T Nation

I'm Bumming

My employer recently cut off access to all streaming media. I can no longer tune in to YouTube at work. No more movie clips, no more MadTV. My source of comedic enlightenment during the work day is gone.

DB

Pictures still work, right?

explosm.net has been keeping me entertained for the past couple of days.

Have you tried a proxy?

Shouldn’t you be doing some work?

I mean, you are at work, to work, right?

Not to be entertained?

What kind of country is it where workers don’t have access to streaming media at work, my god, call Amnesty

Try www.cantblockme.com

This worked for us at the school until that got blocked too. It took them a month to get around to it.

However…it depends on how strict your boss is, no reason to get yer ass in a bind at work for entertainment reasons.

I hear ya man. Our company has been blocking access to certain sites periodically. Occasionally I can’t get onto T-Nation as well.

What the hell do they think I’m here for anyway! :slight_smile:

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

Not to be entertained?

What kind of country is it where workers don’t have access to streaming media at work, my god, call Amnesty

[/quote]

What’s your point?

In all seriousness, I am more productive at work when I can take 10 minutes every so often and clear my head while watching mindless comedy. I’ve been doing this work thing for 20 years, so I know how to get the most out of myself over the course of a day/week/month.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
In all seriousness, I am more productive at work when I can take 10 minutes every so often and clear my head while watching mindless comedy. I’ve been doing this work thing for 20 years, so I know how to get the most out of myself over the course of a day/week/month. DB[/quote]

In all seriousness: If, after 20 years of working, you still work for someone else who can control your Internet usage, then you clearly do not know how to get the most out of yourself.

I screw around a lot on the Internet. Especially when I’m done with all of my projects. Working for yourself gives you that luxury. (Though is also means when things get busy, I work all-nighters - often consecutive all-nighters.)

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
In all seriousness: If, after 20 years of working, you still work for someone else who can control your Internet usage, then you clearly do not know how to get the most out of yourself.
[/quote]

Holy crap.

Is there some rule you follow that says you have to be a judgmental ass every time you post?

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
In all seriousness, I am more productive at work when I can take 10 minutes every so often and clear my head while watching mindless comedy. I’ve been doing this work thing for 20 years, so I know how to get the most out of myself over the course of a day/week/month. DB

I screw around a lot on the Internet. Especially when I’m done with all of my projects. Working for yourself gives you that luxury. (Though is also means when things get busy, I work all-nighters - often consecutive all-nighters.)[/quote]

Just because he can’t use the internet and has been working for 20 years does not tell you anything about his ability to get the most for himself. I think you just wanted to talk about how you work for yourself. Pros and Cons to everything.

[quote]vroom wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Holy crap.

Is there some rule you follow that says you have to be a judgmental ass every time you post?[/quote]

It is a talent.

Magarhe wrote:

Not to be entertained?

What’s your point?

In all seriousness, I am more productive at work when I can take 10 minutes every so often and clear my head while watching mindless comedy. I’ve been doing this work thing for 20 years, so I know how to get the most out of myself over the course of a day/week/month.

DB[/quote]

That’s true and it is good for people to take a break etc… and also it is not necessarily an indication that you cannot get your job done. It is just that I’ve seen waaaaaay too many people who do nothing BUT surf the net and complain about their job. Then again that is probably more the fault of the management.

Nevertheless, it is NOT their job to entertain you.

My employer recently cut off access to all streaming media. I can no longer tune in to YouTube at work. No more movie clips, no more MadTV. My source of comedic enlightenment during the work day is gone.

DB[/quote]

Dude, read best of craigslist.

hundreds of hours of awesome reading material.

[quote]vroom wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Holy crap.

Is there some rule you follow that says you have to be a judgmental ass every time you post?[/quote]

No shit. Why you gotta be like that?

explosm is awesome.

Also, look up guido and luigi. Funny ass gym cartoons.