Im a Beginner, In Need of Help

As I read around i noticed there was another kid that had the same problem i had, with gaining 20lbs. in 2 months, only mine was in like one month. I would like to know if it is possible to gain that much muscle, because before i gained i was benching 1452 and now i bench 1556, i used to squat 2251 and now i squat 3151, i haven’t tried to power clean yet, but before i could do 115*8, and all of this is with proper technique, the thing that get me wondering is that, for that whole month and about a half, i never lifted weights, i just did push ups, and small other things that involved self-weight, and I would only work out once a week, i eat about 2000 calories a day, on average.

the funny thing is that i didn’t gain the weight or strength until a couple months after wrestling season last year which was my first year, and i have to tell you the first year sucks, i have 14.5 inch biceps, 15.5 inch calves, 38 inch chest, and 23.5 inch quads. also i just turned 16 this last July and am a junior this year, I’ve done cross country for 2 years and was like the second slowest, running 22mins. in a 5000m race. but then again im a pretty big guy at only 5’8". the other sport i play is tennis I’ve done it for two year and ima do it this year too.

I don’t take any supplements because i don’t know what to buy, looking for advice though, and i don’t work out except for last year and the year before that, but only because it was for p.e. i do own a membership to 24hour fitness though, but it is a 30mile drive from my house, other than that, i don’t own any type of weights, because my dad bought me the membership even though i go rarely because i don’t have a car or a license, but once a week i get an energy surge, and i just have to work out, so i do push ups, jumps, and other random stuff. i am planning on slimming down, so i can maybe wrestle 150s this year, or else ima just skip that season, im also gonna do track instead of tennis my senior year(ima throw discus and sprint) any advice anybody has for me will be useful. thanks in advance.

WTF

[quote]adrian1520 wrote:
any advice anybody has for me will be useful. thanks in advance.[/quote]

re-arrange your post so its easier to read and udnerstand.

have maybe a small paragraph on background info, and clearly state what goals youre after.

information about current lifting routine/cardio/diet would also be helpful.

Good story Adrian!

I would seek psychological counseling. Your inability to think in any kind of organized matter is a problem. Get medicated,come back and start over.

[quote]LiamBrady wrote:
Good story Adrian!

I would seek psychological counseling. Your inability to think in any kind of organized matter is a problem. Get medicated,come back and start over.[/quote]

HAHA

[quote]eggywontgrow wrote:
adrian1520 wrote:
any advice anybody has for me will be useful. thanks in advance.

re-arrange your post so its easier to read and udnerstand.

have maybe a small paragraph on background info, and clearly state what goals youre after.

information about current lifting routine/cardio/diet would also be helpful.
[/quote]

This is helpful advice. We want to see you succeed, but it’s hard to read what you wrote and have it makes sense.

What are your goals?

What’s your problem?

What’s your question?

What are you currently doing for it?

In a format like that will get excellent feedback.

I Am Trying To Get More Defined(cut), doesn’t matter is i gain a few pounds of muscle, but i don’t want my end weight to be over 180lbs.

i have been lifting occasionally, mostly self strength exercises.

i wanna know what is it gonna take to drop from 18%BF to about 12%, and how long, because i wanna be in pretty good shape, by the end of my senior year, which is a year and a half from now.

Awesome.

LOL @ [quote]doesn’t matter is i gain a few pounds of muscle, but i don’t want my end weight to be over 180lbs. [/quote]

Depending on how much you weigh currently, it could take a long time or a very short time.

Here’s what I recommend:
Training Program: Waterbury Summer Project
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/the_waterbury_summer_project

Diet Program: T-Dawg Diet 2.0
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_diet_nutrition_bodybuilding/the_tdawg_diet_version_20

Train how they suggest, eat how they suggest, keep track of your results, and ask other questions you have.

413 words
6 sentences