I'm Not Hungry Anymore.

In the metaphorical sense, yes, I am very hungry-- hungry to lift weights, to add weight to the bar each week and abide by a strict training protocol.

But literally, I’m not hungry anymore.

I’ll give a short background of my situation: I spent the summer in Colombia, where I became sick and my bodyweight fell from 175 pounds to 160 pounds. When I came back in September, I bought a membership to the gym and began training for mass/strength.

I am now 192 pounds, and suddenly, my appetite is gone since Thursday.

My question to you lifters is: should I listen to my body and lay off training for mass temporarily, or should I find an alternative means of consuming calories? I’d appreciate your opinions.

Thanks.

Keep lifting.

Get up a half hour earlier in the morning and go for a 30 min walk on an empty stomach, brisk but not too intense. You’ll suddenly be starving all day.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Keep lifting.

Get up a half hour earlier in the morning and go for a 30 min walk on an empty stomach, brisk but not too intense. You’ll suddenly be starving all day.[/quote]

I’ll try it. Thanks.

Have you swallowed any Tape Worm lately?

j/k… have you?

[quote]elusive wrote:
Have you swallowed any Tape Worm lately?

j/k… have you?[/quote]

Ha. Tests were negative

If you’re not hungry, and (as I have felt sometimes) feel sick when eating a lot - just dial back the eating AS LONG AS you keep training the way you are.

I’ve done this and my appetite returned after a few days.