Just a peek at it:
http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/text/criminals.html[/quote]

Damn we agree

[quote]orion wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:
This whole issue infuriates me.

My “favorite” is when ILLEGAL aliens defiantly announce, “We are not criminals!”

So do women driving cars in Saudi Arabia.

So do cannabis smokers the world over.

So do I when seeding “Steamboat Willie” to American IPs.

Many laws are dumb, and we violate them in the name of a cause higher than whatever institution calls itself justice. Freedom of movement for all!

I’m sure you would have been calling Rosa Park a criminal too.

Sure. Let the floodgates open and allow as many people to come here as they wish in the name of freedom. They should be able to utlize all of our resources while remaining anonymous and undocumented, failing to pay taxes, obey our laws, or contrbute to this country in any meaningul way.

Hey, either they bring you drugs or they do not contribute.

You cannot have it both ways.

Also, the nature of their job probably calls for some lack of documentation.

[/quote]

This post makes zero sense. What point are you trying to make here?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
orion wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:

My “favorite” is when ILLEGAL aliens defiantly announce, “We are not criminals!”

Many laws are dumb, and we violate them in the name of a cause higher than whatever institution calls itself justice. Freedom of movement for all!

Sure. Let the floodgates open and allow as many people to come here as they wish in the name of freedom. They should be able to utlize all of our resources while remaining anonymous and undocumented, failing to pay taxes, obey our laws, or contrbute to this country in any meaningul way.

This post makes zero sense. What point are you trying to make here?[/quote]

Most of the laws that were given as examples are laws that criminalize normal people doing normal things that cost no one anything. Illegal immigration costs the working class lost wages. It costs every body that pays taxes, from local taxes to federal taxes. That is the difference. A good portion of my friend have been and are Mexican, they are great people, but (ILLEGAL) immigration is just that (ILLEGAL).

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
borrek wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:

Umm, except there are perfectly legal ways to immigrate to the US. Although it is very progressive of you to sit across the ocean and offer my soil to aliens in the name of some cause. Freedom of movement? They are perfectly free to move here if they do it right.

I can’t drag my bed into my neighbors house because he has food a plenty and my fridge is empty.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I worked for a small business in NY. He hired a guy from Ecuador and wanted me to learn Spanish to train him. I refused… plain and simple. There was some serious tension until it turns out the new employee was steadfastly on my side. He wanted to learn English.

He had been saving money for years to come here, came here legally and left his family in Ecuador until he had enough to bring them here as well. He cherished that green card. He was dedicated, hard working and had more appreciation for this country than half the ignorant lazy complacent slugs that were born here.

I’d stand at the gate myself and welcome as many like him who wanted to come. They’re an upgrade over many of our own natural born citizens, but I have absolutely no tolerance for people who who take it upon themselves to violate our borders illegally. I have even less for so called Americans who think they should be allowed to do it. [/quote]

nods

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
orion wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:

This post makes zero sense. What point are you trying to make here?

Most of the laws that were given as examples are laws that criminalize normal people doing normal things that cost no one anything. Illegal immigration costs the working class lost wages. It costs every body that pays taxes, from local taxes to federal taxes. That is the difference. A good portion of my friend have been and are Mexican, they are great people, but (ILLEGAL) immigration is just that (ILLEGAL).[/quote]

I am in full agreement with all of that. But did not see any such proposition in Orion’s post.

It looks like the people of California are taking matters into their own hands…

http://www.taxpayerrevolution.org/

The idea of birthright citizenship has long since outlived it’s usefulness and should be formally abolished forthwith.

Only children born to legal citizens should be themselves granted legal citizenship.

I remember a year ago or so when all immigrants took the day off, calling it “A Day Without Immigrants”. I thought it was ironic that people would refuse to go to work or school to show how much they contribute.

It pissed me off that the same people asking for amnesty were waving around Mexican flags and burning American ones. It’s nice to hear from so many people that feel the same way I do about this issue.

