I'm 16, And My Deadlift Sucks

Eyyyyyyy 5"8 club wohoooooo!
Your squat is relatively muchhh better than my deadlift, double bodyweight squat for reps is amazing!

I’m 31 and my deadlift sucks

3 Likes

I appreciate it bro

Are you going to post a video of your deadlift or what? All I can say is that either your deadlift technique is messed up or you are just naturally good at squatting.

You give me hope. I pulled 463 lbs about two years ago. Was not that bad getting to that point, but two years later I have only deadlifted 485 lbs in the gym.

Every meet something goes wrong with the deadlift. I am thinking I will get over 500 lbs at my meet in April. If I don’t drop the weight, get out of position, or something new I have not thought of.

I am not built for the deadlift (I hit my balls at the top), but think I can progress much further.

Here is to hoping!

how about a 330 front squat? ATG :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you referring to one of your sons? They’re bulldog’s sons, what else do we expect?

saw%20through%20me

But in all seriousness… I hope the young man post his Dead video soon. I have several ideas what the issue might be but wont know for certain until than.

@noahripstein do you pull conventional or sumo?

Conventional, and I’m next deadlifting in a bit under a week lol. Mb I timed making this post poorly lol. Thanks

I got my squat workout recorded. Here it is.

2 Likes

Depth is borderline, whether it would pass depends on the federation and judges. For anything to do with the IPF you need about an inch and a half more. But if you squatted 365 like that in training that’s cool, strength is not the limiting factor, you just need a little bit more depth and you are good.

Edit: I commented after only watching the first set, depth looks fine on the 2nd set. Squat like that.

1 Like

Noah, even your heaviest set looks easy, you can probably squat quite a bit more. What was the weight (last set on the 2 video) ?

1 Like

The weight was 320x3, 325x3, 330x3. It felt like I could’ve done 2 more reps on my last set, but it would’ve been ugly, and I want to follow my program exactly as written. I did feel like I had a bit more in the tank when I squatted 365 (the weight my program is calculated off of) I think 375 was probably there, but I didn’t have a ton of confidence (especially in my walkout) because it was the first day I’d gone over 335. Side note, if I do the meet at the end of April, 402lbs would be a dream lol, maybe it’s more likely to happen than I thought. Also thank you

When will you be pulling next ?

Probably Wednesday, possibly Thursday

What program are you using?

I’m currently on the Candito 6 week program. I’m trying to do the workouts all on the right days, but if I hav too much homework I sometimes rearrange the workouts within the week

What happened with 5/3/1? Did you stall or just felt it was time for a change?

Bench stalled on 5/3/1, and I felt like it was time for a change after a few months. I’d be happy to return to it soon though. (Might not if I do the meet at the end of April, I don’t really know how I’d program for that. maybe the Candito 6 week program again if I get good results)

How was you running 531? Most who stall on it do not have a full grasp on it I found. Especially now that it has morphed into a approach and not a cookie cutter routine.

1 Like