Ike is a Coming....

Good luck everyone who was affected by Ike, I haven’t heard from all of my friends from the greater Houston area yet but most of my friends and family in Louisiana came out fine. I went through Katrina and that was hell on earth!

Got a few pics in an email, thought I’d pass them along…

A horse grazes beside a house, surrounded by floodwater, near Winnie, Texas after Hurricane Ike, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008. Ike was the first major storm to directly hit a major U.S. metro area since Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans in 2005. (AP Photo/Pool, Smiley N. Pool)

Image of Hurricane Ike on September 10, 2008, taken by the crew of the International Space Station, flying 220 miles above Earth. Ike barreled into the densely populated Texas coast near Houston early September 13, 2008, bringing with it a wall of water and ferocious winds and rain that flooded large areas along the Gulf of Mexico and paralyzed the fourth-largest U.S. city. (REUTERS/NASA/Handout

This image from September 8, 2008 was provided by the U.S. Navy. Homes seen in Port De Paix, Haiti remain flooded after four storms in one month have devastated the area and killed more than 800 people. The amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) has been diverted from the scheduled Continuing Promise 2008 humanitarian assistance deployment in the western Caribbean to conduct hurricane relief operations in Haiti. (Emmitt Hawks/U.S. Navy via Getty Images)

The surge before the storm swamps Galveston Island, Texas, and a fire destroys homes along the beach as Hurricane Ike approaches Friday, Sept. 12, 2008. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip

Flooding over access road 523 to Surfside beach, caused by Hurricane Ike forming in the Gulf of Mexico, is seen near Surfside Beach, Texas September 12, 2008. (REUTERS/Carlos Barria

Homes and businesses on the Clear Creek Channel in Seabrook are surrounded by rising water from Galveston Bay on Saturday, Sept. 13, 2008 after Hurricane Ike passed through overnight as a Category 2 storm. (AP Photo/The Galveston County Daily News, Kevin M. Cox)

With Hurricane Ike offshore, Michael Gardner walks in high water in front of a burning marina warehouse in Galveston, Texas, Friday, Sept. 12, 2008. Fire fighters could not reach the structure so they allowed the structure to burn. (AP Photo/LM Otero)

A single home is left standing among debris from Hurricane Ike September 14, 2008 in Gilchrist, Texas. Floodwaters from Hurricane Ike were reportedly as high as eight feet in some areas causing widespread damage across the coast of Texas. (David J. Phillip-Pool/Getty Images)

A house sits among debris, piled up by storm surges after Hurricane Ike made landfall September 14, 2008 in Crystal Beach, Texas. (DAVID J. PHILLIP/AFP/Getty Images)

Flooding from Hurricane Ike inundates a high school football field in the town of Delcambre, La. Saturday, Sept. 13, 2008. (AP Photo/Richard Alan Hannon, pool)

Eddie Settlocker assesses damage caused by Hurricane Ike at an apartment complex he manages September 14, 2008 in Galveston, Texas. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)

A woman walks through a flooded neighborhood street, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008, in Orange, Texas. Hurricane Ike’s surge overcame the levee along the Sabine River that flows by Orange causing widespread flooding to the city. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)

A building maintenance worker walks over shattered glass from windows blown out by Hurricane Ike on the JPMorgan Chase tower Saturday, Sept. 13, 2008 in Houston. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

The Hollywood Community Cemetery is seen with several caskets scattered about after surfacing due to flood waters caused by Hurricane Ike, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008, in Orange, Texas. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)

A house burns uncontrolled in a flooded neighborhood as Hurricane Ike approaches the Texas coast, Friday, Sept. 12, 2008, in Galveston, Texas. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum)

A bulldozer clears debris along Interstate 45 after Hurricane Ike hit September 13, 2008 in Galveston, Texas. Hurricane Ike has caused losses of between eight and 18 billion dollars, according to early estimates from risk assessment companies on September 13, 2008. (DAVID J. PHILLIP/AFP/Getty Images)

After being through my fair share of these devastating storms, it takes a long time for a community to recover. Hell, its been 4 years since Ivan tore through Pensacola followed by Dennis the next year and we are still feeling affects.

My heart and prayers go out to you now living in these conditions and those who are making the sacrifices to do what they can to help.

[quote]mahwah wrote:
After being through my fair share of these devastating storms, it takes a long time for a community to recover. Hell, its been 4 years since Ivan tore through Pensacola followed by Dennis the next year and we are still feeling affects.

My heart and prayers go out to you now living in these conditions and those who are making the sacrifices to do what they can to help.[/quote]

Half of the staff in the clinic still don’t have power at home. I am wondering right now how I can get to work the rest of the week since they still have this 9pm curfew going and most gas stations that even have gas take an hour to reach the pump.

It was two weeks before I got power back after Ivan. Long days of cutting and hauling trees and branches and cold showers, yay!

Have they started giving out MRE’s yet?

Lot’s of calories in those :wink: