IGN Gives Uncharted 3 a 10/10

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Getting my copy of Uncharted 3 on PS3 today and I just can’t wait to play… well schedule allowing. Lot of friends are raving how good the game is. About time I check it for myself.

I’m tempted to get Rage too since it reminds me a bit of Quake and Doom. Next on the list COD MW3.

[/quote]

Rage is not like Quake or Doom at all.

It is fallout and Borderlands combo. [/quote]

No?

Based on some gameplay I’d seen, some indoors elements definitely reminded me of the Quake and early Doom games. There’s a bit of Wolfenstein and Bioshock combo in there too… meh, maybe I’m stipulating too much :slight_smile: I shall have a better idea once I get playing.

And I agree that the outdoor landscape, the npcs etc… have got that Fallout feel.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
FUCK

I forgot Uncharted came out today.[/quote]

Lol

[/quote]

Quake and Doom are very dark, brooding, shock, scare type games.

Rage is very colorful and vibrant type game. Very intense but different, also with all the car driving you do, will not get the Quake or Doom feel.

But is it as dark as Fallout?

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
But is it as dark as Fallout?[/quote]

No.

You know how Movie directors change the color scheme of a movie to create a “mood”, like some are yellow tinged etc. Fallout was very “brown” you know to set that tone of an apocalyptic nuclear radiation “Fallout”.

This is colorful even for a mostly desert environment.

Quake and Doom were very Black.

Rage is a fun great game, I like how they did not try to create a Fallout and make it a stand alone game.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

No.

You know how Movie directors change the color scheme of a movie to create a “mood”, like some are yellow tinged etc. Fallout was very “brown” you know to set that tone of an apocalyptic nuclear radiation “Fallout”.

Rage is a fun great game, I like how they did not try to create a Fallout and make it a stand alone game.[/quote]

Thanks.

I think I’ll get Rage some other time then. I didn’t want a rip off of Fallout but at the same time I expected a darker game.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

No.

Rage is a fun great game, I like how they did not try to create a Fallout and make it a stand alone game.[/quote]

Thanks.

I think I’ll get Rage some other time then. I didn’t want a rip off of Fallout but at the same time I expected a darker game.
[/quote]

No problem.

Did you get Dead Island?

Another game that was totally NOT what I expected with the color scheme.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

No problem.

Did you get Dead Island?

Another game that was totally NOT what I expected with the color scheme. [/quote]

Well I haven’t finished Dead Island yet. Full of freaking bugs. So I’ve chucked it on the side. It was a real shame back then since the graphics and the landscape are amazing. The patch is downloaded on my ps3 and when I find the time, I’ll take up where I left off.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

No problem.

Did you get Dead Island?

Another game that was totally NOT what I expected with the color scheme. [/quote]

Well I haven’t finished Dead Island yet. Full of freaking bugs. So I’ve chucked it on the side. It was a real shame back then since the graphics and the landscape are amazing. The patch is downloaded on my ps3 and when I find the time, I’ll take up where I left off.
[/quote]

Okay so you know how the scenery was very vibrant and colorful, not a very dark and foreboding like left 4 dead or any other Zombie game.

Rage is kind of like that difference between Quake/Doom.

I also laid Dead Island aside due to bugs and new games coming out.

So what’s the difference between all these different kid of PS3 models. I see slims, 60gb, 80gb, 160gb, 320gb, etc. wtf?

^internal storage space

The game rocks, that is all.