T Nation

I'm Genetically Superior

Every now and then one particular subject bugs the shit outta me (which is a lot as you can tell with the threads I make). I was skimming through the article discussions because, personally, I disagree with all the articles on here and I like to see what others think of them (although I did agree with Dave Tate in the recent interview article).

Like multiple times before, the usage of “the average person” came up. It’s been used several times as a defense for the creation of routines on here, or for other shit (e.g. “the average person doesn’t have the mobility to squat correctly”). I want to know why this site is catering to average people-for the money?

Okey dokey. Just wondering. And before that question gets answered, what the fuck is the “average person”? Here, the “average person” in the gym and town is lifting big weights and looks big.

I live in a rural farming town. Is there too much estrogens in populated city water or somethin’?

Hell yeah. I want more articles on Busch Light, John Deere tractor comparisons, and bull milking techniques. GIT ER DONE!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Hell yeah. I want more articles on Busch Light, John Deere tractor comparisons, and bull milking techniques. GIT ER DONE![/quote]

And more MotherFucking Goats!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Hell yeah. I want more articles on Busch Light, John Deere tractor comparisons, and bull milking techniques. GIT ER DONE![/quote]

Apparently you missed the point. No one I know has problems lifting heavy weights or eating. However, that seems to be an overwhelming problem with people coming to this site.

Also, haven’t you stated that you don’t even lift and just post here?

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Here, the “average person” in the gym and town is lifting big weights and looks big.[/quote]

If that’s true then I can’t imagine that you know what big weights and looking big are.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Hell yeah. I want more articles on Busch Light, John Deere tractor comparisons, and bull milking techniques. GIT ER DONE!

Apparently you missed the point. No one I know has problems lifting heavy weights or eating. However, that seems to be an overwhelming problem with people coming to this site.

Also, haven’t you stated that you don’t even lift and just post here?
[/quote]

No, I think I got the just of it. I just think you are being overly critical of something pretty insignificant so I’m filling your thread with my mindless shit.

Nope, I lift. I took a bit of a break from it last year, but I’m back bitch.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Hell yeah. I want more articles on Busch Light, John Deere tractor comparisons, and bull milking techniques. GIT ER DONE!

Apparently you missed the point. No one I know has problems lifting heavy weights or eating. However, that seems to be an overwhelming problem with people coming to this site.

Also, haven’t you stated that you don’t even lift and just post here?

No, I think I got the just of it. I just think you are being overly critical of something pretty insignificant so I’m filling your thread with my mindless shit.

Nope, I lift. I took a bit of a break from it last year, but I’m back bitch.

[/quote]

I thought it was significant; it’s like watching an invasion of people working half-ass with shitty excuses (e.g. being “average”) be to my home. But, if it’s insignificant, then I’ll just keep to myself about it.

Glad you’re back to the weights.

Does your birth certificate read “Special”?

[quote]dk44 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Hell yeah. I want more articles on Busch Light, John Deere tractor comparisons, and bull milking techniques. GIT ER DONE!

And more MotherFucking Goats![/quote]

bango boy!!

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
I want to know why this site is catering to average people-for the money?[/quote]

It’s about time somebody finally decided to say something about this…

edit: oh, wait…I just found about 30 or 40 other threads full of people wondering the exact. Same. Thing.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
I want to know why this site is catering to average people-for the money?

It’s about time somebody finally decided to say something about this…

edit: oh, wait…I just found about 30 or 40 other threads full of people wondering the exact. Same. Thing.[/quote]

Yea, true. I’ll let this thread die then.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
anonym wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
I want to know why this site is catering to average people-for the money?

It’s about time somebody finally decided to say something about this…

edit: oh, wait…I just found about 30 or 40 other threads full of people wondering the exact. Same. Thing.

Yea, true. I’ll let this thread die then.[/quote]

Not that I necessarily disagree, it’s just that I can’t see this coming to any sort of satisfactory conclusion.

Most people have stopped wondering why and have, instead, started wondering how to deal with it (the “General Fitness Forum” thread or whatever the hell it was called, for example).

Average person isn’t interested in stuffing down tons of food and training every day to get huge. Average person is concerned with health, and being healthy. That means they do lots of cardio and eat less. This site is not for average people though, most here eat more then average person and train for much different reasons.

I don’t know what kind of gym you go to but its not average by any means. In fact the lifestyle some of the more hardcore people live is not very healthy, the ammount of food and training they do is not great for heart. The average guy just wants to look somewhat fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I don’t see why you would care what other people are doing honestly their goals are not your goals.

[quote]baretta wrote:
dk44 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Hell yeah. I want more articles on Busch Light, John Deere tractor comparisons, and bull milking techniques. GIT ER DONE!

And more MotherFucking Goats!

bango boy!![/quote]

ahh i just creamed my pants on your avatar. to OP- and average? In my opinion “average” isnt genetics. Its the mindset. Average people go the gym when they can, not make time for it. Average squats 1/4 depth and rarely ever. average lifters are wastes of time, regardless of strength.

[quote]Contrl wrote:

Does your birth certificate read “Special”?[/quote]

The title of the thread is a sarcastic spin to how people say they’re “Genetically average”, when the problem lies in what Pipes said:

[quote]shizen wrote:

I don’t see why you would care what other people are doing honestly their goals are not your goals.[/quote]

Simply because those are the same people that come on here and say bodybuilders are nasty and getting big is stupid; etc.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Contrl wrote:

Does your birth certificate read “Special”?

The title of the thread is a sarcastic spin to how people say they’re “Genetically average”, when the problem lies in what Pipes said:

Its the mindset. Average people go the gym when they can, not make time for it. Average squats 1/4 depth and rarely ever. average lifters are wastes of time, regardless of strength.

shizen wrote:

I don’t see why you would care what other people are doing honestly their goals are not your goals.

Simply because those are the same people that come on here and say bodybuilders are nasty and getting big is stupid; etc.
[/quote]

yeah…i shouldnt get ahead of myself with a mini rant all the time

I like turtles!

DB

[quote]shizen wrote:
The average guy just wants to look somewhat fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
[/quote]

Yaaaay, mediocrity!!!

The average person does not lift weights.

I think the average American male is 5’11’ and 200lbs. They’re on the pudgy side but they don’t look fat with their clothes on. They’re not concerned with athletics outside of spectator sports. They can bench around 135 just because they’ve lived with planet earth’s gravity for a while. They don’t have the flexibility for a full squat.

I think if you randomly picked a man from earth, you’d most likley get a Chinese Farmer. He’d probably be 5’7’’ and around 120-160. He’d be smooth looking but he’d be fit enough to do manual labor and could probably possess the flexibility and strength to full squat his own bodyweight.

I think as far as genetics go I’m below average when I compare myself to other college athletes and I need to compensate with a greater work ethic, intensity, and spirit. But I’m pretty damn healthy and strong compared to a lot of people and I don’t have a “condition” like asthma or diabetes.

As long as you’re healthy, you don’t need thick bones and wide shoulders to be a great athlete. It helps, but mentality is the most important quality.

When these articles say average, I think they refer to the average skilled sophomore on a varsity high school team.

Even PX is joining in on the pictorial flames.

I love it and it should continue, as this site is getting proportionately more ridiculous.