I'm Bothered by my Toothpaste

There is something disconcerting about the warning on toothpaste.

“If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional help or contact a poison control center immediately”

So basically i use this product on the most sensitive and absorbent membranes in my body. Ok so i know flouride is bad. What about the rest of the compound used in toothpaste. What is the “paste” part of it? Turns out it’s aluminum dioxide.

And natural toothpaste has Glycerin. also a no no.

Then i always wondered why do i see black people in Africa, even in the starving portions, all with perfect pearly whites. Same with poor people in other countries like South America. Virtually no tooth decay.

We are supposed to have the most intense and thorough dental care system and education in hygiene. From cleanings, tooth brushes, pastes, rinses etc etc…What gives. I smell a rat.

Have you been to Africa? Even to the starving portions? There are plenty of examples of not so pearly whites. I haven’t been to South America so I can’t comment on that.

One thing I will say about the states is we have a diet with TONS of sugar. This is one reason for our lousy teeth. I’ve had a lot of cavities in my life, but I think that correlates directly with the fact that I ate a lot of candy as a kid.

Something tells me you don’t have firsthand knowledge of the dental health of developing nations, or developed nations for that matter.

Btw, swallowing some toothpaste isn’t going to hurt you, they have to put that label on there for legal reasons.

And why do you say flouride is bad? Or glycerol (glycerin)? You should Google both of them, you might learn something useful.

If you’re still scared, stop using toothpaste, or better yet, just don’t swallow it.

DB

I eat toothpaste.

[quote]Gregus wrote:

“If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional help or contact a poison control center immediately”

So basically i use this product on the most sensitive and absorbent membranes in my body. Ok so i know flouride is bad. What about the rest of the compound used in toothpaste. What is the “paste” part of it? Turns out it’s aluminum dioxide.

Then i always wondered why do i see black people in Africa, even in the starving portions, all with perfect pearly whites. Same with poor people in other countries like South America. Virtually no tooth decay.

We are supposed to have the most intense and thorough dental care system and education in hygiene. From cleanings, tooth brushes, pastes, rinses etc etc…What gives. I smell a rat. [/quote]

People with darker skin appear to have whiter teeth because of the contrast between the dark skin and white teeth. It only makes their teeth look whiter. Like you ever notice clowns or someone with white make up on, and they smile and their teeth look all dull and dingy? It’s like that, only in reverse. Serious.

Use Arm and Hammer toothpaste, and don’t forget to floss god damn it! You would be amazed at the shit that comes out from between your teeth, and it fucking stinks too.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Like you ever notice clowns or someone with white make up on, and they smile and their teeth look all dull and dingy?
[/quote]

I get what you’re saying, but lets not forget that clowns often have bad smiles and teeth due to bad hygiene and other bad life choices. You know, like becoming a clown in the first place.

I 'd cut that shit (brusing your teeth) out real quick if I were you.

Get out much?

Toothpaste and squats!

I have wicked teeth… want to kiss?

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
skaz05 wrote:
Like you ever notice clowns or someone with white make up on, and they smile and their teeth look all dull and dingy?

I get what you’re saying, but lets not forget that clowns often have bad smiles and teeth due to bad hygiene and other bad life choices. You know, like becoming a clown in the first place.
[/quote]

Their diets are usually pretty bad too - children are filthy.

[quote]Gregus wrote:

We are supposed to have the most intense and thorough dental care system and education in hygiene. From cleanings, tooth brushes, pastes, rinses etc etc…What gives. I smell a rat. [/quote]

You are one clueless individual. I will have to remember that when I was last in South America that all of those decayed teeth I pulled were all figments of my imagination.

Let me guess…you were there…last week?

[quote]Gregus wrote:

you’re ignorance is astounding

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:
Have you been to Africa? Even to the starving portions? There are plenty of examples of not so pearly whites. I haven’t been to South America so I can’t comment on that.

[/quote]

I have been to South America and can comment.

Many poeple’s teeth are horrid. I’ve seen children whose first set of teeth has rotted out because of too much sugar.

I’ve seen baby’s being feed bottles of soda. I have seen people add sugar to soda as well.

[quote]Christine wrote:
timbofirstblood wrote:

I’ve seen baby’s being feed bottles of soda. I have seen people add sugar to soda as well.

[/quote]

whaaaaaaat!!! people add sugar to soda!! I DO THAT TOO!!

[quote]Gregus wrote:

So basically i use this product on the most sensitive and absorbent membranes in my body.[/quote]

You mean you brush the crack of your ass?

That would be the stench of rotting teeth.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

Their diets are usually pretty bad too - children are filthy.[/quote]

LMAO!

This is why I love T-Nation, somehow we find a way to correlate toothpaste and clowns!!! F’in Awesome.

Here is my contribution!

Why Does my tube of sensodyne list only about .5% of the ingredients but the rest of the 99.5 is not listed?

I knew this thread would be inflammatory to many and others will think for themselves.

My toothpaste sits quietly in its tube, and comes out when summoned.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Why Does my tube of sensodyne list only about .5% of the ingredients but the rest of the 99.5 is not listed?

I knew this thread would be inflammatory to many and others will think for themselves. [/quote]

The only inflammatory issue here is the gingivitis caused by your poor oral hygiene.

Seriously, do you still brush daily in spite of all your fears regarding the contents of your toothpaste? If so, this thread is pretty redundant, don’t you think?