I'm Carb Sensitive; What Is It Really?

If I am sensitive to carbs when trying to lose weight, what does this exactly mean? I know my body does not handle carbs well… My weightloss slows significantly when I eat more oats, breads, potatoes etc.

I started at 212… I am 185 now, but I take in a lot of carbs… What can I do to lower my carb intake?

lol, what

you eat a lot of carbs and know it, and don’t know what to do to eat less of them?

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
I started at 212… I am 185 now, but I take in a lot of carbs… What can I do to lower my carb intake?[/quote]

You can stop eating a lot of carbs for starters…

Nice job on the weight loss in spite of your carb infatuation!

I wasn’t asking the obvious, I was looking for more of a
“what can I substitute for carby foods and still be eating at the caloric level I am aiming for.” type of thing

If you mean that you want to eat the same amount of calories but less carbs, then eat more fats and protein obviously.
Replace some of those carbs with healthy fats.

mmm fats. I just had 5 teaspoons of evoo and 8 fish oil caplets…300 calories of fat right there.

Yeah, up the protein (anywhere between 1 and 2 g/lb bodyweight) and replace carbs with fats like

evoo
fish oil
flax seed/oil
avacado
fattier meats
raw nuts
egg yolks
macadamia/walnut oil
and other goodies

carbs are good to though…but not too many when cutting

[quote]Artem wrote:
If you mean that you want to eat the same amount of calories but less carbs, then eat more fats and protein obviously.
Replace some of those carbs with healthy fats.[/quote]

Pretty much this. Specifically, steamed broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil and Frank’s or Tabasco works nicely when I feel the need for pasta. Tuna salad sandwich without the sandwich is good, too. Just eat it with a spoon. You can replace the mayo with a ripe avocado or with mustard. Peanut butter can be eaten with a spoon, with apple slices or with celery. Chicken breasts or thighs can be roasted in pasta sauce and taste great that way. Cucumber with hummus is another good way to get healthy fat in, as long as your hummus has enough olive oil in it.

The only thing stopping you is your imagination (and probably your willingness to make some truly horrible tasting mistakes).

increase protein and good fats just account that fats and carbs have different caloric value. but that all you really need to do.

[quote]Anonymous Coward wrote:
Artem wrote:
Replace some of those carbs with healthy fats.

Pretty much this. Specifically, steamed broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil and Frank’s or Tabasco works nicely when I feel the need for pasta. Tuna salad sandwich without the sandwich is good, too. Just eat it with a spoon. You can replace the mayo with a ripe avocado or with mustard. Peanut butter can be eaten with a spoon, with apple slices or with celery. Chicken breasts or thighs can be roasted in pasta sauce and taste great that way. Cucumber with hummus is another good way to get healthy fat in, as long as your hummus has enough olive oil in it.

The only thing stopping you is your imagination (and probably your willingness to make some truly horrible tasting mistakes).[/quote]

I put on weight the fastest when eating a spoonfull of peanut butter periodically whenever sitting at my desk. Try to get natural peanut butter as the sugary ones have lots of… sugar, which are carbs…
Have some water nearby, but don’t drink too much while eating or it will dilute the peanut butter in your stomach a bit.

Cottage cheese is a lot of good protein and fats, but it’s pricey. A 4% fat tub is ~660 calories and 6 servings. I eat half a tub to a tub before bed.

olive oil is the easiest way for increasing fat intake but it is very low volume (most calorically dense) so you should increase fiber intake at the same time (by combining it with more veggies)