[quote]TPreuss wrote:
I remember a year ago or so when all immigrants took the day off, calling it “A Day Without Immigrants”. I thought it was ironic that people would refuse to go to work or school to show how much they contribute.

It pissed me off that the same people asking for amnesty were waving around Mexican flags and burning American ones. It’s nice to hear from so many people that feel the same way I do about this issue.[/quote]

That is something that was prevalent here, you would see people waving flags and signs with “Viva Mexico” on them. If it’s so great, then why not go back? If the policy of citizenship given to those born here were to change and be abolished, things would drastically change. Anchor babies would no longer work or even exist.

Those immigrants should know that the way to get away with crime is to run for office!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/07/07/20090707jailpopshift0707.html

Hispanic males are now majority in county jails
by JJ Hensley - Jul. 7, 2009 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic .
There’s a shift under way in the Maricopa County jails.

The population of White male inmates, after growing steadily for more than a decade, has dropped in the past five years, while the population of Hispanic male inmates has increased to the point that they make up the ethnic majority, according Sheriff’s Office data.

Experts say the explanation for the increase is largely due to overall population trends coupled with a series of recent laws and policy decisions targeting illegal immigrants.

The majority of Hispanics in county jails are not in the country illegally. However, most of the illegal immigrants jailed as a result of immigration-enforcement efforts are Latino.

In 2006, County Attorney Andrew Thomas issued an opinion allowing prosecutors to charge illegal immigrants as co-conspirators in their own smuggling. Voters also approved Proposition 100, which denies bail to illegal immigrants.

In 2007, the Sheriff’s Office, Phoenix police and the state Department of Public Safety entered into agreements allowing officers and deputies to receive Immigration and Customs Enforcement training. Voters approved the Legal Arizona Workers Act, the state’s employer-sanctions law.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio has used ICE-trained deputies to conduct crime sweeps in neighborhoods with high Hispanic populations and work-site raids, which frequently result in arrests for warrants and other crimes that have nothing to do with immigration.

Arpaio pointed to his policy decisions and the new laws as a reason for the jail-population shift, particularly the denial of bail to illegal immigrants.

“They’re staying there. They’re not getting the revolving door. When we arrest them, they can’t get right out on bond,” Arpaio said.

On average, about 12 percent of the inmates in county jails have immigration holds. Some of those inmates are picked up on suspicion of crimes such as identity theft or illegal entry, while other inmates with immigration holds are brought in for outstanding warrants or crimes such as DUI.

“These numbers don’t represent a pattern of crime, they reflect a pattern of enforcement,” said Alessandra Soler Meetze, executive director of the Arizona ACLU, a group that is suing the Sheriff’s Office over allegations of racial profiling.

Arpaio said his deputies and other law-enforcement agencies weren’t looking to arrest minorities and pointed to the Hispanic population’s rapid growth.

Still, putting large numbers of police officers and deputies in Latino neighborhoods would clearly result in more Latinos going to jail, said Nastassia Walsh, a research analyst with the Justice Policy Institute, a Washington, D.C.,-based group that advocates alternatives to incarceration.

“What you see across the country, and probably one of the main reasons why there is so much of a disproportionate minority portion of the prison population is because law enforcement tends to focus on lower-income communities and communities of color when they’re doing their enforcement,” Walsh said.

About 8,000 men are in county jails each day, a number that’s remained unchanged in the past five years.

â?¢ The number of Hispanic men in county jails increased by more than 28 percent between 2004 and 2008, from 2,751 in 2004 to more than 3,500 last year. The number of Hispanics in Maricopa County increased by more than 20 percent, from 982,000 in 2004 to more than 1.18 million in 2007, the last year with ethnic data available from the U.S. Census.

â?¢ The number of White men in county jails fell nearly 18 percent, from 3,580 to 2,938 in that same time span, while the number of Whites in the county rose by almost 7 percent.

â?¢ The number of Black men in county jails continued to increase, from 986 to 1,158 in that five-year period, and now make up more than 14 percent of the jails’ male population. Blacks make up about 4 percent of the county’s population.

