I'm Getting Fat Again (Cardio)

or may i say im already there, im 235lbs, at 6ft. i know how to diet and am on a pretty goodtrack to knowing supplements, my question is, if the diet is perfect, how much cardio and how often do i need to do to get back down to 200lbs.? also what are your choices for supplements when slimming?

5 times a week for 40 minutes at a time. Make sure your heart rate is in your target heart rate zone for your age.

good Lord, how can anyone answer that question. Every answer is right and no answer is right.

[quote]PRBogey wrote:
5 times a week for 40 minutes at a time. Make sure your heart rate is in your target heart rate zone for your age.

www.briancalkins.com/HeartRate.htm[/quote]

Good lord go from none to 5 time a week WHY??

quick answer. More than now a session or two and adjust as needed.

Or eat less.

Phill

[quote]stewart76 wrote:
also what are your choices for supplements when slimming?[/quote]
First, learn what a supplement is for. It is to provide nutrients your body needs to stay healthy. If your reduced calorie diet is missing some things, take a supplement to provide it.

What are you constituting as a perfect diet? How many calories? Have you figured out your BMR, and how long are you weight trinaing for? The reason I ask these important questions is because you can create a calorie deficit for yourself and lose weight, but unless you know what that deficit is, you won’t know how long it will take you lose it. You can actually take all of the guesswork out of losing weight if you are aware of all the factors involved. I imagne you want to lose only fat and not much muscle. There are 3500 calories in a lb of fat. Once you figure out exactly how many calories you are burning each day based on BMR, normal daily activites and PA for training, you can then basically dictate through nutrition your body just how much and how fast it will lose weight.

For instance if you are 30 years old, weigh 195…your BMR will be somewhere in the neighboorhood of 1650. Then if you weight train, say you add 500 and do 1/2 hour of cardio which for lack of data we will just say you burn 400 calories. Plus maybe another 200 just for being alive (These numbers are in no way intended to be accurate…simply just for examples sake). That is a total of 2750. So, if you eat in the neighborhood of 2000 calories a day it would take you roughly 4-5 days to lose 1 lb. If you did this, consistently, it should take you between 3.5 - 4 months to lose 25 lbs

I suggest figuring out some of those most important details rather than shooting in the dark. What could be better than knowing how much you are going to lose and when you will be there? Good Luck!

If your diet is perfect for losing weight you do not need any cardio.

Low intensity cardio is not the best exercise option to lose weight.

http://www.alwyncosgrove.com/Energy-System-Training.html

This is absolutely the best summary I have ever seen regarding burning fat.