T Nation

I'm Amazed With HRT

I just can’t get over the changes in my body since starting on 200mg per week five weeks ago. People think I have lost weight because I look different. I have actually gained about five pounds however.My watch is flopping around on my wrist and my gut is smaller making my clothes look better on me.

I mentioned in another post the other positive changes, and it seems each day there are more.More energy,more sex drive,more sex,better attitude.I don’t lift but this has been a life changer that’s for sure. I am excited and am keeping a journel to chart my progress and intend to get all the bloodwork recomended by Doc and Bigdawg and others.Thanks again for all the guidance offered in this site.As you can see it’s helped everything but my spelling.

Congrats! Are you taking anything with it? Arimidex or HCG?

Dopamineloveaffair

Thanks. No I am not. I’m just getting the information I need from this site.I’m blessed to have stumbled upon it while surfing. Some say information is presented to you when your ready.I guess I was.

I split up my dose as suggested.I took 100mg. T at 9am and by 8pm tonight I was so horny I couldn’t stand it. Made love to the wife for the third time this week. This is nothing short of amazing.My wife now wants to give me the shots.Sorry, I just had to share.

What is HRT?

Hormone Replacement Therapy.

lrrp11: it’s ok to brag. Make sure you get some arimidex for if/when you start converting some of that T to E.

I am waiting for my VA appointment on Dec13.I will ask my doc for blood work and Arimidex if needed. If she won’t do it I will go over the internet and take care of the problem.I have printed some information from this site for her and hope she accepts it in the spirit given.If not,it’s her loss and well as mine and others.

You might want to bring some studies (search at highwire.stanford.edu … excellent resource by the way), about the use of Arimidex in men for hypogonadal issues.

[quote]lrrp11 wrote:
I just can’t get over the changes in my body since starting on 200mg per week five weeks ago. People think I have lost weight because I look different. I have actually gained about five pounds however.My watch is flopping around on my wrist and my gut is smaller making my clothes look better on me.

I mentioned in another post the other positive changes, and it seems each day there are more.More energy,more sex drive,more sex,better attitude.I don’t lift but this has been a life changer that’s for sure. I am excited and am keeping a journel to chart my progress and intend to get all the bloodwork recomended by Doc and Bigdawg and others.Thanks again for all the guidance offered in this site.As you can see it’s helped everything but my spelling.[/quote]

200 mg/week is the minimum (or should be) for active men. Trouble is, doctors use studies using old fatties who sit in a cubicle all day. Shocking that a guy who does a MA and lifts might be better off with more T than Charlie the fat assed accountant!

I hear that. Our medical system works after there is a problem. Emphasis not on preventive medicine. Although I don’t lift anymore I take care of myself.59years old 5’11" 188lbs. 34 waist. One must take responsibility for their own health. And THINK for one’s self!

Ok, it’s been one week since I decided to split dose into two injections of 80mg.Down from 200 once a week.Nipples not nearly as sore,sex drive diminished somewhat,last night felt like crap untill injection this morning.I will see how lower dose works for awhile longer.I’m looking for the right balance with the least amout of T.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
lrrp11 wrote:

I mentioned in another post the other positive changes, and it seems each day there are more.More energy,more sex drive,more sex,better attitude.I don’t lift but this has been a life changer that’s for sure. I am excited and am keeping a journel to chart my progress and intend to get all the bloodwork recomended by Doc and Bigdawg and others.Thanks again for all the guidance offered in this site.As you can see it’s helped everything but my spelling.

200 mg/week is the minimum (or should be) for active men. Trouble is, doctors use studies using old fatties who sit in a cubicle all day. Shocking that a guy who does a MA and lifts might be better off with more T than Charlie the fat assed accountant!

[/quote]

Hey now headhunter what you got against us accountants sitting in cubicles all day?? Don’t make me call rainjack in here. haha

lrrp11, do check into the estradiol/aromatization issue.

[quote]lrrp11 wrote:
Ok, it’s been one week since I decided to split dose into two injections of 80mg.Down from 200 once a week.Nipples not nearly as sore,sex drive diminished somewhat,last night felt like crap untill injection this morning.I will see how lower dose works for awhile longer.I’m looking for the right balance with the least amout of T. [/quote]

If you have nipple soreness, you have estradiol issues and should jump on that ASAP as it is only going to get worse. Your doctor may or may not be up to speed on aromatase inhibitors so you should start reading up in case you need to self-medicate.

My Dr. appointment is Dec 13th so I was going to wait and talk to her.

[quote]lrrp11 wrote:
My Dr. appointment is Dec 13th so I was going to wait and talk to her. [/quote]

It is, of course, your life, your body, and your decision. But it couldn’t hurt to go into that meeting with as much knowledge as possible, especially since several guys who have already been down the same road you are on are all saying the same thing. Like I said, it’s your life, and your body, and you’re the captain of the ship, not your doctor.

Here’s an article you should definitely read and understand:

mesomorphosis.com/articles/crisler/
testosterone-replacement-therapy.htm

He specifically addresses “nipple issues.”

Here’s KSman’s thread that is another “must read”:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1399735

Good luck!

Thanks. I called my Dr. today and asked for a Estradiol test. I also left a message concering my nipple issue.I should hear back tomorrow. Now I’ll see what she does or does not do.That will be let me know what direction to take.All this info is new to me.I want to do the correct things but there is some lag time figuring it all out.

[quote]lrrp11 wrote:
I hear that. Our medical system works after there is a problem. Emphasis not on preventive medicine. Although I don’t lift anymore I take care of myself.59years old 5’11" 188lbs. 34 waist. One must take responsibility for their own health. And THINK for one’s self![/quote]
Why dont you lift anymore?..This would be theprime time to restart, take advantage, no excuses…

[quote]lrrp11 wrote:
Thanks. I called my Dr. today and asked for a Estradiol test. I also left a message concering my nipple issue.I should hear back tomorrow. Now I’ll see what she does or does not do.That will be let me know what direction to take.All this info is new to me.I want to do the correct things but there is some lag time figuring it all out.[/quote]

If your doctor gives you the “adex is for women only” speech, do what most guys in that situation do, get liquid adex and stop the gyno before it gets any worse. The changes in how you feel are probably more related to E2 than the Test level changing. And oh by the way, don’t forget the prime suspect in prostate enlargement “BPH” is directly related to Estrogen, so it’s not just gyno to worry about anymore…

EDIT: if you have a great doctor, you can discuss HCG too.

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
lrrp11 wrote:
I hear that. Our medical system works after there is a problem. Emphasis not on preventive medicine. Although I don’t lift anymore I take care of myself.59years old 5’11" 188lbs. 34 waist. One must take responsibility for their own health. And THINK for one’s self!
Why dont you lift anymore?..This would be theprime time to restart, take advantage, no excuses…
[/quote]

I second this. I'm glad your HRT is helpful, but the benefits of HRT are magnified by lifting-adding just a couple of pounds of lean body mass will help your metabolism, make you look better, and make you STRONGER. In this part of the forum nobody will care WHAT kind of lifting you do, even if its just some dumbell work, but we do care that you lift! Lifting is the fountain of youth. Doc