T Nation

I'm Having a Hard Time Sleeping

Z-12 doesn’t do shit for me. Tylenol PM is the shit for falling asleep, but I feel like shit in the morning for the first hour or two. It’s still better than not sleeping enough though.

Wow. I just COULD NOT sleep last night! I didn’t do anything different from usual – didn’t take any stimulants, didn’t eat anything unusual at dinnertime or in the evening . . . (I also didn’t take Z-12, which I only take once in a while, but I did take my pre-bed magnesium as I always do).

WTF?!? I went to bed around 1:00 am and NEVER fell fully into dreamland. I was always somewhat aware of being in bed, trying to fall asleep. Around 6:00 am I gave up and surfed the net and watched TV for about an hour, then I went back to bed and probably slept from 8:00 am or so until 11:00 am.

Oddly, I don’t feel at all tired now.

WTF?!?

[quote]Damici wrote:
Wow. I just COULD NOT sleep last night! I didn’t do anything different from usual – didn’t take any stimulants, didn’t eat anything unusual at dinnertime or in the evening . . . (I also didn’t take Z-12, which I only take once in a while, but I did take my pre-bed magnesium as I always do).

WTF?!? I went to bed around 1:00 am and NEVER fell fully into dreamland. I was always somewhat aware of being in bed, trying to fall asleep. Around 6:00 am I gave up and surfed the net and watched TV for about an hour, then I went back to bed and probably slept from 8:00 am or so until 11:00 am.

Oddly, I don’t feel at all tired now.

WTF?!?[/quote]

Maybe you’re better rested than you think, and don’t need it as much? Anything else on your mind - maybe subconcious stress?

Also, I’m aware Z-12 is for made for sleep, but I never rule out anything when I am trying to find what’s causing a problem.