T Nation

I'm Back!

Muahahaaaa!

Who’s still here?

Holy shit!Good to see your name pop up here.

I thought someone had bumped a reaaaaaalllllyyyy old thread. The King of the Original Sticky comes back for more. Good for the board.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

LOL. Wouldn’t mind going to the Outer Hebrides actually. Nope, just laid off the juice for prolly 5 years now. Just checking in, seeing who’s still here.

[quote]Warhorse wrote:
LOL. Wouldn’t mind going to the Outer Hebrides actually. Nope, just laid off the juice for prolly 5 years now. Just checking in, seeing who’s still here.[/quote]

'Off the juice for 5 years;. Care to share your experiences with that? i.e. Training changes, muscle / strength loss vs. what you think was a ‘permanent gain’. I’m interested in how going off for a considerable time altered (if at all) your views on training etc.
I note that many ‘Drug Free’ PL feds have a 5 yr ‘clean’ period.

Nice to see you back!

Sure.

Pre-juice (if memory serves)

Bodyweight ~ 190
Bodyfat ~ 15%
Bench (Raw Touch & Go) ~ 290
Squat (Whatever your mom could do)
DL 315?

Here’s where I was at the end of my last cycle (2 cycles)

Bodyweight ~215 (@ 6’0")
Bodyfat ~ 14-16%
Bench (Raw Touch & Go) ~330
Squat (ATG) 390-400
DL 420

5 years off the juice

Bodyweight ~220
Bodyfat ~ 15-17%
Bench (Raw Touch & Go) ~345
Squat (Actual Parallel) 405x4 as last set of workout (~450 1RM)
DL 550

I never thought I’d be able to gain strength, but I did, especially on the DL & Squat. I attribute that to being very consistent and training smart so as not to get injured. I also had a great w/o partner from time to time and a couple top-tier natural powerlifters around for motivation.

The key for me while coming off and doing PCT was to continue working with heavy weights, and eating enough to maintain bodyweight, while reducing overall volume. That’s just my opinion, but it worked for me.

The biggest thing steroids did was help me break through mental barriers. Once I broke those barriers, maintaining the gains was just a matter of hard work and consistency. It can probably be debated whether I was at my genetic potential prior to taking the anabolic plunge (probably not). So, if I did another two cycles, got my bodyweight up to 250, I probably wouldn’t be able to maintain it. Then again, who knows?

Nice to see ya back bro;-) Maybe you should get some godzillabol.

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
Nice to see ya back bro;-) Maybe you should get some godzillabol. [/quote]

LOL. Good to see you too Wide. If I do anything again, it’s gonna be legit, legal HRT.