I'm Going Bald!

I can’t believe it!

After 32 years of having beautiful and thick hair I’m finally losing it!

I thought that I was under the gun after hitting 30 years of age, but I guess that I was wrong.

To all you bald or balding guys out there, are you using any products to stop further hair lose (or preferably regain growth)?

Thanks guys,

Fragile Ego

[quote]Burger King wrote:
I can’t believe it!

I thought that I was under the gun after hitting 30 years of age, but I guess that I was wrong.

To all you bald or balding guys out there, are you using any products to stop further hair lose (or preferably regain growth)?

Thanks guys,

Fragile Ego[/quote]

Shave it!

To all you bald or balding guys out there, are you using any products to stop further hair lose [/quote]

Yes.

But then, I’m bald by choice.

If you get over it, you won’t even have to pay one cent to fix your supposed problem.

I can’t believe it!

Thanks guys,

Fragile Ego[/quote]

47 with thinning hair. Have not, will not ever use anything to “stop” further hair loss.

Of course, this IS the inter-net so,
let me say that I’m also SO damn good looking that with or without hair I look 19.

Look, old guys that comb over, color, put on a wig, try plugs or transplants,
still LOOK OLD. You can NOT stop the process.
Do yourself a favor. Stay in good shape, maintain a good diet, lift hard and don’t worry about trying to look 20. IT AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN!

hit up elitefts.com and buy the headblade.

I’d rather not shave it at this point.

And I don’t believe that wanting to stop further hair loss is a desperate attempt to regain my youth. Well, not anymore so then wanting to stay fit and active.

What’s killing me is that my hair was such a large part of my identity. It was really long (led zeppelin style) up until 7 years ago and all women loved it. People I barely knew would call me Samson; that’s how nice it was! Man, I cannot believe that it’s coming to an end.

I think that I’m still in shock, as its only become obvious to me this week that its disappearing.

I’d rather not shave it at this point.

And I don’t believe that wanting to stop further hair loss is a desperate attempt to regain my youth. Well, not anymore so then wanting to stay fit and active.

What’s killing me is that my hair was such a large part of my identity. It was really long (led zeppelin style) up until 7 years ago and all women loved it. People I barely knew would call me Samson; that’s how nice it was! Man, I cannot believe that it’s coming to an end.

I think that I’m still in shock, as its only become obvious to me this week that its disappearing. [/quote]

Listen,
A few years ago I looked like Gino Vannnelli did back in the '70s.
I understand what you are going through. But, and I hate to say this,
you need to get a grip on life, reality, mortality and the whole aging thing. Whatever you do, don’t try to look like you did 5 or 10 years ago.
You’ll wind up looking like a fool.
Age gracefully. Stay in shape, workout hard and you’ll always stay ahead of the curve.
You simply can’t go back. Hate to break it to you sport but that is just the way it is.

[quote]Go-Rilla wrote:
Listen,
you need to get a grip on life, reality, mortality and the whole aging thing. Whatever you do, don’t try to look like you did 5 or 10 years ago.
Age gracefully. Stay in shape, workout hard and you’ll always stay ahead of the curve.
You simply can’t go back. Hate to break it to you sport but that is just the way it is.
[/quote]

I know that your right, but I’m still in shock! lol

SERENITY NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Go-Rilla wrote:
Listen,

I know that your right, but I’m still in shock! lol

SERENITY NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

[/quote]

I know. I’ve been there and understand.
It’s probably a good thing that I can’t have long, curly, thick hair now, because I probably would. Along with grey temples and wrinkles around the eyes and I’d look like a fool.

I’ve got a convertable BMW, but drive around in a F350 Diesel (I couldn’t have done that 15 years ago if I tried). I have to put sun screen on the top of my head when I go out on the boat or I can’t comb what I have left the next day. It seems like it happens overnight, but it just takes us a few years to admit the truth to ourselves.

Hey, life is good. Have fun with it.
My daughter likes to buy me hats when she goes shopping, thinks its funny, and actually it really is.

I’m not 20. Don’t want to be 20.
Didn’t have any money when I was 20. Had a lot of hair but I kinda like this middle age thing so far. Hopefully I’ll continue on down the road to old age with health, wealth and happiness since I’ll be on that road weather or not I am.

Try to age like bruce willis. He seemed to handle it well.

I can’t believe it!

Thanks guys,

Fragile Ego[/quote]

Consider yourself luck. I am 24 and my hair started retreating from the front line when I was 21.

At least you got a solid 10 more years than me with your lovely hair.

If you actually find anything that works, let the rest of us know. I just buzz my hair. Everyone above is correct: trying to cover up your baldness is way more lame than just accepting it.

Jeff

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Try to age like bruce willis. He seemed to handle it well.[/quote]

I’ve not really thought about ol Bruce but, he has done a pretty good job of it now that you mention it.

That’s a good thing since nothing can be done about it anyway.

Grow your armpit hair real long and comb it over the top of your head. That way you will look like you sound…

Proscar, instead of propecia.

Cut it up into four sections (should be 5 to get 1mg doses, but I’m not that good).

Take one piece (1.25 mg) per night. It stops further loss.

Rogaine works to regrow for some men, and is now over the counter. Dutasteride is a new oral alternative to finasteride (propecia) and is supposedly more effective at regrowing hair.

neph is right about proscar, and I know a very good online pharmacy that sells the generics as well for a very solid price.

I am 21 now and started losing/thinning when I was 16, lol. Hahahaha, in the end its all bullshit (life).

I started balding at about 18, Im 22 now and I’m at the point where I buzz my head with the 1/2 inch clippers. I imagine by 30 I’ll have complete Male Patten Baldness.

No real information hear, just a sob story to make you feel better.

For what it’s worth, I have a thing for bald/balding guys.

So do a lot of women.

BarneyFife: You’re right, Bruce is doing good for himself. I’ll just have to learn how to do the 1000 mile stare that he does!

FFJeff, EmperialChina, Lonnie123 : Misery loves company, THANKS! (haha) I know that I’m lucky compared to some who lost theirs earlier, but as they say, “Give someone an inch and they want a foot.”

RoadWarrior: Instead I was thinking of doing a comb over starting from my ass crack. Hell, I could tell people that I have dreds!

nephorm: Why Proscar, instead of propecia? As far as Rogaine being OTC, I’ll have to look into that. I think that it may be different in Canada.

I’m 27 and I noticed I was thinning around 22. I tried the Rogaine thing and that didn’t seem to do much for it and I looked into the various medications but I pretty much decided I don’t care enough to pay that much money for the next couple of decades to keep some hair on my head. I would much rather spend that on pretty much anything else such as supplements, training stuff, video games…etc.

I’ve pretty much been shaving my head the last year and my wife convinced me to let it grow out a little to see how it looks. I usually don’t even pay attention to it anymore. It was kind of rough when I first noticed it and I was stressing about it but now I have a beautiful wife that doesn’t care less and at least I save money on shampoo and gel now! heh

I love using the mach3 to shave but I’ve heard good reviews about the Headblade.