T Nation

IIFYM Log

I am starting my first ever log. I am 192lbs down from 208lbs in a few weeks. I was doing a ketogenic diet while tracking calories and macros. i am now doing a moderate carb, moderate protein moderate fat approach. Makes things more fun and less expensive.

Calories/Macros:

1622kcal
53g fat (30%)
176g carb (44%)
109g protein (26%)

I will be following Alan Aragon's general guidelines for IIFYM of 80% of calories from whole foods rich in fiber, good fats and micronutrients, 10% of calories from semi junk foods like whole grains, Yoghurt etc and 10% from all out junk like chocolate bars and fried chicken. These are just general guidelines I will strive to hit these. If some days I just hit calories and say F the guidelines, so be it, I still hit my calories :slightly_smiling:
Anyway to sum up This gives me around 162kcal a day to sneak in a small treat like a chocolate bar or some crisps. Result.

Bacon, tomato and onion wholemeal barm with a coffee and milk

1 barmcake
65g tomato
20g onion
100g bacon (most fat removed)
30ml semi skimmed milk

472kcal
32g carb
22g fat
33g protein
4g sugar

Couple of rice cakes for a snack.

124kcal
24g carb
2g fat
2g protein

Big ass bowl of green pepper and onion mac chicken cheese.

171g green pepper 34kcal - 9gcarb - 1gfat - 2gprotein
whole onion 55kcal - 11gcarb - 0gfat -2gprotein
100g Dried Macoroni 360kcal - 73gcarb - 1gfat - 13gprotein
20g parmesan 78kcal - 0gcarb - 6gfat - 7gprotein
198g chicken breast 214kcal - 0gcarb - 4gfat - 44gprotein
20ml double cream - 93kcal - 1gcarb - 20gfat - 1gprotein

834kcal
92g carb
32g fat
69g carb

Had another 2 rice cakes and a coffee with 100ml semiskimmed milk. I have 20 calories left so might have another cup later. Total macros for the day:

Finished my food for the day. I had the following:

Breakfast
Coffee black
Bacon and egg barm on wholemeal bun
Rice cake

Lunch
Homemade burger on wholemeal bun with cheese and lettuice, served with sweet potato oven chips

Snack
paprika rice cake
coffee with 40ml milk

No pictures for today but here are my final macros :slight_smile:

Good to see you logging! What are your goals?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Good to see you logging! What are your goals? [/quote]

Thanks dude.

I am focusing on getting lean and I am pretty much focused on mobility and stretching for the moment. Once I am at my goal weight and bodyfat and have sorted out my mobility I want to get strong, I have some interest in olympic lifting, gymnastics, powerlifting etc.

One thing at a time though, as they say.

I have been doing a couple hours a night of mobility work based on Coach Sommer’s Gymnastic foundation and Kelly Starret’s becoming a supple leopard. Feels really good starting something I am a total novice at.

Today I hit my calories, had quite a bit of crap food, no food in and not going shopping till tommorow. Overall not bad though.

Breakfast

2 scoops whey isolate

Lunch
Kidney beans with onion and herbs slow cooked with basmatti rice

snack
4 rice cakes

snack
popcorn

snack
weird biscuit thing

Will be alot healthier once I get some food in. Tonight is movie night with the girlfriend so popcorn had to be made :slight_smile: .

OK first day not tracking calories. My girlfriend has not been out for over a month with me due to me being injured. She was feeling neglected big time. Took her for a bang up meal.

Will continue counting tomorrow. Been eating at a deficit for over 4 weeks so I can justify it as a cheeky refeed :smiley:

Pretty tasty meals today.

Meal 1
Wholemeal Pitta with Homous and chili tomatoes
2 scoops of whey

Meal 2
3 ravita crackers with cottage cheese
Large orange

Meal 3
Frozen Yoghurt
Rice Cakes

I had some pretty awesome tasting food today. Meals were as follows

Meal 1
Turkey bacon sandwhich with brown sauce
coffee

Meal 2
Homous and Tomatoes with wholemeal Pitta
Whey protein shake

Meal 3
Mexican rice with a mexican bean reduction stew

Snack
Frozen Yoghurt

I did hit my macros and calories for the day, I just lowered my calories after having my last meal of the day so thats why it says I am over. I have lowered my calories from 1622kcal to 1536kcal. I have also upped my protein from 106g to 116g.

Today I had the following:

Breakfast
Turkey bacon barm
Puffed wheat cereal with skimmed milk and coffee

Lunch
Wholemeal pitta bread
Homous
Tomatoes
Large orange

Dinner
Rivita crackers with cottage cheese and herbs
Whey protein

[quote]YamatoDamashii92 wrote:
I did hit my macros and calories for the day, I just lowered my calories after having my last meal of the day so thats why it says I am over. I have lowered my calories from 1622kcal to 1536kcal. I have also upped my protein from 106g to 116g.

Today I had the following:

Breakfast
Turkey bacon barm
Puffed wheat cereal with skimmed milk and coffee

Lunch
Wholemeal pitta bread
Homous
Tomatoes
Large orange

Dinner
Rivita crackers with cottage cheese and herbs
Whey protein[/quote]

Forgot to post Myfitnesspal log for today.

Hit calories exactly again but fell short on protein. Not the end of the world. Had a bunch of bagels and humous that was going out of date today so thought I might as well use them.

Not sure why it didn’t show up above

I posted yesterdays macro screenshot twice. here is todays!

Bit short on the upped protein goal but pretty good overall.

I had a turkey bacon barm and coffee for breakfast. I had pizza bagels, mexican beans and rice, rice cakes and cottage cheese.

It was my mums birthday today and I had the patience of a saintly fat man, I refused the wine, the red velvet cake and the delicious grub. Hit my calories and was not far under protein.

I had a sausage wrap and coffee for breakfast and didn’t eat until about an hour ago afterwards. I just had a homemade pitta piza, pitta and homous with chopped tomatoes, a protein shake and a skinny cow icecream stick.

In the words of ice cube, today was a good day. Nigguh.

[quote]YamatoDamashii92 wrote:
It was my mums birthday today and I had the patience of a saintly fat man, I refused the wine, the red velvet cake and the delicious grub. Hit my calories and was not far under protein.

I had a sausage wrap and coffee for breakfast and didn’t eat until about an hour ago afterwards. I just had a homemade pitta piza, pitta and homous with chopped tomatoes, a protein shake and a skinny cow icecream stick.

In the words of ice cube, today was a good day. Nigguh.[/quote]

Forgot the screenshot!