T Nation

I'm Back & I'm Sorry

“I’m back!
The fog is lifted
The earth has shifted and raised the gifted
You knew I’d be back so pack your bone
And hit the road jack
Cuz daddy’s home” (Kid Rock, 2001)

I logged onto T-Nation today as a friend informed me that the new look site was launched. This should have been a day of rejoicing but the cryptic post by Professor X has left many thinking he is gone for good and left people on a bit of a low. As it is often said, one door closes another door opens. Behind that opened door stands me, De Sleeplijn.

Reading through the majority of my 300 posts I realise what an incredible tool I have been. My dalliance with functional training has taught me a few harsh lessons in the iron game. A loss of 20 pounds was the result of a program which staples were a Swiss ball, BOSU, thera bands, and acting like a contortionist. My power lifting numbers went down but my transversus Abdominis Strength test score went up to 155 mm Hg. I’m sure that is French to most of you.

I’m not a small guy by any stretch of the imagination but a 20 pound loss made me feel more like Corey Hill and unworthy of my nickname Drago (Dolph Lundgren in Rocky IV). A nickname I’ve been given for my physical resemblance, not my bubbly personality :wink:

Anyway, the 20 pound loss brought me to the stark realisation that I was pissing on the wrong tree. There were 3 old friends I had to get in touch with; The Deadlift, the Squat, and the Bench. Nobody wants to feel as skinny as Corey Hill when you’re turfing drunk Maori’s out of a night club. Those guys are built for war.

I got back to basics and I’ve got back to a solid weight and feel very comfortable with being called Drago and my job.

Anyway the new look T-Nation marks a new era and I am looking forward to, as some of you probably are, the new era of De Sleeplijn. I’m looking to compete in MMA pretty soon and would consider myself an authority figure on Muay Thai, BJJ and Tae Kwon Do. I’ve competed successfully in power lifting and in the near future will compete in bodybuilding. As you can see, I bring a hell of a lot to the T-Nation table.

I am hoping that the bridges I have burnt can be repaired and we can get past the way we all acted towards each other. Humility and forgiveness are two things I am trying to preach these days.

Rest assured, I’m lifting heavy, looking heavy and fighting like a beast. I’m bodybuilding all the way baby and the functional horse shit has no place in my world. I’m back on the winning team.

Lift heavy motherfuckers!

De Sleeplijn

Nice work man. Good to have you back on the winning team. I’m yet to read any of your old posts but I will take your word for it that you were a tool!

Thats great but Im the new professor X…

Professor n3wb!

n3wb X!

All I need is to get a picture of my self screaming and Im set.

you all suck…i miss prof X, and i did’nt even know him :[

[quote]De sleeplijn wrote:
"I’m back!
<<<>>>
[/quote]

On a completely unrelated note. I have no idea what to make of it, but that avatar is both unsettling and hysterically funny at the same time.

Pics???

Wow, just wow.

Who really cares?

[quote]F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:
you all suck…i miss prof X, and i did’nt even know him :[[/quote]

Eat a cheese burger!

[quote]n3wb wrote:
Thats great but Im the new professor X…

Professor n3wb!

n3wb X!

All I need is to get a picture of my self screaming and Im set.[/quote]

I never set my sights on being the new Prof X. I think I’ve got a broader range on knowledge than he did. He was very bodybuilding oriented.

I’m a wealth of knowledge in many different areas.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
De sleeplijn wrote:
"I’m back!
<<<>>>

On a completely unrelated note. I have no idea what to make of it, but that avatar is both unsettling and hysterically funny at the same time.[/quote]

He is the Russian Kettlebell poster boy. Functional, jacked and all round larakin.

[quote]keaster wrote:
Pics???[/quote]

Keaster old friend. I am tempted to throw pics up there but this is not a positive forum for that sort of thing.

Arnold himself in his prime could have posted pics here and somebody would have shot holes in it.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
Wow, just wow.

Who really cares?[/quote]

I’ll tell you who cares, the people who PM’d me asking why I’d dropped off the Nation. There were actually a few that challenged me to a fight via PM so they are probably not that happy the man is back.

Peace.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:
you all suck…i miss prof X, and i did’nt even know him :[

Eat a cheese burger!

[/quote]

Touche.

I was originally against Prof X’s ways but having overcome manorexia, I feel the fast food did help achieve this truly jacked physique I now sport.

[quote]De sleeplijn wrote:
keaster wrote:
Pics???

Keaster old friend. I am tempted to throw pics up there but this is not a positive forum for that sort of thing.

Arnold himself in his prime could have posted pics here and somebody would have shot holes in it.

[/quote]

So the fuck what?

That’s a real shitty excuse man.

Especially from someone who was “calling out” people to a pic contest.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
So the fuck what?

That’s a real shitty excuse man.

Especially from someone who was “calling out” people to a pic contest.[/quote]

Ah yes. Kratos, my old nemesis.

Haven’t you read my apology? Forgive and forget buddy. Haven’t you read the caveman thread? If he got canned in here, what chance has anyone got?

I’m here to turn over a new leaf. If you can’t support my decision to have another crack at T-Nation, please leave my thread.

I’m all about forgiveness these days and not holding grudges.

Excuses, excuses. Your havent changed a bit.

[quote]keaster wrote:
Excuses, excuses. Your havent changed a bit. [/quote]

I have changed plenty.

now lemme ask who are you, whats the big deal on your come back and why do so many people dislike you? i mean…other than the fact you use BOSU balls. :slight_smile:

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
now lemme ask who are you, whats the big deal on your come back and why do so many people dislike you? i mean…other than the fact you use BOSU balls. :)[/quote]

I kinda pissed off the ‘in’ group on T-Nation. Just differences in opinions. I didn’t give an inch, they didn’t give an inch.

A had a brief stint on the functional bandwagon and I recently fell off it with a heavy thud.

The main points of dislike would be the fact that I subscribed to a form of training they did not.

I also was a bit obnoxious so that never goes over well when you’re a newbie with a different approach to the main stream.

My advice to anyone…

‘To avoid trouble just say nothing. Don’t rock the boat. Don’t even get in the boat! Just buy some ice cream and walk around the pier. But don’t go in the bathrooms; they’re filthy’

Still the best avatar ever seen by these eyes. For that alone, I give you 5 stars. You are my hero.