I'm naked and I have a pizza

I knew if I titled this question “Tribex and women”, it would get passed over. Yeah, I did a search with minimal results. This forum tends to be a bit of a “boys club” and you guys don’t respond much to questions regarding womens training. Not to say that you are ignoring us, it’s just that you’re not interested in womens training…unless we’re naked and sweaty. Anywhoo…does anyone here have any information regarding women using Tribex 500; especially older females. I am in my late forties and would like to increase my testosterone for multiple reasons. First, to combat the effects of menopause. Tried DHEA and it made my hair fall out. Although it did seem to help my skin and normalize some of my hormonal balances. I am one of those females that apparently has very low T levels to begin with. I can’t remember the last time I shaved my legs and it’s hard to tell and I’ve always been that way. And now my hormonal levels have really dropped off. I’d just like to get them back up to normal. I gotta admit that I hope it would help my training also.
I don’t understand why Tribex would be a problem for women since it uses an endogenous system as opposed to exogenous T supplementation. Seems to me my body would self-regulate.
So if someone has some real info on this I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.

I think I had read on here a while ago about some women usung it with good results and no side effects. I imagine it would make a big difference.

I don’t have the answer, but good strategy!

I’m guessing that women produce testosterone via different means than men, no kidding, so don’t know if it would help or not. I’m sure some guru will come down with something more definitive though.

I found this, but it’s 3 years old. Maybe there’s newer data now, though.

“Will Tribex-500 work on women?
Tribex-500 has not been tested on women. Although it’s possible the supplement would have positive effects on lean body mass and sex drive, it might also have some potentially undesirable effects in women. At this time, Biotest Laboratories does not recommend that women take Tribex-500.”

I also found this, which is a little older and seams to offer a completely conflicting opinion from the same TP:

“Regarding Tribex-500, I’ve received numerous reports of women who’ve gotten impressive results. In fact, at this point, I’d have to say that Tribex works every bit as well for women as it does for men. Of course, females don’t make the same kinds of gains as males. But if you’d rate Tribex a “10” (on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being good) for men, then it’s a “10” for women, too.”

Why do we do this…

Let’s get naked…eat some pizza and then take Tribex and see what happens…

WHAT?! You don’t like pizza?

gojira, the active ingredient in Tribex is Tribulus terrestris. Tribulus terrestris raises Testosterone levels in men by increasing Luteinizing Hormone.

It does not look like increasing Luteinizing Hormone (LH) in women has the same effect as it does on men. High levels of LH contribute to menopausal symptoms, especially hot flashes. High levels of LH in conjunction with low levels of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) result in a disorder called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). LH levels, in conjunction with other hormones, are managed in cases of infertility.

My recommendation is that you research the topic further before you start playing around with your hormonal health. I’d further suggest that you talk with your doctor or gynecologist before supplementing with tribulus terrestris.

Honestly, if you know you have low T levels, complain to your doctor about low sex drive, lack of energy and depression. If after he sees the lab results he’s unwilling to work with you, find another doctor.

Good luck to you!!!