I'm Not Losing Fat, Please Help

I am on my 3rd week of the Superhero Workout I have been givingmy all to the workouts and I love them. The problem is I am barely losing any fat.
My stats are:
start - 38 years old
216 Lbs - 26% body fat

week 3 - still 38
210 Lbs - 22.6% body fat

I am eating very clean my diet is here

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1090117&pageNo=0#1090117

I have changed it so that I am drinking shakes 3 times a day. I am taking creatine and fishoil (thanks to whomever said to freeze them)

I have only lost about 6lbs in 2 or so weeks. Should I be doing more cardio? I work out around 12:00 pm
I currently get around 30 minutes of brisk walking a day.
Should I have started with a different workout plan?
I know pictures get you guys commenting so here are 2 of me. Any help is always appreciated.

I think the major thing that you have to realise here is atleast your body fat% is going in the right direction and that is down. Rome wasnt built in a day… and fat seems to take even longer than that.

According to your numbers, if they are accurate, you have lost 9lbs fat and gained 3 lbs LBM in three weeks. That is fantastic! Anything much faster than that will involve a knife and a vacuum. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s obviously working.

[quote]Bob423 wrote:
According to your numbers, if they are accurate, you have lost 9lbs fat and gained 3 lbs LBM in three weeks. That is fantastic! Anything much faster than that will involve a knife and a vacuum. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s obviously working. [/quote]

I didn’t think of it that way i thought I was supposed to be averaging 5 1bs a week?

IF i increased cardio would that help lose more fat or could it affect my muscle development?
I understand I won’t lose it all in a week I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything I could to get rid of this fat problem I have.

[quote]Bob423 wrote:
According to your numbers, if they are accurate, you have lost 9lbs fat and gained 3 lbs LBM in three weeks. That is fantastic! Anything much faster than that will involve a knife and a vacuum. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s obviously working. [/quote]

I have to agree with this. Stick to it, there is no magic bullet.

Just put your head down, and keep chugging along. Take a step back and look back up in a couple of months, and you will be quite astonished.

You are doing better than average, which is about a pound or two per week of fat loss. You may want to add some of the new HOT-ROX later on, but really dude, you’re making good, fast progress!

[quote]fuel123 wrote:
Bob423 wrote:
According to your numbers, if they are accurate, you have lost 9lbs fat and gained 3 lbs LBM in three weeks. That is fantastic! Anything much faster than that will involve a knife and a vacuum. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s obviously working.

I didn’t think of it that way i thought I was supposed to be averaging 5 1bs a week?

IF i increased cardio would that help lose more fat or could it affect my muscle development?
I understand I won’t lose it all in a week I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything I could to get rid of this fat problem I have.[/quote]

just calm down.

more cardio? no.

keep on trucking. you are not alone in getting annoyed at how long it takes to lose fat. on the flipside, how many years did it take you to put it on?

take another picture in three weeks and compare. (actually, i prefer 4 week blocks.)

Thanks everyone I just was getting a bit worried I thought I might have been doing something wrong. But I do feel stronger and I have lost some size from my waist so i will keep moving forward.

I would take HOT-ROX but all of the pills I have tried have all made me super hyper and gave me headaches.

I just have to wonder.

Are you just beginning working out? Fat loss and mass gains like that in a week is really impressive.

Josh

You shouldn’t be loosing more than 2 pounds a week.

Most of the time if you loose more, that would be most likely water and muscle at a certain point.

[quote]EnTransit wrote:
I just have to wonder.

Are you just beginning working out? Fat loss and mass gains like that in a week is really impressive.

Josh[/quote]

I have been working out on and off for a year but nothing like the Superhero Workout. Plus I used to eat a lot of junk food.

I wish I didn’t lose fat that well.

To echo everybody else, you’re doing better than fine. Keep the faith and stick with your current routine.

Congrats.

[quote]Hekk wrote:

Most of the time if you loose more, that would be most likely water and muscle at a certain point.[/quote]

Yes, I wouldn’t want to loose any faster than that. If I did, my pants might be too lose.

Your changes in body composition for a beginner are completely awesome. You are definitely on a path to acheive what you want, just keep at it and you will get there sooner than you realize.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
Your changes in body composition for a beginner are completely awesome. You are definitely on a path to acheive what you want, just keep at it and you will get there sooner than you realize. [/quote]

damn I feel so much better then I did. I tend to over analyze things and this was one of them. I will definitely post a week 4 picture
thanks again for the words of encouragement

I agree, relax your doing very well…

Down 6 pounds overall in 3 weeks, that’s really respectable. If you’ve only done 3 weeks worth of work imagine in five years. Hell, some poeple can’t loose 6 pounds if you gave them a lifetime.

Keep up the good work.

KCB.

An advise from an a friend thru e-mail,
“… Remmember that
if youre doing intense activity the metabolic pathway used by the body for
fuel is glycogen or stored carbohydrates in the muscles, but if its a light
activity such as brisk walking, the body is using fat for fuel, so, if you
wanna loose fat, do light exercises but for loooong period at a time, thats
the key. That should also explain why spot training doesnt work, only
newbies in the gym do this, then a month later you dont see them anymore
because they get frustrated for not seeing results.”

Well add to that - I usually loss dramatic weight when I don’t gorge any form of carbo after 6 and sometimes I work out on an empty stomach (not hungry stomach) on doing high reps sets.

Hope this helps.

You are doing well… Keep at it… Don’t change anything until you stop losing about 1-2lb of fat a week. When you do then it’s time to increase cardio and/or reduce calories and/or etc…

I had the same issue. I thought I wasn’t gaining. Now I look back and I have addd 8Kg in 4.5 months… what about 2 Kg a month which is about 1lb a week… so spot on and the change is definetely visible!

All good advice I appreciate everyones effort. Week 3 flew by and I am on to week 4 in the superhero work out.

fuel

[quote]Hekk wrote:

Most of the time if you loose more, that would be most likely water and muscle at a certain point.[/quote]

Why? This commandment has been repeated so many times I don’t think people know why they say it. Overfat, beginners can lose fat rapidly and gain lean tissue. I have read articles on both sides of the fence. What do you believe and why?