Jail officials said those population shifts have led to increasing ethnic tensions among inmates. Officials instituted a pair of rare systemwide lockdowns in the past two months, including one last week after intelligence indicated a large-scale disturbance between Black and Hispanic inmates, officials said.

The lockdown was lifted on Thursday and a small disturbance erupted the following day. Arpaio described the incident as “racially motivated,” and officials locked down a unit of the Lower Buckeye Jail.

These population shifts have occurred while Maricopa County, like the rest of the country, has seen an overall decline in violent crime.

Walsh said a similar pattern emerged during the late 1990s, when violent crime was on the decline and incarceration numbers continued to rise. “Law enforcement focused their efforts on drug crime (in the 1990s) and because they’re a ‘victimless crime,’ they’re very rarely reported as crime,” she said. “Because crime is going down, police have more time to go look for people who are here illegally, or for people who are selling drugs.”

But the raw data makes it difficult to draw any conclusions about the types of crimes residents of different ethnic backgrounds commit.

“I can only go on statistics in the jail, but that doesn’t mean that everybody committing crime is arrested, there could be 1,000 people committing a crime that aren’t arrested,” Arpaio said. “That’s pretty tough to try to make that qualification (about race and crime), you can’t just go by what we got in jail.”

Republic reporter Daniel González contributed to this article.

That was an interesting read. I lived in Phoenix for the first half of the 80’s.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
That was an interesting read. I lived in Phoenix for the first half of the 80’s. [/quote]

I moved here in 85

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
That was an interesting read. I lived in Phoenix for the first half of the 80’s.

I moved here in 85

[/quote]

The year I moved out =]

I like what Sheriff Joe is doing, hell I wish he was here in LA. People need to make it uncomfortable for illegals to be here. Keep jobs away, no benefits, no places to live. Then they will leave. I was proud to see my native Italy recently pass laws against illegal immigration. People are encouraged to report illegals for immediate deportation. If you are not legal, you are out, plain and simple. You have anchor babies, too bad, they can come with you. You are first deported to Libya, and then allowed to fight your case from Libya. That is how you do it.

This will continue to be a problem until major crackdown happens.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I like what Sheriff Joe is doing, hell I wish he was here in LA. People need to make it uncomfortable for illegals to be here. Keep jobs away, no benefits, no places to live. Then they will leave. I was proud to see my native Italy recently pass laws against illegal immigration. People are encouraged to report illegals for immediate deportation. If you are not legal, you are out, plain and simple. You have anchor babies, too bad, they can come with you. You are first deported to Libya, and then allowed to fight your case from Libya. That is how you do it.

This will continue to be a problem until major crackdown happens. [/quote]

I voted for Sheriff Joe, but the only reason I voted for him was because he was the only one doing anything about illegal immigration. I think his jails are a hell hole; he can not get along with any other elected official. He is old D.E.A. and his policies reflect that. As far as violence spilling over the border, I think Joe would like that. One thing about him he is a tough old fuck. What I am trying to say he has just about as many bad points as good.

Yeah, because illegal immigration is a problem.

[quote]orion wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:

[/quote]

fuck’em. We can get plenty of weed from California and the appalachians. Coke is so '80s anyway.

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:
Yeah, because illegal immigration is a problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/05/business/05immigration.html[/quote]

How does an illegal pay Social Security when he doesn’t have a legal Social Security Number? Notice I said LEGAL, so he either stole the identity of someone else, and identity theft is very costly to defend and remedy when it happens. He has no taxes withheld by the Fed or State, and most likely doesn’t own property so he evades property taxes too. Illegals cost $13 billion for California between education, healthcare, and incarceration. That still leaves the state 6 billion in the hole according to that alleged information.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
orion wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:

fuck’em. We can get plenty of weed from California and the appalachians. Coke is so '80s anyway.[/quote]

Not only that, you could legalize it and then tax it.