T Nation

I'll Be Around Tonight, Wednesday...

Hey, what’s going on?

Hey Dan, ive lots of your wok and admire your style of training. Ive tried OLAD and loved the results it gave me. My question is would OLAD program be a good program while trying to lose weight while keeping strenght up. I want to follow your meat, leaves and berrries lifestyle;)

Still trying to figure out how to apply discus training to the weight throw for distance…

Are you going to the Staley Seminar on Oct 15th?

DJ

I gotta say that I really respect you and your perspective on both training and life. I always meant to say post that before, but never got around to it. I can tell that you are an authentic person without haveing met you. Anyway, just my two cents.

Just to keep this post marginally related to training, what two exercises would you recommend to a guy whose sticking point is at the bottom of the DL?

Yes, in fact, you might be amazed at the combo. Try your best to focus for five days or so on meat (fish, eggs et al) and veggies, then “fruit up” for two (along with the Meat and Veggies). Give it a shot for a few weeks and then figure out if it is working for you…[quote]regy61669 wrote:
Hey Dan, ive lots of your wok and admire your style of training. Ive tried OLAD and loved the results it gave me. My question is would OLAD program be a good program while trying to lose weight while keeping strenght up. I want to follow your meat, leaves and berrries lifestyle;)[/quote]

on your program your body is one peice you state to do vertical jumps. Is this afer each set or after your last(6th set. THX in advance, with much respect to you.

Bottom? Off the floor?

I hate the following advice:

You know, I never had that problem.

Having said that…I have always thought that cleans …all varieties…can be a first step in improving ALL the deadlift issues. Next, I tried doing deadlifts with chains and thought they could help all deadlift issues, too…the acceleration feeling.

Now, here is another idea…I’m spitballing here…Farmers Walks. It will help the grip and the general conditioning issues. Finally, I would work the hell out of the Spinal erectors. I like hypers, reverse hypers, glute ham stuff, and the old school Straight leg deadlift. Catch some of the back issues of Get Up and find my stuff on the Romanian Deadlift, too.

When in doubt: deadlift.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
DJ

I gotta say that I really respect you and your perspective on both training and life. I always meant to say post that before, but never got around to it. I can tell that you are an authentic person without haveing met you. Anyway, just my two cents.

Just to keep this post marginally related to training, what two exercises would you recommend to a guy whose sticking point is at the bottom of the DL?[/quote]

Dan,

A kid at the high school has asked me for some help with a lifting program for wrestling.
Any thoughts?
Thinking about the sport, I would think that the routines need to support aspects of absolute strength, explosiveness and anerobic endurance, but I’ve been wrong before.

Dan, we need to catch up man! (My fault entirely though, got a million things going on over here…)

[quote]Danny John wrote:
Hey, what’s going on? [/quote]

Every set…all of them…

[quote]regy61669 wrote:
on your program your body is one peice you state to do vertical jumps. Is this afer each set or after your last(6th set. THX in advance, with much respect to you.[/quote]

Just take all my programs…erase the top…call it “Wrestling.”

Hell, half of what I know I thiefiated from wrestler types…

[quote]greg henger wrote:
Dan,

A kid at the high school has asked me for some help with a lifting program for wrestling.
Any thoughts?
Thinking about the sport, I would think that the routines need to support aspects of absolute strength, explosiveness and anerobic endurance, but I’ve been wrong before.[/quote]

I have some of the same issues. My kids demand food. The dog demands food. The cat demands food.

Hell, I’m hungry…

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
Dan, we need to catch up man! (My fault entirely though, got a million things going on over here…)

Danny John wrote:
Hey, what’s going on?

[/quote]

My buddy watched your DVD. His comment:

“That is freakin’ hilarious … especially that dog.”

Interesting how entertained we are by your “training video.”

See you in AZ,
Bastard

Hey Dan i’ve got your ‘Carried Away’ training dvd, i was wondering if you think combining the drills from the dvd with the MLB diet would work?

Hi Dan,

Where did you get your chains from? Did you make them yourself?

Thanks, and take care
Collin

Quan2m,

In case he missed it, with the weight throw, I’m finding it helps all my throwing. Also, eliminates love handles, quickly. From the discus, break the weight throw down. Standing, 1/2 turn, full turn, etc.

When I warm up, I just throw that sucker any way I can think of. Discus turns with the 35# weight really works the obliques.

The hard thing is to wait for the ball. We race ahead of the discus, so it is hard to let the ball move you.

Coach John will be one of the key presenters at this event…

[quote]quan2m wrote:

Are you going to the Staley Seminar on Oct 15th?[/quote]

The dog demanded a raise. Now, I have to deal with all these platitudes for the dog.

[quote]Bastard wrote:
My buddy watched your DVD. His comment:

“That is freakin’ hilarious … especially that dog.”

Interesting how entertained we are by your “training video.”

See you in AZ,
Bastard[/quote]

Sorry I missed your post! I mean, really…I missed a post on the discus???

What next?

Gary answered it well. Don’t ask me…ask John Powell, World Record HOlder: “the farther I throw this (the 35) the farther I throw the discus.”

Yes, I am going to the Boot Camp. If, and only if, Arizona allows me back in after the last “incident.”

[quote]quan2m wrote:
Still trying to figure out how to apply discus training to the weight throw for distance…

Are you going to the Staley Seminar on Oct 15th?[/quote]

Yes, Collin. I knitted the iron out of six ply rebar microcurrent and transluxed that into…

I’m kidding. My God, me make something? That just scares the hell out of most of Northern Utah!

Bigger FAster STronger…I bought 'em. Oh, at a discount, of course. I told them I was not going to use them for evil gains…

[quote]CollinAshmore wrote:
Hi Dan,

Where did you get your chains from? Did you make them yourself?

Thanks, and take care
Collin[/quote]