I'm a Sucky Christmas Gift Giver

I do not have a very creative mind for gift giving. I need help.

I know i’m going to get a book.

Has anyone read a really good book recently? I’m open to ANY suggestions.

Kite Runner.

Starting Strength

give the gift of jacked

Depends what the person’s into … i.e. what are their tastes? I know a lot of girls who are into Stephanie Meyer (i.e. Twilight) … I personally think it’s crap, but then again I read books about economics … uhm I read a book by Sloane Crossley that was entertaining and David Sedaris is usually a shoe in for a homerun for a casual reader …

Try going to like Barnes and Noble’s website and seeing what’s popular … or look at the NYTimes best seller list … come on kid, you have an imagination … use it!

How about a gift card?

Its a guy. He is into a lot of stuff. He has a variety of books by a variety of authors.

I’m just lost and I get a little scared that he won’t like it.

[quote]jchenky wrote:
Its a guy. He is into a lot of stuff. He has a variety of books by a variety of authors.

I’m just lost and I get a little scared that he won’t like it.[/quote]

naked picture. come on, someone had to say it

What kind of books? Are these artsy books? Are they books about science and math? Are these novels, if so, are they novels about action, suspense, etc?

Would he really want another book if he already has a library in his home?

Hell, get him a book based on your perception of what he would like and put a gift card on page 69. That solves your problem

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
jchenky wrote:

I’m just lost and I get a little scared that he won’t like it.

naked picture. come on, someone had to say it[/quote]

… a book of naked pictures? =p

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
What kind of books? Are these artsy books? Are they books about science and math? Are these novels, if so, are they novels about action, suspense, etc?

Would he really want another book if he already has a library in his home?

Hell, get him a book based on your perception of what he would like and put a gift card on page 69. That solves your problem[/quote]

He loves reading. The more books the better.

I’m just pathetic at gift giving. I get panic attacks shopping haha. I’ve decided against the book and just getting him a watch.

What do you guys want for Christmas.

Geez. I am that person shopping on the 24th.

Amazon gift card

/end thread

If that doesn’t feel personal enough make him something he likes to eat to go with it…cookies are usually good.

[quote]jchenky wrote:

Geez. I am that person shopping on the 24th.[/quote]

For my family to ask me for real gifts instead of asking me to buy them hallmark cards with cash in them. Money grubbing @@$#$%

Hopefully you get that guy a watch that’s adjustable to his wrist size. Or you get him a big watch and his wrists are too wimpy to fit. Akward

I still have to get one of my best friends something because he got me something…wish he wouldn’t have because I don’t want anything and don’t want to buy anything. lol

jchenky - if its a guy just give him a BJ. Seriously no gift better than a BJ.

On a serious note I wanted a new TV but knew no one was getting me one so bought my own new TV 2 days ago. I also want a laptop because my computer is sooooooo old and shitty. I want a PS3 or XBOX 360, leaning toward the PS3 because of the blue ray player.

Edit: Just to carify I didn’t ask anyone to get me any of those though because they are too expensive. I really don’t want anything else. All I could think of to tell my GF was I wanted a Norelco bodygroomer to make trimming it up easier and some more XL shirts since I’m sick of stretching all my larges before I put them on (I don’t like tight shirts).

The Kite Runner - By Khaled Husseini

A thousand Splendid Suns - By Khaled Husseini

Catch-22 - By Joseph Heller

Omnivores Dilemma - By Michael Pollan

Shantaram - By Gregory David Roberts

[quote]jchenky wrote:
[/quote]

Supplements. If you’re into him, get him a bottle of Alpha Male. He’ll get the hint. lol

I read a book called “Cool it” a while back. It was about climate change and how to save the world, etc… Very eye opening. Plus, if it ever catches on, I can tell people “I told you so.” And I’ll look cultured.

Freakonomics,- forgot auhtor
Rich Dad Poor Dad - forgot author

Freakonomics is by Steven Levitt

jchenky,

Get him Confessions of an Economic Hit Man or Freedom from the Known. Trust me.

Or both, actually.

If he likes autobiographies, he’ll really like Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman by Richard Feynman, the late American physicist.

If he likes non-fiction and, in particular, stuff like really abstract physics or science, he’ll like Hyperspace by Michio Kaku. it is about the history of all great mathematicians/physicists and their contributions to the eventual idea of an 11-dimensional universe.

Yes, you are a sucky Christmas gift giver. I have not received my gift yet.

[quote]josh86 wrote:
I still have to get one of my best friends something because he got me something…wish he wouldn’t have because I don’t want anything and don’t want to buy anything. lol

jchenky - if its a guy just give him a BJ. Seriously no gift better than a BJ.

On a serious note I wanted a new TV but knew no one was getting me one so bought my own new TV 2 days ago. I also want a laptop because my computer is sooooooo old and shitty. I want a PS3 or XBOX 360, leaning toward the PS3 because of the blue ray player.

Edit: Just to carify I didn’t ask anyone to get me any of those though because they are too expensive. I really don’t want anything else. All I could think of to tell my GF was I wanted a Norelco bodygroomer to make trimming it up easier and some more XL shirts since I’m sick of stretching all my larges before I put them on (I don’t like tight shirts).[/quote]

Who gives a fuck???^^^^^

Surprises are always great, surprise him with his favorite dinner and serve that shit in a french maid outfit. Thats all i would want…