Illegal Supplements?

Hi, my name is Adam Cole. I play JV Football for my Highschool and I was wondering if anybody knew what supplements are illegal. Right now im taking Whey Protein, L-Glutamine, and liquid Creatine. Thanks for the help.

The liquid creatine should be illegal. You are being ripped off :frowning: Creatine is not stable in solution. Money down the drain.

o i didnt know its not stable in solution. thanx for telling me, i havent been taking it cept one time, but i wont take it anymore.

supplements arent illegal. Some supplements may be on a banned list for certain organizations.

And some unscrupulous companies may try to sell drugs disguised as supplements which is illegal, certain supplements which may have been banned by the FDA may be illegal to sell.

Now here is the real question is this thread for real?

And if it is why are you asking this?

An even better question is, why is a JV football player worried about supplements?

Use a protein powder if you can’t get enough protein through food, but I can’t see a need for anything else at that level.

Taking creatine of any form one time isn’t going to do anything for you…

I know just taking it one time doesnt do anything, I’ve just been too lazy to take it before I work out. Second, I do use protein powder because I don’t get enough protein, and I use the L- Glutamine to help with muscle recovery. I wanted to know this because I couldn’t find any national highschool football sites that told me which supplements were banned from use by players.

Get plain powder creatine and put it in your protien drink . ZMA makes you stronger .So does magnesium by itself .

[quote]pbdevil13 wrote:
I know just taking it one time doesnt do anything, I’ve just been too lazy to take it before I work out. Second, I do use protein powder because I don’t get enough protein, and I use the L- Glutamine to help with muscle recovery. I wanted to know this because I couldn’t find any national highschool football sites that told me which supplements were banned from use by players.[/quote]

I would ask your coach he would know if your school or team has a policy on supplement use, if he does not know then chances are you aren’t tested or if they do test it is for steroids and such. I think you are safe (from failing a steroid test) as long as you stick with supplements found at your local supplement shop (as long as it is a legitimate establishment like GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, ect.)

[quote]pbdevil13 wrote:
I know just taking it one time doesnt do anything, I’ve just been too lazy to take it before I work out. Second, I do use protein powder because I don’t get enough protein, and I use the L- Glutamine to help with muscle recovery. I wanted to know this because I couldn’t find any national highschool football sites that told me which supplements were banned from use by players.[/quote]

If you are too lazy to simply take a serving of creatine before going to work out, supplements are the least of your problems and you seriously need to re-evaluate what is going on.

As others have said, if you are playing JV football in high school you should concentrate on eating properly, lifting, practicing, resting, and school work. Take protein powder if you aren’t getting enough protein in your diet. Your parents pay for your food right now (I am assuming) and you are at the highest potential to grow. Make the most of it and don’t worry about the supplements.

If you are concerned about anything that you are taking (which should only really be protein powder and maybe creatine), go talk to your coach about what supplements are okay to take. Or even go talk to the Athletic Trainer or Athletic Director and ask them if they know which are allowed to be taken or if they have any resources you can get in touch with to find out.
-LH

well by lazy, what i meant was that i don’t have enough time to take it before i work out because i have to go to football practice like a half hour after i get off work and in that half hour it takes 10 minutes to get home, 3 minutes to get changed and get something small to eat and then 15 minutes to get to practice.

I dont have enough time to fit in something that would be banned. Also I try not be late because we have 5 push ups every minute we are late

[quote]pbdevil13 wrote:
well by lazy, what i meant was that i don’t have enough time to take it before i work out because i have to go to football practice like a half hour after i get off work and in that half hour it takes 10 minutes to get home, 3 minutes to get changed and get something small to eat and then 15 minutes to get to practice.

I dont have enough time to fit in something that would be banned. Also I try not be late because we have 5 push ups every minute we are late[/quote]

Stop making excuses, you either want it or don’t.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1080542

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1116382