I'm Genetically Superior

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Synthetickiller wrote:
I wouldn’t mind seeing “average” articles for “average” joes and actually more technically, higher level articles for intermediate / expert lifters / athletes. Most of the stuff I read feels rehashed and not groundbreaking. Once in a while, something will come up, but in general, eh, not really.

I’ll go back to sheiko training and stop reading about ways to improve my routine. Seems to me I’m smart enough to figure that out on my own.

Most advanced lifters don’t even want to make this MORE technical or “higher level”. That would be because the basics are pretty easy to understand.

It seems the least developed are the MOST concerned with making this even more complicated.

The truth is, the majority of what you need to know is not complicated or overly technical. It is simple…that hard work is what gets you there, not hyperspecific training routines with extreme methods of food avoidance.[/quote]

I just mean “higher level” in terms of understanding metabolism. Maybe some chemistry, biochem, and stuff like that. Kinda of helps to understand just what everything does. Also stops idiots from saying Saturated fat clogs your arteries. It doesn’t. And if someone does in fact argue, my piont with be brought forth.:slight_smile:

Thats all I mean. I do agree with you. The more I read over my years of training, the more I’ve simplified things.

I’m gonna play devils advocate for a moment here.

If T-Nation runs an entire week of articles on a variation of ‘SQUATS AND MILK’ or ‘SHUT UP AND EAT’… I would leave.

Not true. I’d probably stick to the ‘get a life’ forum like I do anyway.

But it would be boring as shit. Yes, as a beginner you need to have basic shit ground into your skull. And then you can kinda figure it out on your own, so long as you go hard and heavy, right?

So why are we here?

Most of us buy shit from Biotest. If instead of this plethora of articles they had a big sign that said ‘do the powerlifts and olympic lifts, eat more to gain muscle, eat less to drop fat, and always eat a ton of protein’, none of us would be here.

People are talking about what ‘T-Nation’ is doing like its some giant on the hillside. I’m not about to go on a ‘we are T-Nation’ kick, but I think the problem is being blown a bit out of proportion.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
shizen wrote:
The average guy just wants to look somewhat fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Yaaaay, mediocrity!!![/quote]

Check out those calves. I bet some of us would kill for such calf size :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]A-Dog wrote:

I actually only observed a fatty:normal ratio of about 1:6 in a sample size of about 50 people. I think the fatties must congregate, most likely not in public.

Interestingly, only one in the sample size was anything resembling “built”.[/quote]

LoL!!! Thats just funny

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Every now and then one particular subject bugs the shit outta me (which is a lot as you can tell with the threads I make). I was skimming through the article discussions because, personally, I disagree with all the articles on here and I like to see what others think of them (although I did agree with Dave Tate in the recent interview article).

Like multiple times before, the usage of “the average person” came up. It’s been used several times as a defense for the creation of routines on here, or for other shit (e.g. “the average person doesn’t have the mobility to squat correctly”). I want to know why this site is catering to average people-for the money?

Okey dokey. Just wondering. And before that question gets answered, what the fuck is the “average person”? Here, the “average person” in the gym and town is lifting big weights and looks big.

I live in a rural farming town. Is there too much estrogens in populated city water or somethin’?[/quote]

This is quality trolling! My hat is off, sir, a giant doff of the cap!!