I'm an Idiot

I know nothing about steroids, let’s just get that out there.

Anyway, my doctor shot me up with 1cc of celestone for an infection I got from a bee sting. Not sure what the mg dosage was.

First of all, does celestone have any anabolic/androgenic effects?

Even if it does, is such a small dosage just this one time going to elicit any changes in strength/body comp?

Again, I don’t know jack about roids, if you couldn’t tell. Just looking to see if anyone can chime in and send me on my way.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
I know nothing about steroids, let’s just get that out there.

Anyway, my doctor shot me up with 1cc of celestone for an infection I got from a bee sting. Not sure what the mg dosage was.

First of all, does celestone have any anabolic/androgenic effects?

Even if it does, is such a small dosage just this one time going to elicit any changes in strength/body comp?

Again, I don’t know jack about roids, if you couldn’t tell. Just looking to see if anyone can chime in and send me on my way.[/quote]

If your doctor gave it to you - then don’t worry you wont swell up like the hulk, nor will you get tits like dolly parton.

NO!!!The steroids you got were for an infection not growth.There are all different kinds of roids but the only ones we care about are anabolic and adrogenic.

It’s a corticosteroid, not an anabolic-androgenic steroid.

If you were on it for an extended period, it would have an adverse effect on strength and body composition. However, a single shot isn’t anything to worry about.

I had the same questions last year when my witch doctors loaded me up with prednisone for a bout with chronic urticaria angiodema. I was on pretty heavy doses (120 mg/d oral) with the ‘longest taper in history’.

This perked my interest when I found my dick in the unemployment line, ate everything in sight, and developed a fairly bad attitude. These unsavory results caused me to research this shit day and night. Corticosteroids over an extended period of time really sticks it in and breaks it off.

[quote]AzLuke wrote:
Corticosteroids over an extended period of time really sticks it in and breaks it off.[/quote]

Hahaha, awesome.

thanks guys

wow, 120mg per day. Holy shit dude. I take 10mg per day for asthma. On bad days, I will take 20mg and hate it. 10mg is fine, but 20mg sucks for me. I can’t even imagine 120mg per day. I’m glad you got off that shit!

Not sure how much was getting pumped into me while in the hospital, but started at 120mg (60x2/d) when I was out, tapering down 10 mg a week (thus the longest taper in history).

I was completely insatiable, picking up 30 lbs of fatass in about a month. I had so much acne it looked as if I’d been quail hunting with Dick Cheney. The side effects were like having you ass kicked by drunk midgets. My joints hurt, was tired all the time but couldn’t sleep. EVERYTHING enraged me. I have never felt so weak in my life.

The Doctor (who bared a striking resemblance to Boss Hogg), with a smile on his rotund face, was happy to say “no weight training”, and only light cardio. ‘What can I do about this excess, weight, doc?’ ‘Deal with it, young man’. Talk about wanting to slap the bitch out of someone…

This was 5 months ago, and I’m still fighting to get the excess weight off. The only cool deal was the epinephrine (EpiPen) injections I got to take home with me.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

Yeah corticosteroids are baaaaad shit. I take it antihistamines wouldn’t have done the job? Did they even try you on them?
[/quote]

And they are also a miracle drug. I’m stuck with them because I can’t breath without them. Breathing is a good thing, and the cardio I can do (diet is first of course) with the steroids helps keep the fat off. BUT, I only take 10 to 20 mg per day, not 120, yikes.