T Nation

I'm New to Body Building, Please Read

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
ninjaboy wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:I try not to suggest Rippetoe to every beginner that comes on this site, but it is ideal.
It’s hard not too, there aren’t many programs that make a better starting point for 90% of the beginners who post on here.

I can’t hold myself back haha. I’ve post it in nearly every thread on this forum.[/quote]

‘The force is strong young Jedi.’ I know. I can’t hold back either.

Here ,is my meals for today. cottagecheese with fish oil 500 cal,oatmeal with raisins 500 cal,bacon eggs 500 cal,chicken and green veggies 500 calories.2000 total hows that look for a weight loss diet?I will workout tommorow and have my oatmeal after my workout.

Is oatmeal ok to have after a workout or should i have another carb to replinish my glycogen?I herd fruit is no good because it has fructose i dont know.

Thanks

I would change your diet as follows.

1. Have green veggies with each meal (or a small serving of fruit).
  2. Replace the bacon with turkey sausage or some other lean meat
  3. Have an egg with your oatmeal or some other source of protein.
  4. Split one of your meals into 2 snacks, so you can space things out more and have your meals 2-3 hours apart instead of 3-4 hours apart.
    Personally, I love oatmeal with blueberries mixed in and a protein shake as a post workout meal. I wouldn’t go fruit only, but having some berries won’t hurt you at all.

In the origional post, it said ur aiming for 3-4lb per week? Im no expert, but a safe amount of weight loss is 1-2lb, am i right? When i was dropping weight, at the start, i was losing weight REALLY fast, near in the middle it was 10lb/month, which is like 2.5lb/week, and at the end it was 1 or 2lb per month. Heres something that helped me a LOT. I starting taking in Omega-3’s through many different oils (a mixture i bought) and in 3-4 days i dropped 4-8lb (not exact, because it could have been water or food storage). I HIGHLY suggest some omega-3s and healthy fats.

(Once again, i am NOT an expert, its just from my personal experience. Just incase, i dropped from over 25%bf at around 200lb (too shy to weigh myself, but last time i did before i started dieting i was at 90kgs.) to what i am now, at around 12-15% 172-176lb)

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
In the origional post, it said ur aiming for 3-4lb per week? Im no expert, but a safe amount of weight loss is 1-2lb, am i right? When i was dropping weight, at the start, i was losing weight REALLY fast, near in the middle it was 10lb/month, which is like 2.5lb/week, and at the end it was 1 or 2lb per month. Heres something that helped me a LOT. I starting taking in Omega-3’s through many different oils (a mixture i bought) and in 3-4 days i dropped 4-8lb (not exact, because it could have been water or food storage). I HIGHLY suggest some omega-3s and healthy fats.

(Once again, i am NOT an expert, its just from my personal experience. Just incase, i dropped from over 25%bf at around 200lb (too shy to weigh myself, but last time i did before i started dieting i was at 90kgs.) to what i am now, at around 12-15% 172-176lb)[/quote]

You got any progress pics, that’s some good work.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
ahzaz wrote:

(Once again, i am NOT an expert, its just from my personal experience. Just incase, i dropped from over 25%bf at around 200lb (too shy to weigh myself, but last time i did before i started dieting i was at 90kgs.) to what i am now, at around 12-15% 172-176lb)

You got any progress pics, that’s some good work.[/quote]

Had my cell sent for repairs, got it back yesterday, it has my camera in it. Planning on taking pics today. I have pics from near the start (2 months after working out, some progress already made) to 2 months ago. I’d rather not post in here, dont wanna hijack. After im “slighly satisfied” im gonna post a total progress thread in the preformance pics thread. For what its worth, i dont consider myself huge or anything. And im 14.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
ahzaz wrote:

You got any progress pics, that’s some good work.

Had my cell sent for repairs, got it back yesterday, it has my camera in it. Planning on taking pics today. I have pics from near the start (2 months after working out, some progress already made) to 2 months ago. I’d rather not post in here, dont wanna hijack. After im “slighly satisfied” im gonna post a total progress thread in the preformance pics thread. For what its worth, i dont consider myself huge or anything. And im 14.[/quote]

That’s cool. Congrats on the weight loss. What kind of routine are you doing? what do your maxes look like? You can just pm me if you don’t want to derail this thread.