'I'm a Huge Pussy' Log

I’ve recently realized that my mirror lies to me, alot.
I’ve also realized that my ability to deadlift 5 plates doesnt mean shit.

In reality I have a mediocre (if that) physique even in a commercial gym.

I’m a huge pussy, I’m weak, I have no chest and I have too much flab.

Hopefully this log will bring out some real assholes from tnation to rip into me and maybe help me along the way.

Info:
Height: 5’10
Weight: 205-210
Bench: 255
Squat: 405
Dead: 475-500 (it’s been a while)

Supps:
creatine mono
protein powder
fish caps
(more will be added once i get more $, ha)

Goals:

1. Size
  2. Bigger chest, bench 315
  3. lose the flab

Program:
Not sure. Working on putting together some sort of HFT

Please feel welcome to comment on my workouts or daily diet. I don’t really know the finer points of dieting so help there is most appreciated.

OK, I’ll go…

DLing 5 plates doesnt mean shit if you’re trying to gain size and you’re nailing it once. My strength gains gains insanely fast, and I found myself benching 315 within a year of training. I had only gained about a lb though. I lifted as much weight as I could, and no clue as to stimulating the muscle to grow, nor how to eat to allow the growth to take place.

How good is your diet? are you an ego lifter, or someone who slowly moves the weight and keeps constant tension? THere a re a lot more variables than how much you “lift”.

S

You fat piece of shit. lose some fucking weight and put on some muscle!
Thats for the motivation!

Now, like stu said post up your diet, as thats just as if not more important then your training program if you wanna lose fat!

Dead lifting 5 plates does to mean something. But you are on the right plan for your stated goals. HFT is the way to go for hypertrophy. You and I have opposite problems, I gain muscle more easily than strength, where as you get stronger more easily the gaining muscle size. We should trade, I give you some size capabilities and you give me strength. And give me your youth and your joints.

For diet advice, I’d look up articles by John Berardi. He’s probably the smartest mother fucker about nutrition I have ever read. I might even start taking his advise. His earlier articles are probably more what you are looking for in terms of diet creation.
Go here for his shit:
http://www.T-Nation.com/ALSAuthor.do?p=John%20Berardi&pageNo=1

I like this thread.

It’s hard to comment on your diet if you don’t post it you fat piece of shit! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

How good is your diet? are you an ego lifter, or someone who slowly moves the weight and keeps constant tension? THere a re a lot more variables than how much you “lift”.

S
[/quote]

My diet…well…I’d say that I eat good foods, but it’s the amount that gets me. I’m usually really busy so it’s harder for me to have to time to eat big. I know that’s a shitty excuse and I’m going to change it.

As for being an ego lifter, I’m not sure. I guess I’ve never thought about that before. I know I definitely don’t cheat by using momentum, if that’s what you mean?

anyways, yesterday I was hungover and slept until about 3 so I didn’t eat much.

breakfast: 2 wheat tortillas each with mixed cheese 2oz of chicken and an egg

protein shake with creatine after workout

2 cups of wild rice before bed

Lifts: all 4x6
deadlift 405
ex decline extenz 75
hammer curl 45s
pullover 65
decline plate crunch with 45#

Notes: I didn’t do split squats because my quads were really sore from squatting the day before. Only sore because I didn’t have access to a gym over winter break.

I’m sorry, you said you were trying to gain some size with a diet like that? I am shooting for the same goal and eat more than that before lunch most of the time.

You can lift all you want but if you eat like my 12 year old sister then you’ll end up with the same physique.

Breakfast today was the 2 cups of the wheat cereal with 3 cups of skim milk.

protein shake+creatine coming up soon.

Question: I’ve realized that I simply cannot follow the Waterbury HFT system with it’s twice a day workouts. I simply do not have the time to get to the gym twice a day. once is already a stretch.
Any ideas on what I should do instead?

Maybe back to ws4sb? I donno if that would focus enough on hypertrophy though…

What do you mean would it “focus on hypertrophy”?

Gaining muscle is mostly a function of your diet. You really don’t need anything fancy or complicated. You simply need to create a demand for growth in the gym by progressing on basic bodybuilding exercises, and then supplying that demand with nutrients all day long.

Any program that forces all your muscle groups to get stronger rapidly is going to be appropriate for gaining muscle as long as you’re eating properly. So you’re better off choosing one that fits your schedule well.

I donno. I guess I thought that ws4sb was geared more towards athletes who want to focus on overall performance rather than simply gaining size.

You’re right though, I should pick something that fits my schedule. I’ll take the rest of the day to think about it.

That’s impressive that you were able to deadlift 450-500 eating like that, or even being able to make it to the gym.

[quote]Rugby_Owns wrote:
I donno. I guess I thought that ws4sb was geared more towards athletes who want to focus on overall performance rather than simply gaining size.

You’re right though, I should pick something that fits my schedule. I’ll take the rest of the day to think about it.

[/quote]

Perhaps, instead of looking for a specific routine, look for principals that in tune with your goals and make up your own routine that fits your schedule and life style. The point of HFT is to work each muscle group frequently during the course of a week. If you can’t do two-a-days, (most people can’t) then work out a routine that will give each muscle group at least 3 work sessions a week using different exercises to accomplish the task.
for instance:

Day 1
Deadlifts
dips
pullups (wide, pronated grip.
Day2
Squats
Overhead press
bent-over rows
bench
Day 3
chin-ups (narrow, supinated grip)
close grip bench
front squats
good-mornings

This is a for instance, but every session hits every body part and that is the goal. Throw in some isolation movements that you like to do and you are golden. I’d say you ought to do about for sessions a week.

If you prefer splits, you can still do splits with HFT, but they are large splits, like upper/lower or push/pull, that type of thing, but no more than a two day split.

Or, you can do full body workouts, but with different emphasis. For instance, Work the whole body, but spend more time on your legs one session and then spend more time on upper body the next. That’s kind of a hybrid, best of both world’s scenario. Whatever you decide, just make sure work it as hard as you can.

your problem is opposite of the beach guys you spent all this time enhancing your drop the shorts muscles. The problem is you have to get the beach muscles first, so once you get the girls home you can drop the draws, no symmetry.

I guarentee if you were benching 5 plates as well as deadlifting 5 plates you would be happier

just don’t gain 5 plates to do it.

Lol airtruth, can you rephrase that please?

Meal 2 down the hatch. 2 protein scoops, 16oz skim milk, creatine

I’m feeling saucy so here’s another picture that makes me look a little less pussy. Maybe a 8/10 on the pussy scale instead of a 9/10.

Please ignore the pubis. Pubis is number one export all of Kazakhstan.

[quote]Rugby_Owns wrote:

[/quote]

Is that all you ate? If so, your diet is horrible. It’s no wonder you’re not getting anywhere. You really need to get your diet in order.

[quote]Digity wrote:
Rugby_Owns wrote:

Is that all you ate? If so, your diet is horrible. It’s no wonder you’re not getting anywhere. You really need to get your diet in order.

[/quote]

As I mentioned earlier, I was very hungover and didn’t feel like eating much. I was also only awake for about 8 hours.

Just ate a cup of walnuts

Your eating seems to be haphazard. Do you plan your meals or just kind of eat sporadically?