I'm Genetically Superior

[quote]Professor X wrote:
shizen wrote:
The average guy just wants to look somewhat fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Yaaaay, mediocrity!!![/quote]

When the fuck did the offensive line join the pom squad?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
shizen wrote:
The average guy just wants to look somewhat fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Yaaaay, mediocrity!!![/quote]

I hate to think that that’s average. But, this country is so fucking fucked at this point I’m afraid it is.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Professor X wrote:
shizen wrote:

Yaaaay, mediocrity!!!

I hate to think that that’s average. But, this country is so fucking fucked at this point I’m afraid it is.[/quote]

Same here.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
Professor X wrote:
shizen wrote:

Yaaaay, mediocrity!!!

I hate to think that that’s average. But, this country is so fucking fucked at this point I’m afraid it is.

Same here.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, that IS average. In fact, that’s pretty close to “normal” here in America. Tragic. Pathetic, even.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
Unfortunately, that IS average. In fact, that’s pretty close to “normal” here in America. Tragic. Pathetic, even.[/quote]

Really? How fat are people in most of the country?

All the hollywood diets, sushi, coke, surfing to work and dodging stray bullets must be doing us Californians good!

I wouldn’t mind seeing “average” articles for “average” joes and actually more technically, higher level articles for intermediate / expert lifters / athletes. Most of the stuff I read feels rehashed and not groundbreaking. Once in a while, something will come up, but in general, eh, not really.

I’ll go back to sheiko training and stop reading about ways to improve my routine. Seems to me I’m smart enough to figure that out on my own.

[quote]

Same here.

Unfortunately, that IS average. In fact, that’s pretty close to “normal” here in America. Tragic. Pathetic, even.[/quote]

Funny you should mention that.
According to (don’t hit me) Wikipedia, 64.5% of Americans are overweight or obese.
I heard the other day that apparently Australia has something like 60% overweight or obese.

I decided to try “spotting fatties” as I was driving. I actually only observed a fatty:normal ratio of about 1:6 in a sample size of about 50 people. I think the fatties must congregate, most likely not in public.

Interestingly, only one in the sample size was anything resembling “built”.

Average, in my books, doesn’t look like they train, doesn’t overeat, and if female has a bit of hail damage on slightly chubby legs, and a guy, has a bit of beergut and skinny legs.

the statistics for overweight and obese come from BMI pretty sure, that would basically put everyone on this site in that category.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
I wouldn’t mind seeing “average” articles for “average” joes and actually more technically, higher level articles for intermediate / expert lifters / athletes. Most of the stuff I read feels rehashed and not groundbreaking. Once in a while, something will come up, but in general, eh, not really.

I’ll go back to sheiko training and stop reading about ways to improve my routine. Seems to me I’m smart enough to figure that out on my own.[/quote]

Most advanced lifters don’t even want to make this MORE technical or “higher level”. That would be because the basics are pretty easy to understand.

It seems the least developed are the MOST concerned with making this even more complicated.

The truth is, the majority of what you need to know is not complicated or overly technical. It is simple…that hard work is what gets you there, not hyperspecific training routines with extreme methods of food avoidance.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Average person isn’t interested in stuffing down tons of food and training every day to get huge. Average person is concerned with health, and being healthy. That means they do lots of cardio and eat less. This site is not for average people though, most here eat more then average person and train for much different reasons.

I don’t know what kind of gym you go to but its not average by any means. In fact the lifestyle some of the more hardcore people live is not very healthy, the ammount of food and training they do is not great for heart. The average guy just wants to look somewhat fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I don’t see why you would care what other people are doing honestly their goals are not your goals. [/quote]

Well said on all counts.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:

I want to know why this site is catering to average people-for the money?

[/quote]

Exactly, for the money.

Not to make this personal, but I see your rating is 0. Should they be catering to you, or the people that buy shit?

I don’t care if you buy anything or not, but they are mainly in this for the money, as it should be. Do you question other services by asking if they are in it for the money? Of course they are.

The eating and training is not the dangerous part. Its the excessive steroid use that leads to problems in any of the “hardcore” crowd. (Notice i didnt say just steroids, but excessive use of them-5g of any compound a week is going to fuck you up)

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

shizen wrote:
In fact the lifestyle some of the more hardcore people live is not very healthy, the ammount of food and training they do is not great for heart.

The eating and training is not the dangerous part. Its the excessive steroid use that leads to problems in any of the “hardcore” crowd. (Notice i didnt say just steroids, but excessive use of them-5g of any compound a week is going to fuck you up)[/quote]

Carrying 100 extra pounds, fat or muscle is a strain on the cardiovascular system Obviously fat is probably much worse.

Add all the extra free radials from eating all the extra food and you can see that a get huge lifestyle may not help in the longevity department.

Of course all the extra muscle will help improve quality of life as we get older.

You wanna see average? Dine at an Applebees restaurant. The place is PACKED with “Eaters” (my new word for fatties). I ate there once, and just glancing around the place literally diminished my appetite to the point of almost being sick.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Carrying 100 extra pounds, fat or muscle is a strain on the cardiovascular system[/quote]

Not sure if this is fact, Zap. Resistance training, as I understand it, develops the body’s systems progressively. Building muscle is a cardiovascular builder as well. Remember back in the old days when “experts” claimed an athletes enlarged heart was a health threat? Today I believe it is acknowledged as an essential and beneficial result of hard training, and its effects on the body’s systems.

[quote]A-Dog wrote:

Same here.

Unfortunately, that IS average. In fact, that’s pretty close to “normal” here in America. Tragic. Pathetic, even.

Funny you should mention that.
According to (don’t hit me) Wikipedia, 64.5% of Americans are overweight or obese.
I heard the other day that apparently Australia has something like 60% overweight or obese.

I decided to try “spotting fatties” as I was driving. I actually only observed a fatty:normal ratio of about 1:6 in a sample size of about 50 people. I think the fatties must congregate, most likely not in public.

Interestingly, only one in the sample size was anything resembling “built”.

Average, in my books, doesn’t look like they train, doesn’t overeat, and if female has a bit of hail damage on slightly chubby legs, and a guy, has a bit of beergut and skinny legs.[/quote]

That 60% figure is BS. They use BMI to get that number, which would include everyone here in the “overweight” class.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

That 60% figure is BS. They use BMI to get that number, which would include everyone here in the “overweight” class.

[/quote]

HA! I wish all the dudes who posted pictures here were overweight or obese according to BMI standards.

I was “overweight” at 170 pounds.

take that shit with a grain of salt.

[quote]christine wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

HA! I wish all the dudes who posted pictures here were overweight or obese according to BMI standards.[/quote]

This is true.

BMI is such a load of crap. I just checked mine, and to be smack dab in the middle of the “normal weight” category I would have to weigh 168lbs. I am 6’3". After bones, skin, and internal organs, 168lbs don’t leave much else!

It’s pretty fucking obvious on sight if someone is a fattie(or an EATER - that’s gold!), muscular, or average.

BMI may be an old shithouse scale, but anyone with half a brain can look at a 6’3 110kg bloke and know if its fat or fit.