 Like

So I ended up skating almost 9 hours in a week. That’s the most I have had in a maybe a couple of years.

Hoping that I am finally getting past my knee problems.

1 Like

20170129 - 531 - C33W2 Bench and Squat

Bench Press

95 lbs x 5
115 lbs x 5
140 lbs x 3
165 lbs x 3
185 lbs x 3
205 lbs x 2*
210 lbs x 2

• Funny how one can accidentally put a 5 lb weight on one side and a 10 lb on the other side, and realize a couple of reps in that one side seems a lot harder to press then the other side…

Oops

Accessory Bench

155 lbs x 10 x 2, 8
135 lbs x 10, 7 - this was the cost of not lifting for 2 weeks.

Squats

110 lbs x 5
135 lbs x 5
160 lbs x 3
195 lbs x 3
215 lbs x 3
240 lbs x 5

Right knee was sore again.

20170130 - Hockey

League Game - 1 hour

Lost 3-4. Helped with the 3rd goal by getting into a shoving match with the other teams defense in front of the net and screened the goalie. Other team scored with 30 seconds left in the game. Thought we were going to get to a shootout.

@ChickenLittle this is what I’ve got on short notice for you :wink:

Mmmm… mmmm… delicious!

You have calves!! I’m not sure what I have.