T Nation

I'm a Dad...

I’m a Dad… My wife gave birth nearly two weeks ago… Baby and wife are fine. It’s amazing I’m so pleased…

A couple of questions though. I’m obviously not getting alot of quality sleep and I’m now back to training three times a week - sort of a Positions of Flexion style workout over three days. With my lack of quality sleep will it still be beneficial to train…???

Also my legs are about 29" at the top of the thigh and I don’t really want them to get any bigger (having trouble finding jeans that fit me - bit of a problem in England - they don’t really cater for larger men over here…). What rep and weight scheme could I use to keep or slightly reduce what I have rather than increase the size…? I was thinking low weights and high reps…

Cheers
Stubob

Congrats on the baby. Sleep is important but some exercise is better than no exercise, try catin up on it on the weekends, takin ZMA and extra glutamine will help with recovery. With less sleep your legs probably will not grow anyways, my lege grow ez too, so some times I just skip legs or do light weights and lots of reps. Listen to your body if you feel tired and unmotivated due to less sleep reduce the volume of your workouts. good luck new dady

congrats on the baby. if you aren’t getting much sleep, 3 workouts a week might be all your body can take without overtraining (depending on your age and other factors). as far as legs go, i would do powerlifting type leg workouts, with triples and singles of squats, deads, and goodmornings. that way at least you can keep your strength up. good luck.

congrats.

Even though I’ve never directly communicated with you , I’ve read many of your posts and just sincerely wanted to wish you the best of luck :slight_smile:

To Spuddy and Nic - Thanks for the advice… I feel quite good even though I’m not getting much sleep. If I don’t train then I just feel lethargic and sleepy but when I do I feel so much better. I hate not training… My little boy is amazing extremely pleased with everything… Thanks again…Stubob…