Illusion of a Longer Leg?

One example of what I mean is Mohammed Makkawy and I want his legs, specifically his upper legs i am not sure what the muscle is called but you can see from this picture

Would anyone have an idea of how to build this muscle/muscles?

[quote]ChocolateChips wrote:
One example of what I mean is Mohammed Makkawy and I want his legs, specifically his upper legs i am not sure what the muscle is called but you can see from this picture

Would anyone have an idea of how to build this muscle/muscles?[/quote]

I’d say start with a 20-rep squat program, 2-3x a week. There’s several variants, John McCallum was one of the first to publish in the US. Work your way up in weight with those. You’ll start seeing quad development pretty quickly. You won’t be able to walk for the first few weeks, but you’ll start seeing changes.

Then, as you advance, start adding in leg presses, front squats, etc.

lores im not interested in building mass on the quadriceps I want to specifically target that upper leg area near the adonis belt and I think what im talking about is a bunch of hip flexor muscles

The Satorius muscle? Good luck trying to isolate that one or any of the other smaller ones up there.

I have long legs, it sucks.

@ infinite shore, what i want to build is the:

illopsoas muscle
satorious muscle
tensor fasciae latea muscle
adductor longus muscle
pectineus muscle

^ so basically the whole upper leg area and an example of what i mean is mohammed makkawy you can see all of those muscles are clearly developed in his leg giving a fuller look of the leg and since it ties into the adonis belt it gives the illusion of a longer leg.

Good luck looking like that.

Undoubtedly, he wasn’t doing some top secret leg routine to build those legs, he was pretty much doing the same things as everyone else at the time but his insertion points, levers, form, muscle bellies, etc… All worked together in forming those extremely
Impressive top to bottom quads.

So its just genetic? would there be any exercises to specifically focus on those areas? maybe leg raises, wide squats, deep squats and time?

One day, I will look like that whether it is years or decades I will look like that.

Until we start cloning people and actually testing some stuff im going to assume most of your asthetics is genetics.

Right now i do not have a very wide back compared to my hips, part of this might be from spending time doing alot of barbell exercises and pulls with a standard narrow grip , if i had spent the same time using a wide snatch grip on alot of stuff, you never know, maybe my back would be a couple inches wider.

You can only speculate.

anyone can get them with work they are just muscles right? im not saying i want mine to look exactly the same i simply want to build them

Yes, anyone can. Just build up your legs up with heavy weights and all of those muscles will be trained.

Yeah anyone can have legs like an IFBB Pro Bofybuilder. It’s easy guys.

if i were to work for decades, my whole life, i know i could get those sort of legs i dont care if i achieve them at 100 i will achieve them. i never said its easy it will take time and if you dont want to tell me how to work those muscles just leave there is no need for people like you i didnt ask for your demoralizing statements

holy calves, wow

Deadlifts/low bar squats with both a normal and wide stance, good mornings, natural glute hamraises, hack lifts, (from floor or from pins or elevated off the ground somehow) are some exercises just off of the top of my head that would help. Along with just simply heavy/intense training on big compound exercises… Everything would need to grow…

Why would you want to have long legs?

Long legs look good on women - massive snake-like torso and stumpy legs looks much better on a man. Like Michael Phelps: 6ft 4in and 29in legs.

[quote]ChocolateChips wrote:
if i were to work for decades, my whole life, i know i could get those sort of legs i dont care if i achieve them at 100 i will achieve them. i never said its easy it will take time and if you dont want to tell me how to work those muscles just leave there is no need for people like you i didnt ask for your demoralizing statements[/quote]

Look, if you find my statements to be demoralizing then that’s on you. I’m just being realistic. You can work your entire life but the chances of you having the same leg development of an IFBB Pro are slim to none… And if you’re a natural then slim just left the building.

Can you build strong impressive legs? Yes of course, but expecting IFBB pro quality bodyparts based on hard work alone isn’t realistic. You’re going to need some awesome genetics + dialed in diet + hard work + vitamin s to get to that level.

[quote]gregron wrote:

Look, if you find my statements to be demoralizing then that’s on you. I’m just being realistic. You can work your entire life but the chances of you having the same leg development of an IFBB Pro are slim to none… And if you’re a natural then slim just left the building.

Can you build strong impressive legs? Yes of course, but expecting IFBB pro quality bodyparts based on hard work alone isn’t realistic. You’re going to need some awesome genetics + dialed in diet + hard work + vitamin s to get to that level.[/quote]

OP=lulz

@ alternate just my personal goals I think it looks goofy on me and even more so because of my long neck

"Look, if you find my statements to be demoralizing then that’s on you. I’m just being realistic. You can work your entire life but the chances of you having the same leg development of an IFBB Pro are slim to none… And if you’re a natural then slim just left the building.

Can you build strong impressive legs? Yes of course, but expecting IFBB pro quality bodyparts based on hard work alone isn’t realistic. You’re going to need some awesome genetics dialed in diet hard work vitamin s to get to that level."

thanks for your realism sir but I can and will achieve it naturally

Whatever you say.