Ilya Ilyin 242kg Clean and Jerk

THIS !

Jesus Christ. Amazing to see in slow-mo.

I don’t even care if this is in the powerlifting section. Everyone needs to see this.

It’s just ridiculous.

The 240CJ (Power Jerk!) by David was also INSANE.

Koing

That man is clutch as all hell.

[quote]Koing wrote:
The 240CJ (Power Jerk!) by David was also INSANE.
[/quote]
Yeah, all 3 WR lifts were gnarly, but Bedzhanyan’s 240 and Ilyin’s 242 looked pretty limit; Nurudinov’s 239 did not.

I have watched this over and over again. The numbers are huge but when you watched the entire event, the pressure he was under to make this lift was huge. He just failed 239 kg moments before, put himself on the back foot and then HAD to make this 3 kg increase to win the title and remain undefeated, it was sport at its very best, true champion this guy and I have to say in my opinion he is the greatest we have ever seen.

[quote]irishpowerhouse wrote:
I have watched this over and over again. The numbers are huge but when you watched the entire event, the pressure he was under to make this lift was huge. He just failed 239 kg moments before, put himself on the back foot and then HAD to make this 3 kg increase to win the title and remain undefeated, it was sport at its very best, true champion this guy and I have to say in my opinion he is the greatest we have ever seen. [/quote]

Yes VERY exciting to watch.

The competition was IMMENSE. Behind on the Sn. Makes his first CJ, misses 239, HAS to make 242 to win on bw! An amazing fight by everyone.

Koing